Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i pop any zitt that i possibly can and most of them squirt onto the mirror lol ... i have moderate acne and when i pop them it seems to me they heal faster when it do.. i do have some scaring but mostly just tiny ice pick scars that dont really bother me... i had crater scars for a while but they just seemed to vanish.... my most noticble scare on my cheek is actually a chicken pox scar >.< but then again i have had surgery and my doctors have told me that i am a really fast healer,

Edited by acidchild

yeah prob is that when we pick we spread the bacteria and more zits form, sad i know, i too have a prob with this :/

take note after picking usually ull find a day or 2 later more zits appear, so the whole aim is clearing them and picking is def gonna make matters worse ( speak from experience )

i feel like it isnt bacteria for some reason that causes it... ive had sever cuts and bad burns and never gotten an infection before, never had strep throat, never had anything that required antibiotics.. i dont really clean and disinfect cuts and scrapes like most people do... i was kinda a late bloomer. im 20 and feel like im not fully done with puberty yet. i think my acne is caused by where i grow facial hair and when i shave it. like i get acne where i pluck my unibrow. i get acne on the spots where i shave. no matter how shave it... idk wtf is going on .

probably hyperkeratinization, which is think is how a lot of acne is formed

Hyperkeratinization is a disorder of the cells lining the inside of a hair follicle. It is the normal function of these cells to detach or slough off (desquamate) from the skin lining at normal intervals. The dead cells are then forced out of the follicle (primarily by the growing hair). However, in hyperkeratinization, this process is interrupted and a number of these dead skin cells do not leave the follicle because of an excess of keratin, a natural protein found in the skin. This excess of keratin, which is influenced by genetics, results in an increased adherence/bonding of dead skin cells together. This cohesion of cells will block or "cap" the hair follicle (leading to keratosis pilaris) or clog the sebaceous/oil duct (leading to acne). Pathogens may also play a role in causing, perpetuating, or simply taking advantage of this phenomenon, such as virulent sub-strains of Propionibacterium acnes and irregular migration of Staphylococcus epidermidis from the outer surface of the skin into the follicle, where commensal strains of P. acnes exclusively habitate