Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kevin8

Can't Take This Sh1T Anymore...worst Initial Breakout Ever (Huge Nodules Everywhere)

Hello,

So i am nearing the end of month 1(day 28) on accutane and my face is disgusting. I don't even know how to count how many nodules or cysts i have. My whole face hurts like hell even when i don't touch it. I have so many huge nodules on my forehead, jawline, around my mouth, and cheek bones. I seriously don't want to go out at all, but that's not an option because i'm in college. It hurts so much when i wash my face and dry my face. I've been using emu oil since week 1 because i heard it helps the initial breakout, but it hasn't done anything...I even asked for prednisone and my derm said no i don't need it and it has side effects and what not.

My question for you guys is when will my face start drying out and stop forming these painful nodules everywhere? Also what can I ask my derm for when i see him for my 1 month check up this Friday?

I really doubt that most of you have had as bad as an initial breakout as me, but any advice would help. I've probably seen all of the accutane logs on youtube and I havn't seen many people at all with huge irregularly shaped nodules like mine everywhere. People usually only have it in one area.

Sorry for ranting, but if anyone has experienced similar IB's, please help!!!

Thank you

My IB was the same way, my face got 10 times worse then it was before i even started. I cant really say anything but just stick it out because it will get better. One thing that actually works really well for me is the moisturizer that i use has vitamen E in it which speeds up the heeling process and later on makes the acne less noticable so you may want to try something like that.

What type of moisturizer do you use zach? My derm told me to use Cerave PM at night and Cerave AM in the morning, but i rarely use the AM because i'm not in the sun much because i try to stay in. It also feels weird when i put moisturizer on a huge painful nodule because i feel like i need something to dry it out instead of moisturizing it.

Thank you!

I can relate, people thought I had chicken pox during my IB :/. It's a shitty time...all I can say is moisturize alot and just know that it WILL get better. And cleanse ur face with a cleanser a maximum of once per day if at all

I had the EXACT same thing happen. I couldn't even eat solid food cuz i couldn't open my mouth wide enough, i felt so hopeless. I'm just at the end of my second month and I still have a cyst on the side of my cheek, but for the most part it has flattened out a lot! Your probably going to start scabbing soon. But DONT touch it! Just promise you wont cuz it will scar and not the "red but will eventually fade" but "the deep indented needs to be surgically removed, or laser/ chemical peeled off" scars. My derm put me on prednisone and I don't know if its been just the accutane helping or if the prednisone helped too. Also she prescribed me this cream that I'm suppose to put right in the opening of my nose, weird i know right? I asked her about it and she said while on accutane some kind of fungus can grow in your nose and cause the full face of cysts. Sounds weird to me but ever since she prescribed all these its gotten better. Whats your dosage?

Hang in there:)