Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CottonCandi

My Face Looks Flakey With Makeup No Matter What I Do!

Even if I moisturize really well before applying loose powder or concealer and my face doesn't LOOK dry, the second I apply loose powder or something to it it looks HORRIBLE and looks very flakey and just nasty! Why is this and how do I avoid it? I'm tired of having to re-wash my face and NOT wear makeup because of my face looking really dry. I've even tried adding Jojoba oil to my moisturizer but that never works because the oil never soaks in my skin and leaves it oily so when I apply powder it looks WET and nasty.

I had this issue as well, and it was because I needed to exfoliate. It didn't matter how much moisturizer I put on, the dead skin was still there. The trouble is, scrubs etc. are terrible for your skin. I recently started using Differin, and it's made a HUGE difference. I never look flaky anymore. I'm not sure what topical(s) you're using, but I found that BP only made my flakiness worse, whereas Differin has made my skin so incredibly smooth, the difference is night and day.

By the way, I used to think that it was because I was using powder so I tried switching to a liquid foundation... didn't make a difference! When it sets, the flakiness is still there. I also tried primers, and the flakes still showed through. The only thing that's helped me is Differin.

Have you ever manually exfoliated with a very soft wash cloth? I cannot use scrubs but I do this quite often. I have flakes around my nose and chin sometimes and this seems to help me out. Also, what type of brushes are using to apply your powder? That can make a huge difference when it comes to dry, flaky skin. I choose to favor tight,flat-top buffer synthetic brushes over animal hair because of my sensitivities.