Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chichijay

What Are These Little Bumps All Over My Face?!

I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong forum or something, I'm new and I'm desperate to get rid of these tiny bumps that have taken over my face!! These things are mainly visible in light, the big ones are the ones i tried to pop and became bigger. What the hell are these? Will they EVER go away? I've had them since the beginning of September! These came after I used St. Ives apricot scrub or maybelline dream mouse foundation ( I don't know because I got them at the same time.) I was using St.Ives every other day(two days) than I got maybelline dream mouse foundation, but at one point I realized these ugly tiny bumps all over my face ESPECIALLY on my chin area! So, my friend who has really clear skin told me she used St.Ives everyday so I did it for three days in a row than stopped. I think I over exfoliated. I don't know what these are, some one please tell me what they are and how to get rid of them. Is this comedonal acne? If so does minocycoline get rid of it because I'm on minocycoline acne pills, and I'm wondering if this will get rid of them? It's very depressing, I've never had my skin even close to this bad. I have no self esteem right now, I really need to know how or when these will go away. And what they are.

Here's the picture I took just now, close to the light of my room:

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll17/jaslir/?action=view&current=IMG07850-20110928-2337.jpg

post-159001-0-35207800-1317316587_thumb.

post-159001-0-35207800-1317316587_thumb.

Looks like cosmetic acne to me. You got them right after using those products? Are you still using them? If so then stop! Go easy and give your delicate skin a break. You may over done it with exfoliation and the introduction of new products. Slowly introduce products into your regimen when your skin comes down. You said you've never reacted like this before so it's a good chance it is a cosmetic reaction. Try some OTC Hydrocortisone cream 1% and give it rest. If it is a reaction they will dry up and subside. If not go to the derm!

I already went to the doctor and I don't think my mom would take me to a derm because she says the doctor has to recommend it. Either way, there's no way of convincing her to take me to a derm. I was thinking about using spectro jel, I really want to get rid of these. Also I noticed that some of them that went away on their own left little holes in my face! It's so tempting not to pop them, I actually popped some today. But yeah, What does the OTC cream do? And where could i get it? My mom isn't really letting me get anything because she says im going to ruin my face. I used spectro once, it worked but I got rid of it cause of the smell. :s Also, what exactly is cosmetic acne?

Edited by chichijay

Guest Timehealsall

I already went to the doctor and I don't think my mom would take me to a derm because she says the doctor has to recommend it. Either way, there's no way of convincing her to take me to a derm. I was thinking about using spectro jel, I really want to get rid of these. Also I noticed that some of them that went away on their own left little holes in my face! It's so tempting not to pop them, I actually popped some today. But yeah, What does the OTC cream do? And where could i get it? My mom isn't really letting me get anything because she says im going to ruin my face. I used spectro once, it worked but I got rid of it cause of the smell. :s Also, what exactly is cosmetic acne?

depends on the product and how the person reacts tbh. cosmetic acne is acne caused by makeup

depends on the product and how the person reacts tbh. cosmetic acne is acne caused by makeup

Should I just leave it alone and it will go away on its own or try something? I used to use clean and clear but I stopped using and I stopped using everything, only clay mask sometimes. I was using dove soap, now I'm using Ivory soap because I hear it's good for acne. Basically, I dropped everything and am sticking to soap to give my skin a break. If it is cosmetic acne does it leave on its own? By the way, I don't use my foundation anymore just concealer sometimes. I've actually noticed that some of it has gone away, it was worse than that before and some has gone away. I don't know if it was the soap, the clay mask, or the minocycline but I've only been on that for almost 2 weeks 100mg a day. I was afraid this would be something like folliculitis or something like that. Or clogged pores perhaps? But I've popped some and the same stuff that comes out of a pimple comes out of them and some are closed and won't pop! Some turn red when I try to. I think I'll leave my face alone.. Should I just leave it on it's own? I really hate this. Also will the minocycoline get rid of this? I have alot of questions, sorry :(

Okay- Cosmetic acne is NOT just make up. It is a term that includes facial products that include face washes, lotions, scrubs, etc. Anything you use on your delicate face other than good old WATER.

OTC means Over The Counter. Products that are bought and sold at drugstores, supermarkets, etc.

Hydrocortisone Cream 1% is an steroid ointment that is to be used sparingly and short term to clear up rashes, itches, and inflammation caused by cosmetics and allergic reactions.

If it is truly cosmetic reaction it will clear up on its own-if left alone. So no popping, picking, and touching.

I am not familiar with Minocycline side effects. Could it be a side effect of the medication? At the very least if you cannot go to the doctor that prescribed your prescription call your Dr.'s nurse assistant and they will be more than obliged to answer any questions or concerns regarding your reaction.

