Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jcsupastar

Weird Pimple..? (Pics Inside)

Soooo, about a week ago i got this thing on my cheek. it started out SLIGHTLY swollen, but then after one night (apply epiduo daily) it got flat and the skin on top of it kept getting killed. it doesn't hurt, is flat, but just very red. I'm extremely confused as to what this is.

No head, no puss, just a red spot, and when epiduo is applied the it becomes dry and the skin flakes off.

Not a good pic, but just to get you guys an idea of it

post-151923-0-71929600-1316979880.png

post-151923-0-71929600-1316979880.png

Edited by jcsupastar

I think it might be nodular acne or cystic acne.

Sometimes it looks and feels like just a tiny flat-looking bump beneath the skin. But usually, it is waiting to flare up without any pus inside. I think it is better to leave it alone...because it usually goes away after the swollen stage is over. At least that's how it worked for mine.

Good luck man...

I second that you should leave it alone. If it really bothers you can apply ice for 5-10 minutes once or twice a day, make sure no longer. Just keep with your regular regimen.

Thanks guys, glad to see I'm not the only one that gets these. I used to get them on my temples but haven't got one of those in a while (crosses fingers). I"ll just stick to my normal regimen and leave it alone. @happy24, that's exactly how the ones on my temple used to get, just red and once the swollen stage was over it just took a while to heal. I'll keep you guys updated