Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manticore

It's Been A Week Since I Had A Notification About A Gallery Comment...

Im liking your comment just to witness the 'secretly pleased but trying to look indifferent' look on your face. I saw it AKL, there is no disguising it.

lol.gif It's too obvious, isn't it? redface.gif

Im liking your comment just to witness the 'secretly pleased but trying to look indifferent' look on your face. I saw it AKL, there is no disguising it.

lol.gif It's too obvious, isn't it? redface.gif

It could do with some work.....

lol, well, I did mean every word I said. This website is not about childish contests imo, but whatever. It's here and it's not going anywhere.

lol, well, I did mean every word I said. This website is not about childish contests imo, but whatever. It's here and it's not going anywhere.

Oh look, I completely agree. Having a whole heap of 'likes' is completely meaningless and there is absolutely no need to be getting into a competiti......HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE HERE!.....How did you get more 'likes' than me?!? This wont do at all.....Oh I feel so worthless... ;)

Oh look, I completely agree. Having a whole heap of 'likes' is completely meaningless and there is absolutely no need to be getting into a competiti......HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE HERE!.....How did you get more 'likes' than me?!? This wont do at all.....Oh I feel so worthless... wink.png

Oh, you don't wanna know how much that has cost me. Just don't feel worthless, or at least not completely :P

The bug is still alive and well, all the comments on my latest pictures keep vanishing. Stupid thing is, I just took the time to respond to one knowing very well that they'll both soon disappear... :doh:

The bug is still alive and well, all the comments on my latest pictures keep vanishing. Stupid thing is, I just took the time to respond to one knowing very well that they'll both soon disappear... eusa_doh.gif

Yeah :( No news on the new version of the gallery software yet... There's also still a bug with some blog entries (redirect loop). Let's hope this will be over soon.

The bug is still alive and well, all the comments on my latest pictures keep vanishing. Stupid thing is, I just took the time to respond to one knowing very well that they'll both soon disappear... eusa_doh.gif

Yeah sad.png No news on the new version of the gallery software yet... There's also still a bug with some blog entries (redirect loop). Let's hope this will be over soon.

Well it was probably too much to hope for a fix until we're the new year. Gah! I was just afflicted with the redirect loop bug. Stupid thing. Tried taking some worming tablets but the only thing that fixed it was to create a whole new entry and copy the text into that. Go figure.

Let's hope this will be over soon.

:lol: That makes it sound like we're being tortured or something!

Yes, let us hope that we can find the strength to battle on and that this living hell vanishes in the same way our picture comments do. ;)

Well it was probably too much to hope for a fix until we're the new year. Gah! I was just afflicted with the redirect loop bug. Stupid thing. Tried taking some worming tablets but the only thing that fixed it was to create a whole new entry and copy the text into that. Go figure.

lol, yeah, I've reported it to Seva yesterday. The link looks fine, but for some reason it keeps redirecting. Go easy on the worming tablets, just saying.

lol.gif That makes it sound like we're being tortured or something!

Yes, let us hope that we can find the strength to battle on and that this living hell vanishes in the same way our picture comments do. wink.png

lol.gif It is a burden, Paul, I don't know how you can even live with the knowledge that your comments disappear all the time. Maybe we should start a support group, so we can talk about it under the supervision of a psychiatrist. I think it's the only way tongue.png

Redirect loop bug should be fixed. If you -or anyone else- comes across another one, please post the link here.

Redirect loop bug should be fixed. If you -or anyone else- comes across another one, please post the link here.

So far, both entries Holly1988 has made in her blog display the redirect error.

http://www.acne.org/...olly1988s-blog/

Perhaps it's just coincidence they were both faulty?

If it is fixed, does it apply to new entries only or should previous entries which were broken also now work?

So far, both entries Holly1988 has made in her block display the redirect error.

http://www.acne.org/...olly1988s-blog/

Perhaps it's just coincidence they were both faulty?