Guest Timehealsall

u could try benzoyl peroxide or salycic acid.

Okay- Cosmetic acne is NOT just make up. It is a term that includes facial products that include face washes, lotions, scrubs, etc. Anything you use on your delicate face other than good old WATER.

OTC means Over The Counter. Products that are bought and sold at drugstores, supermarkets, etc.

Hydrocortisone Cream 1% is an steroid ointment that is to be used sparingly and short term to clear up rashes, itches, and inflammation caused by cosmetics and allergic reactions.

If it is truly cosmetic reaction it will clear up on its own-if left alone. So no popping, picking, and touching.

I am not familiar with Minocycline side effects. Could it be a side effect of the medication? At the very least if you cannot go to the doctor that prescribed your prescription call your Dr.'s nurse assistant and they will be more than obliged to answer any questions or concerns regarding your reaction.

No, no it`s not the minocycline, I started the minocycline after this, I had noticed these bumps all over my face and so I went to the doctor and he put me on minocycline, haven`t had any side effects yet. I think I over-exfoliated, or the make-up either way I`m not going to be using any again. Ha, I kinda popped some today but I won`t anymore! It was just tempting but I`m just going to wash my face with Ivory soap and water and hope for the best. These things are driving me nuts :s Are they going to take really long to go away on their own? I don't want these things forever! I try to avoid the sun because they're so visible in the sun light it's embarrassing sad.png I only have myself to blame.. If it's not comsetic acne, what else could it be? Also some that have left on their own, have left little tiny holes.. Only three and small but I don't want the rest to do that to..

Edited by chichijay

No, no it`s not the minocycline, I started the minocycline after this, I had noticed these bumps all over my face and so I went to the doctor and he put me on minocycline, haven`t had any side effects yet. I think I over-exfoliated, or the make-up either way I`m not going to be using any again. Ha, I kinda popped some today but I won`t anymore! It was just tempting but I`m just going to wash my face with Ivory soap and water and hope for the best. These things are driving me nuts :s Are they going to take really long to go away on their own? I don't want these things forever! I try to avoid the sun because they're so visible in the sun light it's embarrassing sad.png I only have myself to blame.. If it's not comsetic acne, what else could it be? Also some that have left on their own, have left little tiny holes.. Only three and small but I don't want the rest to do that to..

Oh big hug! I wish I could answer that. I don't know how long it could take....but the longer you mess with them the longer they will stick around. Deep breath and calm down. Stress will not make them go away faster. Don't blame yourself-how do you know that it was your fault? Talk to the Dr.'s nurse to put yourself and mind at ease. Ask about the OTC Hydrocream 1% and get some rest. Update and let us know!

I wouldn't put this on aggravated reacting skin. Let it calm down for a week or so.

Oh big hug! I wish I could answer that. I don't know how long it could take....but the longer you mess with them the longer they will stick around. Deep breath and calm down. Stress will not make them go away faster. Don't blame yourself-how do you know that it was your fault? Talk to the Dr.'s nurse to put yourself and mind at ease. Ask about the OTC Hydrocream 1% and get some rest. Update and let us know!

I wouldn't put this on aggravated reacting skin. Let it calm down for a week or so.

Hug- I'll try not to touch them. I blame myself for putting all these products on my face! It was acne scars and like one pimple I wanted to get rid of and now I have this. I took my skin for granted and now I'm full of these things. I learned my lesson about playing around with my skin. I didn't think anything would happen because It was never sensitive. I'm going to wait one week with just washing my face, and the pills and not touching and if that doesn't work I'll get that cream. I'll update alot and let you guys know how my skin is doing and if it's getting better. Just aslong as I'm not talking to myself on this post! smile.png I try to keep in mind that some people have it way worse and theirs are actually inflamed and red. At least mine aren't that visible in normal lighting, well most. I think. Is this considered mild acne? Mildy severe? What level is this considered?

Edited by chichijay

they seem like clogged pores and comedonal acne.. Please don't use soap on the face as soap is alkaline in nature and so it would irritate your acid mantle on face..

I agree with you in the point of waiting one week. If it is due to cosmetic, it should leave after a week or at most two.. Please just be patient!

I also suffered from it, in my case it was due to clogged pores by no washing regime.. Now, i currently use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser/ lactacyd (lactic acid)face wash by sanofi aventis and it is slowly gone.. Me too tried a lot of cosmetics, OTC products and home remedies but they actually worsen the condition. so please don't do much ...

For monocycline, i am afraid it would not cure the real problem but keep in mind about its side effects as antibiotics could really create new problems:reduced immune, kill friendly bacteria, and so on.. It could only cover the symptoms just for a period, so please be aware of it..

