Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RicFlair

Diet Change After Accutane Theraphy

First of all i want to excuse myself for my not so good English :)

Last Year i went on an Accutane Theraphy with 20 mg per tablet for a period of 7 Months. In this time my skin was perfect and i was also able to eat what i want without getting a bad breakout. Although i was still getting some pimples now and then but no comparaison to what it was like before.

So this therphy was last year and i took my last tablet at the end of december 2010 which means that i´m now off my accutane theraphy since 9 months.

Today i get still pimples but not as bad as before the theraphy. But my biggest problem are the side effects of this accutane theraphy i was on. I was getting eczema a few months ago, in march, april, i don´t remember exactly. First it started on my front neck and then i also got it on the arms and on the eyelids. The eczema on my eyelids has disappeared since a few months but i´m still fighting against the eczema on my neck and arms. On top of that, my skin on my forehead is very sensitive and when i spend too much time in the sun it gets really red and inflamed.

So i´ve decided to change my diet because i´m sure it depends on what i am eating. There are days where the eczema isn´t as red as on other days and there are days where i´m getting a lot more pimples. Like two years ago i changed my diet already which means that i cut out most of the sugar like in chips, sweets ... but i have read a lot of this topic and i´m sure i can improve my diet alot more than that.

My normal eating plan is like:

Morning: bread with butter

Midday: it varies but mostly potatoes, pasta or rice with some kind of meat (it varies) and sometimes with vegetables. Also spaghetti bolognese, macaroni, pancakes, soup, french fries, fish and so far.

Evening: bread with butter, 1 banana, grapes

I drink a minimum of 2 litres a day with a lot of calcium, magnesium.

I have though that i would cut out dairy products and gluten completely and also most of deep-fried foods. As an alternative for the bread i would choose rice cakes of the wholefood shop. So i would mainly eat potatoes, rice, rice cakes, vegetables, fruits, soup, meat and fish.

My goal is to get rid of my eczema on the neck and arms and to avoid pimples.

I hope this ist the right way but i am thankfull of your comments and experiences with a diet change ;)

My normal eating plan is like:

Morning: bread with butter

Midday: it varies but mostly potatoes, pasta or rice with some kind of meat (it varies) and sometimes with vegetables. Also spaghetti bolognese, macaroni, pancakes, soup, french fries, fish and so far.

Evening: bread with butter, 1 banana, grapes

I drink a minimum of 2 litres a day with a lot of calcium, magnesium.

I have though that i would cut out dairy products and gluten completely and also most of deep-fried foods. As an alternative for the bread i would choose rice cakes of the wholefood shop. So i would mainly eat potatoes, rice, rice cakes, vegetables, fruits, soup, meat and fish.

My goal is to get rid of my eczema on the neck and arms and to avoid pimples.

I hope this ist the right way but i am thankfull of your comments and experiences with a diet change wink.png

I'd skip the rice cakes too. Don't go looking for a bread substitute in a shop, there really isn't a good one other than maybe Indian Idlis which are muffins made of fermented lentils and spices so have quite a lot of nutritional value while being pretty harmless. Or pancakes made with coconut. Replace the potatoes with sweet potatoes which are great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And have lots of colorful vegetables. Drizzle a little olive or coconut oil on your veggies. And have eggs from pastured chickens. Check out the Green smoothie thread. There are recipes and links to good threads like the Green Smoothie thread in the pinned Food and recipe thread.

Good Luck.

Alright thanks for your answer but i have a few questions:

Why should i skip the rice cakes? And is rice in general a bad thing to eat?

Don´t sweet potatoes contain a lot of sugar?

Well, i´ve read a bit in the pined threads and i have to say that they are really informative and contain a lot of good tips ;)