If it is fixed, does it apply to new entries only or should previous entries which were broken also now work?

Hmmm...given the fact that the blog entries you posted are from December, I think old blog entries that were broken, are still broken today. I'll ask Admin if they know what the problem is, since these entries aren't even that old.

I was going to like this, but then read that Paul had pointed out there are still redirect loop bugs in old posts, so I will withhold affection until that's fixed ;)

Thanks for the worming tablets advice, I think it was probably well-placed. I never could do the dance move anyway.

I was going to like this, but then read that Paul had pointed out there are still redirect loop bugs in old posts, so I will withhold affection until that's fixed wink.png

Thanks for the worming tablets advice, I think it was probably well-placed. I never could do the dance move anyway.

lol.gif

Seva has let us know that both the board software and the gallery software are updated. He did a lot of testing with blog entries, he's 99% sure that everything works now. I also approved one picture comment yesterday, if it's still here tonight, I'll start approving the rest. If anyone knows of comments that need approving: post a link to the picture here, so I or one of the other mods can do so.

Seva has let us know that both the board software and the gallery software are updated.

Hallelujah! Thanks AKL, and Thanks Seva! Cheers to a bug-free year for the Org, and all those who work hard to get it that way! proud.gif

Hallelujah! Thanks AKL, and Thanks Seva! Cheers to a bug-free year for the Org, and all those who work hard to get it that way! proud.gif

I wish it was true. The update of the board software was undone, too many bugs. And the update of the gallery software didn't solve the issue we're having with the disappearing comments...

I think I have the same problem, I can see people commented on my photos, but i can't see the comments sad.png

Two of the pictures have two comments each. I can see all four comments so it's strange that they don't appear for you.

I've approved the comments again so feel free to check the gallery and see if they're visible to you now. Let us know if not. :)

Two of the pictures have two comments each. I can see all four comments so it's strange that they don't appear for you.

I've approved the comments again so feel free to check the gallery and see if they're visible to you now. Let us know if not. smile.png

Yes, moderators can see all comments, but for whatever reason members can't. I already approved them 2 days ago (there were 3 comments then), they were gone the next day.

I think I have the same problem, I can see people commented on my photos, but i can't see the comments sad.png

I've approved the comments again so feel free to check the gallery and see if they're visible to you now. Let us know if not. smile.png

I can see them now, thank you!

Et voilà, they're gone again...

I reckon that's your fault, you must have jinxed it or something! :P

It's not so bad for those of us who know it's happening but if I were knew and I struggled to find comments on my pictures, I'd probably think I was doing it incorrectly or something. By the same token, if I left a comment and it seemingly vanished, I could be forgiven for wondering if I'd said something wrong which could cause it to be removed. Either way, it just doesn't create a great impression and it's not good that these bugs are still an issue.

I reckon that's your fault, you must have jinxed it or something! tongue.png

crazy2.giflol.gif

It's not so bad for those of us who know it's happening but if I were knew and I struggled to find comments on my pictures, I'd probably think I was doing it incorrectly or something. By the same token, if I left a comment and it seemingly vanished, I could be forgiven for wondering if I'd said something wrong which could cause it to be removed. Either way, it just doesn't create a great impression and it's not good that these bugs are still an issue.

Exactly! And it's not like this has something to do with the conversion, since these pics were uploaded on January 31. I just approved the comments for this pic again: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/image/45203-5/ Let's try to keep an eye on them, so we know at what time they disappear. I'm pretty sure there's some job running that's responsible for this. If we know the time, then Admin may have an idea on what job it is, so they can finally start fixing it.

OK...the comments are gone now. Last time I checked was 6:04 PM CET (9:04 AM PST), they were still visible then. So, somewhere between 9:04 AM and 11:14 AM PST, they vanished. Weird that they were visible at this time yesterday. Oh well, I'll approve them again, see what happens tomorrow.