Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AbyBar

Need Feedback Asap

Ok so I'm really tired and depressed over these breakouts on my cheeks. Both my right and left are equally infested with a few cysts and red bumps and some scarring. I went to the derm a week ago and got prescribed some oral antibiotics and topical creams . Before my breakouts were under control then suddenly I ran out of proactive and starting using neutrogena cleansers with my clarisonic which gave me some terrible pimples on both of my cheeks. So now I don't know what to do. My idea was to try the medications my derm prescribed me on my right cheek and use proactive on my left cheek to see which one gives me better results . Is it a bad or good idea? I dislike touching my face with my hands when cleansing because I get sad when I feel the bumps on my cheeks. I honestly

Feel like my skin will never be clear again . Any suggestions.

Ps. And I have these whiteheads on my cheeks as well. That get on my nerves as well.

I have a clarisonic and i do like it but maybe to only use 2 times a week. Ive also tried pro-activ and it did work but was have found better results with the system i have created for myself through trial and error. I love the clarisonic because i too do not like the feeling of toucing the bumps with my bar hands but i think it was a little to harsh to use everyday. Since u like the pro-activ why dont u try neutrogena clear pore cleanser. It has the same amount of bp as pro-activ. Ive tried this with my clarisonic and have found it better to use with my bare hands. The white heads u r getting may also be a direct result from the pro-activ toner which has gylcolic acid. How often r u using the clarisonic? Also r u using the pro-activ system 2times a day along with the clarisonic?

Well I was using the clarisonic with a facial wash twice a day and it did aggravate my skin and made me brake out badly. I think it even bruised my skin. I didnt use the proactive with the clarisonic because it seems to me that the proactive had tiny exfoliating beads. Anyhow I stopped using the clarisonic for a week now due to the sudden breakout it gave me. Went to the derm and she diagnosed me with cysts. Which I never had before . Now I'm just thinking of sticking with the proactive and aloe Vera for

Moisturizing . And the whiteheads are barely noticeable unless your right I'n front of my face. I'm starting to think nothing will help. And thanks for the neutrogena advice . I'll look into it and do some research before I use any harsh products again .

Oh and btw I use the proactive twice a day. Morning and night . Just started using 2 days ago.

Usually the stuff your doctor gives you is more powerful than what you can buy OTC.I'd stick to what your doctor told you to do and give it some time. It usually takes like a month for the topicals to really work or show results. What topical did he prescribe you?

For the morning a topical cream clindamycin phosphate, then an oral pill 120mg and for night a cream Differin. My skin just got real irritated that when I put any cream on it burns and leaves my skin red and flaky .

I have taken the oral pill for almost two weeks now, but I stopped using the other creams since my skin is really irritated at the moment .