Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manticore

It's Been A Week Since I Had A Notification About A Gallery Comment...

I know that we are told to be patient while comments on gallery photos are approved, but it has been a week since I received an email notification that a comment has been left on my gallery, and it still isn't showing.

If the comment hasn't been approved, should I have received a notification to let me know this?

OK. Thanks to AKL, the latest comment, plus all the previous ones that went "missing" were restored by AKL re-approving them.

However, I replied to the latest comment yesterday...and now all of the comments have disappeared again!

Picture 8 in my gallery has a number 8 in the top right corner showing the number of comments, but when I click on it, no comments are shown. The comments did show up after AKL approved them, but once I posted my own comment they disappeared again!

Really weird... I approved them again, please see if they show up now. And then try posting another comment to see if they disappear again.

Really weird... I approved them again, please see if they show up now. And then try posting another comment to see if they disappear again.

Yep. They have showed up again.

Just posted a test reply & I can still see them.

I will look again in about 8 hours time.

Could you see the comments yourself before you approved them? If so, could it be because you are a moderator? I wonder if the comments would be missing to another normal member at the time when I can't see them either. Or is it just me, I wonder.

Edited by Manticore

Yes, I could see them. They didn't even appear as unapproved posts, that's another weird thing. I think all members see what you do, to them they would be invisible, too. Keep an eye on it, please, and let me know if something's wrong again.

Somethings gone wrong again! LOL.

Had an email notification about 8 hours ago, saying Seva had commented on my gallery photo.

I have just taken a look, & all the previous comments have disappeared again. The only comment I can see is Seva's.

The number of comments states just 1 comment & the number in the top right of Week 8 photo is 1.

Screen grabs attached.

post-144217-0-43085600-1318367453_thumb.

post-144217-0-51058800-1318367470_thumb.

post-144217-0-43085600-1318367453_thumb.

post-144217-0-51058800-1318367470_thumb.

Edited by Manticore

They're approved again. Let's hope Seva can fix this annoying bug soon...

Just taken another look & all 10 comments are showing again.

Edit...looks like we posted at exactly the same time.

Edited by Manticore

ALL comments disappeared yet again, even though I have had no notification to say that a new comment has been left!

The number of comments shows as 0

I wonder if Seva can confirm that it's a bug affecting everyone's gallery photo comments. I'm still surprised that no one else has mentioned it.

Edit...a few hours later the number of comments shows as 8 & I was able to see them all again.

A few hours later still (i.e. now) and the number of comments still shows 8, but the comments themselves have disappeared again.

Edited by Manticore

I can see little numbers next to my photos but can't see the messages. Only the messages on my latest gallery upload -I can see some but not all but the older posts all messages are invisable. I've not said anything cause I was trying to be patient :-)

Haha! I just posted about this too, I'm in the same boat; I can't see comments made on my gallery photos, even though a little green number indicates I've got a message. I was also trying to be patient proud.gif

@Manticore: I approved the comments again after reading your post (on October 11), but when I just checked they were gone AGAIN... I approved them for the 4th time and checked with another browser (where I wasn't logged in as a moderator). They're up again (I wonder for how long).

@Resery & unblvbl: I approved your comments, they show up now.

I have no idea why comments keep disappearing, but it sure is pretty annoying (and that's an understatement).

AKL, I can see all my comments now, even the older ones. I was kind of fantasizing that perhaps they were all marriage proposals, but alas its not to be shifty.gif

AKL, I can see all my comments now, even the older ones. I was kind of fantasizing that perhaps they were all marriage proposals, but alas its not to be shifty.gif

Oh, but I removed those. I figured you can only marry one man, so in order to not confuse you I deleted all proposals. Also, that right is reserved for moderators only. And yes, that's abusing mod powers, but hey...stop me tongue.png

Glad you can see the other comments now! smile.png

Bahahaha......oh its so good to see you have my best interest at heart. You made a little mistake though....you could have let me keep ONE of the many received proposals....surprised.gif Pffff...now I'm going to be single for life.....

you could have let me keep ONE of the many received proposals....surprised.gif

I'll keep that in mind, the next one stays ;)

@Manticore: I approved the comments again after reading your post (on October 11), but when I just checked they were gone AGAIN... I approved them for the 4th time and checked with another browser (where I wasn't logged in as a moderator). They're up again (I wonder for how long).

@Resery & unblvbl: I approved your comments, they show up now.

I have no idea why comments keep disappearing, but it sure is pretty annoying (and that's an understatement).

Hi AKL, any chance of using your omnipotent mod powers to find out the status of the gallery comment bug fix? It's driving me crazy! In return I can offer unhindered adoration and a positive reputation point ;)

Hi AKL, any chance of using your omnipotent mod powers to find out the status of the gallery comment bug fix? It's driving me crazy! In return I can offer unhindered adoration and a positive reputation point wink.png

lol.gif Meh...I'm still 80 points away from being famous, so unless you can spare some time... However...unhindered adoration eusa_think.gif

Seva told me he's waiting for the new release of the gallery software, hopefully that'll solve the issue. He said this bug is caused by the size of the database, and a bug in the recalculate tool. Let's hope the new version will be installed soon.

I have un-approved and then re-approved your pics and comments, maybe that works, you never know. At least they will be here today wink.png

Hehehe well now you're 76 points away! badgrin.gif Yes, you can't underestimate the value of unhindered adoration!

Oh cool, thanks! I figured it was reasonably high on the "To Do" list. Waiting for a new version of software could take a while (at least), but hopefully it won't take too long.

Thank you for that! I shall treasure them for approximately twenty four hours, hehehe.

...Alas, no proposals yet ;)

Hmmm...surprise...they're gone again...not even 24 hours. Just to get things straight: am I getting 4 likes for every time I enable them? If so, maybe I can delay the installation of the new version until I'm famous ;)

Just to get things straight: am I getting 4 likes for every time I enable them? If so, maybe I can delay the installation of the new version until I'm famous wink.png

That would be a pretty hollow victory. Good idea though! :lol:

That would be a pretty hollow victory. Good idea though! lol.gif

Oh well, hollow victory ftw, as far as I'm concerned ;) This whole rating system is rubbish/hollow anyway, since most likes are given in the lounge and blogs (not exactly the backbone of this site), by people who know each other. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it right now.

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it right now.

As long as I get to keep my star! biggrin.png A lot of my 'likes' are from the main sections of the board I think, but that's to be expected, given my awesome level of famousness. wink.png It makes me laugh really, I've always thought that anyone who agrees with me must be crazy! tongue.png

Edited by PaulH85

It makes me laugh really, I've always thought that anyone who agrees with me must be crazy" tongue.png

Not disagreeing here.

jk :lol:

[ This whole rating system is rubbish/hollow anyway, since most likes are given in the lounge and blogs (not exactly the backbone of this site), by people who know each other. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it right now.

Im liking your comment just to witness the 'secretly pleased but trying to look indifferent' look on your face. I saw it AKL, there is no disguising it.

...Alas, no proposals yet wink.png

Yup, same. shifty.gif