Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sainoren

Water Only Regimen Log.

Well, it's my first post and i'm definitely not going to be doing things by halves. I'm 21 and i've been suffering with acne for around 3-4 years. I had the odd pimple when i was younger but nothing to worry about.

These days though it's having a rather significant impact on how i act, sounds silly because it's rather mild but I seem to blow things out of proportion somewhat. I've tried numerous things for my acne, all topical including BP. I went to a GP at one point but he literally told me to go home and carry on using topical, i thing he laughed at the fact I wanted to be referred to a derm.

I've been a lurker on the forum for a while, never posting but getting ideas and whatnot. I've done b5, zinc and drank green tea by the bucket load. I've also cut caffeine out of my diet completely. Nothing at all seems to help for any extended period of time.

I've been on 2.5% bp for around 6-7 months now and my face is still raw, embarrassing red at times. I was at the gym this morning and after doing a set of flat-benching I looked like a big red balloon. The flakes are disgusting also and i cannot seem to get rid of them.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread. I'm going to start a water only regimen, and show you pics daily, seeing how it pans out. I'm going completely cold turkey off all the products i'm using so I'm going to expect a breakout. I'll be rinsing my face two days a day, in the morning and at night. No cleanser, no moisturizer, no treatment and no toner.

I'll stick a couple of photos on how i looked when relatively clear, years ago, and my skin today looking extremely irritated. I'll be starting tonight.

post-158718-0-28973500-1317036149_thumb.

post-158718-0-98194600-1317036158_thumb.

post-158718-0-82710200-1317036162_thumb.

post-158718-0-28973500-1317036149_thumb.

post-158718-0-98194600-1317036158_thumb.

post-158718-0-82710200-1317036162_thumb.

Hi,

will be interesting to see how this works out for you. I only use water when washing my face, I've completely cut out the cleanser but I still use treatment and moisturiser.

Good luck.

In the first photo it doesn't look like you suffer from acne at all and in the second and third I can see the irritation from BP and the odd small spot but your face still looks fine. I can see why your GP laughed (that's a good thing). I dont think your problem is acne but more a lack of confidence. You look fine (no homo!) so personally I think you're better off focusing on improving your confidence with dating material, self help books and continuing to work out. :)

Out of curiosity, how much of the BP were you using? I found that only one pump was more than enough to clear my skin and (so far) keep it that way.