Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allrighty

Spent Over $1000 On Microdermabrasion/ipl... It Doesnt Work!

I have spent over $1000 on IPL and microdermabrasion and today FINALLY realized that Ive been done! AND ripped off... I said to the lady who has been doing these treatments to me, I dont think the Photo rejuv/ ipl is working for the large pores on my nose, Ive been getting it done for 4 months.... and she was like oooh okay so maybe we need to try something else....

How can these people get away with ripping acne sufferers off!?!?!?!?!?

More fool me I suppose.

I disagree! Microderms might not have a strong effect on current active acne, but for scarring and red marks, microderms are well worth the price! It's a science though, you should get your microderms within 3-5 weeks of each other, once a month if you're on a budget. Microderms also take time to show long-term results. With continued microderms your skin will continue to produce collagen to fill in pitted acne scars and fade red marks.

Don't be too discouraged! It can be a wonderful post-breakout treatment for continued healthy skin.

I have used the micro and IPl for almost ayear now and it has actually made the pores on my nose WORSE.... I wouldnt recommend either procedures....waste of time and money. I know others who have wasted money on Mocro as well.

Hey, not sure if you're still reading this particular post, but have you thought about maybe doing a fractional co2 laser?

I think in terms of getting rid of blackheads/blackhead scars it's a step up from both microdermabrasion and IPL.

Just a thought...

I did my first Laser Genesis this week, I have another one in 2 months time, no results as yet.

Any thoughts on the laser genesis procedure so far? Any luck with it?

Umm Ive not noticed results. Skins still same. I dont have alot of acne, more pores, blackheads and whiteheads. I am using undiluted Tea Tree Oil atm, its very strong, dries the hell outta my ski but kills the acne in a few days.