Use mild cleanser , not use any other products, drink a lot of water, reduce or omit sugar and oily food from your meal, avoid fast food and red meat, eat healthy, take vitamin C, do exercise ,and start taking green smoothie which is really good for you..

good luck..

they seem like clogged pores and comedonal acne.. Please don't use soap on the face as soap is alkaline in nature and so it would irritate your acid mantle on face..

I agree with you in the point of waiting one week. If it is due to cosmetic, it should leave after a week or at most two.. Please just be patient!

I also suffered from it, in my case it was due to clogged pores by no washing regime.. Now, i currently use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser/ lactacyd (lactic acid)face wash by sanofi aventis and it is slowly gone.. Me too tried a lot of cosmetics, OTC products and home remedies but they actually worsen the condition. so please don't do much ...

For monocycline, i am afraid it would not cure the real problem but keep in mind about its side effects as antibiotics could really create new problems:reduced immune, kill friendly bacteria, and so on.. It could only cover the symptoms just for a period, so please be aware of it..

Use mild cleanser , not use any other products, drink a lot of water, reduce or omit sugar and oily food from your meal, avoid fast food and red meat, eat healthy, take vitamin C, do exercise ,and start taking green smoothie which is really good for you..

good luck..

So I should use spectro jel? And thanks, you guys are very helpful and encouraging :) This is my worst break out ever and it's embarrassing. I don't think the soap will irritate it more because it is non-fraganced( Ivory soap) and my mom says it helps allergic reactions. I don't know, i think it won't irritate it. Should I go back to my clean and clear salicylic acid oil free continuous control acne wash? :$ So I guess you know how bad it makes one feel to have this on their face -_- But I do keep in mind that atleast I don't have cystic acne or what ever those big red things all over your face are called. It could be alot worse right?

Guest Timehealsall

what type of exfoliation did u do?

what type of exfoliation did u do?

What do you mean? I used St.Ives apricot black head and blemish control scrub :s I haven't touched it since.

Wash your face with water! If there is nothing on your perdy face(makeup) ! Let it rest. The hydrocortisone cream 1% I mentioned before is $2.00. Try it and and get some much needed ZENNNNnnnnn. (REST) When my face reacts like yours which it does from time to time-Rest. I want to so bad to add products and make it go away but sometimes in these situations NO products is the best solution. It will get better. Think positive.

Wash your face with water! If there is nothing on your perdy face(makeup) ! Let it rest. The hydrocortisone cream 1% I mentioned before is $2.00. Try it and and get some much needed ZENNNNnnnnn. (REST) When my face reacts like yours which it does from time to time-Rest. I want to so bad to add products and make it go away but sometimes in these situations NO products is the best solution. It will get better. Think positive.

Aw thanks, it's the weekend so I'll be getting plenty of sleep. I can't wear make-up anyways. :P I think i'm seeing a bit of progress on my cheeks, hopefully that's not my mind playing tricks on me.

I woke up and found that many are flattenned blackheads now, Idk if that's a good thing or bad thing. What do I do now? Also I have many brownish/redish acne scars on

Edited by chichijay

Could you post another pic of your progress? No touching,picking, and abrasive scrubs/lotions. Could they just be healing? Maybe they are just little dried up pimple scabs? Like the top of a pin (tiny) scabs? Post a pic.

Could you post another pic of your progress? No touching,picking, and abrasive scrubs/lotions. Could they just be healing? Maybe they are just little dried up pimple scabs? Like the top of a pin (tiny) scabs? Post a pic.

Sure, give me a few minutes. Ok, you tell me if it's better or worse :/ Also, you can't really see the blackheads but my chin has alot of scabby things to. But also I have acne scars.

So the first two pictures are from the same side as the other pictures (right cheek) and I never showed you guys my left side :$ So third picture is the left side..

http://s284.photobuc...111002-1127.jpg

click there cause i can't figure out how to attach it :St

This is closer to my right cheek to show you what i mean by scabby or blackheads.

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll17/jaslir/?action=view&current=IMG08608-20111002-1208.jpg

Edited by chichijay

That looks so much better. A lot of your raised bumps are almost gone! From what I can see and in zooming in they look like they are healing. Drying up like that so quickly in my opinion and past experiences looks like you were a tad to aggressive with cleanser and product switching. Which made your skin sensitive and reactive. Yay, for you. I would still give your skin a rest period. Just let it heal. You could use a very gentle moisturizer just to ensure healing and build your skins defenses back up. Even so, if your skin isn't too dry and feels comfortable-I would just leave it alone.

That looks so much better. A lot of your raised bumps are almost gone! From what I can see and in zooming in they look like they are healing. Drying up like that so quickly in my opinion and past experiences looks like you were a tad to aggressive with cleanser and product switching. Which made your skin sensitive and reactive. Yay, for you. I would still give your skin a rest period. Just let it heal. You could use a very gentle moisturizer just to ensure healing and build your skins defenses back up. Even so, if your skin isn't too dry and feels comfortable-I would just leave it alone.

