Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SO basically, my skin is absolutely terrible right now errr.gif So I have decided to go on the paleo diet.

I am cutting out:

beans

grains

dairy

eggs

meat

soda

fast/processed foods

gluten.

sugar

I was already a vegetarian to begin with, so thats why I'm cutting out meat. My new diet( starting tomorrow) will consist of- vegetables, fruit(mainly berries and apples), few nuts, water, and tea. Im also contemplating if I should take a multivitamin and fish oil as well.

Does anyone know any kind of tea that may help acne( I was thinking spearmint) or have any other suggestions/things that have worked for you. And Im not totally sure whether or not i should cut out fish and eggs? And what about rice?

Oh and I am cutting out all medicated acne treatment/washes and am only gonna wash my face with water.

Im also going to be working out for 30 minutes a day.

health kick here I come! ;D

I would very much appreciate your opinions and suggestions

fingers crossed!! banana.gif

Ill let yall know in a week how this diet is working out.

-Scarlett catdance.gif I love that dancing cat ^_^

Edited by scarlettlevittxoxo

I don't suggest going on a diet at all... You will ruin your body that day, you won't be getting enough nutrients to function properly. Diets have very little effect on acne.. Unless your drinking like 5 glasses of milk per day. Why don't you check with a derm and see what they can do for you? I went to the derm and I'm on Accutane right now and I couldn't be happier. Maybe you should consider of trying accutane if your skin is really that bad. But seriously.. cutting out all those foods are just ridiculous, If you want to be healthy, exercise everyday, cut out the junk / beer or soda off and if you're drinking too much milk, tone it down to one glass per day. Eggs has very little effect on acne too.. basically things like SOY, MILK, GRAPEFRUIT, or PROTEIN POWDER ( I don't think you take that haha ) all have hormones in them which causes hormone inbalance which leads to acne. So if you tone those foods down you might see an improvement. Seriously don't cut off the grains and wheat.

* edit * If you really do decide to go on the diet, your skin might actually become worse. But you can always experiment because everyone's different.

Edited by ihatemynose

I don't suggest going on a diet at all... You will ruin your body that day, you won't be getting enough nutrients to function properly. Diets have very little effect on acne.. Unless your drinking like 5 glasses of milk per day. Why don't you check with a derm and see what they can do for you? I went to the derm and I'm on Accutane right now and I couldn't be happier. Maybe you should consider of trying accutane if your skin is really that bad. But seriously.. cutting out all those foods are just ridiculous, If you want to be healthy, exercise everyday, cut out the junk / beer or soda off and if you're drinking too much milk, tone it down to one glass per day. Eggs has very little effect on acne too.. basically things like SOY, MILK, GRAPEFRUIT, or PROTEIN POWDER ( I don't think you take that haha ) all have hormones in them which causes hormone inbalance which leads to acne. So if you tone those foods down you might see an improvement. Seriously don't cut off the grains and wheat.

* edit * If you really do decide to go on the diet, your skin might actually become worse. But you can always experiment because everyone's different.

Wow. I've never before seen a post in which pretty nearly every sentence is wrong. The soy and milk hormone bit is sort of correct. That's about it.

Wow. I've never before seen a post in which pretty nearly every sentence is wrong. The soy and milk hormone bit is sort of correct. That's about it.

I sure hope your not talking about me.. :/

I sure hope your not talking about me.. :/

Of course not. However, why do you want to cut out eggs and fish? If you are going to eat so few foods that are a good source of protein, you need to eat a lot of food to get enough.