Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
themagicguy

Dans Moisturizer, Does It Provide A Matte Finish?

I mix a lot of jojoba oil into Dan's moisturiser so for the first hour my skin is definitely shiny, but after an hour or so, its matte. I have extremely dry skin though and personally, I wish I could keep the shiny look all day. I'm envious of people with oily skin...looks so healthy.

Without the jojoba oil, I would say that his moisturiser is a matte finish.

Ok thankyou, just wondering also if you know what name appears on the credit card statement when purchasing is it acne.org or will I see a different name?

I'm in Australia, are you? I think they took 5 working days from memory.......

My turn for a question grinwink.gif Have you been doing Dan's regimen using other products? I started with cetaphil but hated it....Dan's products are so much better, well I think so anyway. I've got a blog going that tells of my progress, but I warn you....I waffle quite a lot but you can scan through to the acne related parts...haha.

haha I will have a look! And ive been using exposed skin kit, reasonable results but not the best. 5 days is very quick too. I was really keen to buy the regimen until i saw shipping prices where $50. I think thats very unreasonable considering shipping is more than the actual products themselves.

Yes I agree, the postage cost is huge, but I'm still glad I ordered it though. I'm not sure I would have continued with the regimen using cetaphil and benzac....it was too gloopy on my face. Yes, gloopy rolleyes.gif

It depends on your skin type that what type of skin you have,if you have oily skin than it will definitely give you shiny look..But if you have dry skin than at starting few hours it makes your skin bit shiny and than after it gives you matte look...

I mix a lot of jojoba oil into Dan's moisturiser so for the first hour my skin is definitely shiny, but after an hour or so, its matte. I have extremely dry skin though and personally, I wish I could keep the shiny look all day. I'm envious of people with oily skin...looks so healthy.

Without the jojoba oil, I would say that his moisturiser is a matte finish.

haha im like the opposite of you... im using a teeny bit and my skin looks good until the middle of the day. im jealous of people with perfectly balanced skin :)

During the day I use Olay SPF 15 over the moisturizer (to protect my skin), and that reallyyyy makes my skin look matte...id highly recommend it.

How strange that we are so different. I wear Olay SPF over the top of the moisturiser and it makes me look really really shiny (which I love).

It just so happens that I have a bottle handy in my drawer at work. Let me go and consult it.... ;p

I use Olay Complete Defence daily UV moisturing lotion SPF 30+. Oh, so its different to yours...makes sense now. I really like it though, but i put it over the top of two layers of dans moisturiser (about 1.5 pumps) so I dont necesarily use it as a moisturiser, I use it mainly for the SPF.

Do you like the formula you use?

Thinking of buying dans regimen, but want to know if my skin will look shiny or matte??

I have very oily skin. I use two to three pumps of the moisturizer and about 5 drops of jojoba oil total. If I leave it like that I get really oily and my skin will start to feel gross after a few hours. I have to add my SPF that is a Mattifier. I use the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier with SPF 15.

If I'm having a lazy day and I know that I'm not going to be out in the sun (Night shift at work) I will just use the AHA+ as my moisturizer and that works just fine for me. I'll me matte for the whole night. Hope that helps a little.

p.s...took 2 days for my stuff to arrive to Texas, plus I pay more for that option. =p

It just so happens that I have a bottle handy in my drawer at work. Let me go and consult it.... ;p

I use Olay Complete Defence daily UV moisturing lotion SPF 30+. Oh, so its different to yours...makes sense now. I really like it though, but i put it over the top of two layers of dans moisturiser (about 1.5 pumps) so I dont necesarily use it as a moisturiser, I use it mainly for the SPF.

Do you like the formula you use?

Yeah I love it! I use it as an SPF over Dan's moisturizer also, like I said, it really seems to give me a good matte type look. Also, I like that it has antioxidants in it