Wow i guess my mind isnt playing tricks on me:P Maybe they'll be gone within a week or two. Hopefully they are healing but my concern is if they leave scars when they leave? I was to agressive with exfoliation and i've learned my lesson. I have a Nivea face moisturizer so i guess i'll use that. My chin is the worst area though. It's got many scars as tiny pimples as you can see, although i think it's gotten better from a week ago to. How long would scars take to heal? I'll keep updating and tell you guys my progress or show. You guys are very helpful and encouraging :) Had I not talked to you guys, I'd still be really sad and trying all sorts of things to get rid of these. But since i've let it rest, i've seen improvement. Thanks :) !

You're so welcome! I wouldn't be too concerned with scarring. If you did indeed have a reaction they should clear up all on there own. Unless you pick and poke at them all bets are off. Scars take a very long time heal and some in my case never quite go away. My biggest lesson learned was never to pop or pick a pimple. I had a mild pimple that I couldn't leave alone and turned into a whopper of a scar. Also my healing time seems to take forever. I am so fair complected that anything red shows up and sticks out so easily. Everyone's skin is different so I would rest and have no worries.

You're so welcome! I wouldn't be too concerned with scarring. If you did indeed have a reaction they should clear up all on there own. Unless you pick and poke at them all bets are off. Scars take a very long time heal and some in my case never quite go away. My biggest lesson learned was never to pop or pick a pimple. I had a mild pimple that I couldn't leave alone and turned into a whopper of a scar. Also my healing time seems to take forever. I am so fair complected that anything red shows up and sticks out so easily. Everyone's skin is different so I would rest and have no worries.

Lmao!! As you can see I'm pale so you can see EVERYTHINNNG! People are always poking at how white I am it's very annoying, but my brother who is naturally tanned skin(so jealous >.>) says I'm not pale at all. You can see my dark purple under eye circles clearly and acne scars cause of my white skin. That's why i freak out about scars and these things because it's so visible on my skin just like you. But now that my skin is clearing up I'm learning to love my white skin :) It looks good when it's clear, and I've always had a problem with my skin color because of the annoying comments, I am of Hispanic, so people expect me to be darker and all of my cousins have this nice bronzish color so I always felt left out but it's not that bad now. I have picked and poked at some on my chin and they left tiny scars but those will fade. Mine take long to fade but they do eventually fade and I found if you put lemon juice on them every night with a cotton ball they fade within two weeks. Things is i found tiny holes in my cheeks but their tiny so whatever. Two years ago my biggest problem spot was on my forehead, always got pimples there and now since last year, I never get pimples on my forehead. Only an occasional one sometimes and I have tiny bumps on my forehead but their not noticeable. I get an occasional one on my cheek to. Funny because two years ago my forehead was my worst spot on my face with all the pimples and my chin was my clearest and two years later my forehead is my clearest spot and my chin is my worst. I always get breakouts on my chin and I have no idea why. My moms side and dads side both have clear skin, so I'm waiting for the genes to kick in. Everyone pretty much has clear skin by grade 12, my brother had acne and in grade 12 no more, and I start grade 12 next year so won't be long. Now his skin is super clear and the good looking genes kicked in (he wasn't exactly good looking) now he is lmao! He's also in like third year of University though. Anyway, getting carried off the topic, he told me to wait for our family genes to kick in. Do genes have to do with acne?

Do genes have to do with acne? I think yes and no. You are more likely to experience acne if your parents had acne. Though, both of my parents had no acne-and as an adult I just started getting acne on the chin. It comes and goes in waves. I can be clear and then just like that have an outbreak. My acne is so stress related and right before my period. It's like clock work. But...then some months I get none. Grrr, frustrating. That is why for me relaxing and just go zen is the only way to go. I occupy my time with work, activities, and friends. Getting my mind off my preoccupation with acne is sometimes the best thing I can do. I also sometimes go a week with just washing my face with water and moisturizing with a light lotion. Allowing my skin to balance and breathe. Sounds kooky-but sometimes nothing works well for over-stressed skin like mine. Positive thoughts sent your way! I'm so happy it's getting better for you!

I kill time with friends, and such to. I think if you look at yourself in the mirror to much, your face will always have pimples. That`s what my mom says. I`ve found that letting my skin breathe with just a wash, actually really helps. Also, I`m trying to eat more yogurts and my diet has always been goon if you don`t count all the times I go out to eat with my friends haha. But I eat ALOTT of vegetables, especially cucumbers. I lovee cucumbers and broccoli :3 !