Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraven Moorhead

Drinking Only Water (Breaking Out)

Lately I've been trying to drink only water through out the day & with meals....I'm about a week in and starting to get little breakouts and my skin looks worse in general. Def not the results I'm looking for with just drinking water :( Is there a reason why it's happening ?

What should I Drink with meals?

I'm not on any strict or special diet....Not tons of junkfood or anything , I eat some chips & maybe some cookies here and there. But I didn't breakout before when I was drinking all of that with diff kinds of pop.

Just looking for the connection to why It would start to get worse with just water and no other liquids

Purging aka detox means getting rid of impurities. This usually looks like a break-out. Apart from beauty products, positive diet and lifestyle changes like giving up coffee, going raw or even giving up smoking also cause skin detoxification. That is because the body heals itself by trying to flush out accumulated toxins. These toxins have been tucked away, but now they are coming out and leaving the body (but on the way they come into contact with your nerves, and make you feel like crap).

Could this be what's going on ?

You shouldn't drink water with meals, it inhibits digestion. What's your diet like?

I always thought it was good to drink water with your meals, eh.

Someone needs to provide more information on this, and this thread. I'm curious now.

Edited by Vampireninja09

You shouldn't drink water with meals, it inhibits digestion. What's your diet like?

Someone needs to provide more information on this, and this thread. I'm curious now.

I think it dilutes digestive enzymes. I always wait an hour after a meal before drinking. If I do drink something it would be a little bit of hot water or tea

I think it dilutes digestive enzymes. I always wait an hour after a meal before drinking. If I do drink something it would be a little bit of hot water or tea

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. That's interesting because you know you usually hear people say to drink while you eat because it fills you up, and you eat less. That might make sense though. I know I have problems digestive wise that my stomach hurts after I eat. It's probably not related though with drinking.