Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil And Tea Tree Oil

MemberMember
(@jward2090)

Posted : 09/25/2011 5:02 pm

I just placed my order for some Jojoba Oil they advertise on this site.. my question is..

I also have some tea tree oil, is it a good idea to get some TTO on a cotton ball then put 6 drops of jojoba oil on top of that? Or am I just wasting my money and time?

I have been using diluted TTO for about a month and it's working okay but I need to add something in to help more with controlling oil throughout a long work day. Oily skin is the only reason I'm still breaking out!

Will the two oils repel each other and not work or will they work in harmony and give me the clear skin I'm seeking?!

Thanks.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2011 6:30 pm

honestly, i have no idea wether this method would help u anyhow, but i guess nothing special would happen unless u have very mild acne?

personally right now i think the best acne prevention is good diet and cleanse? (altho i been using tto pretty long now, im not suuure anyway, i just use it as spot treatment on very nasty and big ones to dry them sooner, but never all over face) anyway cleanse so theres not too much bacteria build up on surface and eat as well as u can, so that its not aggravated more from inside (also remember as possible less stress and good sleep is important), also might exfoliate sometimes if u flake alot. also moisturise bcs in moisturised skin everythings working better, is what i think. and idk if theres much more u could do, masks, products remedies blah blah, yeah sure try them but IMHO afterall mostly it depends on how long ur programmed to have acne? and until u grow out of it ur just managing it. but hey dont listen to me and keep reading this sites info and make your own opinion, im not the most knowledgable person around and everyones individual case too..

alsoo might try aloe vera gel if ur not blood 0

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 09/25/2011 6:42 pm

I recently started using Manuka honey as a cleanser and I™ve been mixing Jojoba and Tea Tree into that. Just a few drops of Tea Tree and a small amount of Jojoba. The two seem to incorporate well into the honey and it all mixes together, I™ve had no problems there. Even with the Jojoba on there, I can still feel the Tea Tree on the skin because there™s always a sensation when I apply it. In that respect, I don™t think the Jojoba creates a barrier which stops the Tea Tree from getting through to the skin and doing its thing. And I™ve found that the Jojoba moisturises well without clogging my pores, which is a bonus. smile.png

MemberMember
(@richardgleaton)

Posted : 10/01/2011 3:36 am

Jajoba oil is good for hair...It protect hair from damage and fall...Well Just like our skin, the scalp also needs to be moisturized,for healthy skin and hair, Jojoba Oil is found to be an ideal moisturizer and conditioner.....

MemberMember
(@hugoll12)

Posted : 01/30/2012 12:22 pm

what do you think of this moisturizer

aloe natural gel, around 25 drops of essencial lavender, tea tree and eucalyptus oil and a bit of water

MemberMember
(@acnemonitor)

Posted : 10/13/2014 7:56 am

Will something like argan oil work or does it have to be jojoba?

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 10/15/2014 3:16 am

I recently started using Manuka honey as a cleanser and I™ve been mixing Jojoba and Tea Tree into that. Just a few drops of Tea Tree and a small amount of Jojoba. The two seem to incorporate well into the honey and it all mixes together, I™ve had no problems there. Even with the Jojoba on there, I can still feel the Tea Tree on the skin because there™s always a sensation when I apply it. In that respect, I don™t think the Jojoba creates a barrier which stops the Tea Tree from getting through to the skin and doing its thing. And I™ve found that the Jojoba moisturises well without clogging my pores, which is a bonus. smile.png

I've been using Manuka honey cream and it works well on acne and acne scar. It really did so well on my face and I use Manuka honey with UMF or unique manuka factor and made only in New Zealand.

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 11/02/2014 11:56 pm

Apply jojoba oil to the skin to get the best benefits in treating acne. Sometimes, jojoba oil is combined with tea tree oil for a more effective treatment. To mix both oils, take 1 teaspoonful of jojoba oil and mix with 5 drops of tea tree oil. Store the mixture in a sealed, glass container in the refrigerator until use.

MemberMember
(@tammywammy)

Posted : 06/17/2016 11:32 am

Oils mix together well so it is OK to use tea tree oil with jojoba oil. It certainly is worth a try.

I bought a blend acne treatment with jojoba, tea tree, lavender and manuka and it worked great for me.