Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atb2120

Using Retin A Micro With Clinique Acne Solutions?

Hi everyone, last week my derm prescribed me 100mg minocycline along with retin a micro and acanya as a spot treatment. I asked her if whether I should quit using my Clinique Acne Solutions products. The toner and face wash both contain salilycilc acid. The moisturizer has benzoyl peroxide in it, but i stopped using that. She said that I can keep using the acne solutions products.

Lately, my skin has been getting these red dry, flaky patches. Could if be from using both retin a micro and the s. acid at the same time? Everytime I apply the toner, my face burns like hell! I'm not sure what to do right now...should I quit using the products with s. acid?

Guest Leajer424

it's prob the fact that the toner has alcohol. try cutting that out, or adding a gentle lotion to moisturize

i used retin-a for years...if you use anything else with it, try to use something mild. it takes time for your skin to 'get used' to the retin-a too

Edited by Leajer424