Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amy91

Oily Skin Regimen

How many time should I wash my face? It gets oily every 2 hours. I wash it 3 times a day, but during night my skin produces TOO much oil and I get clogged pores ( even tho I dont wear makeup).

I've read that overwashing is not good for oily skin, cuz it makes ur skin to produce even more oil. So I guess 2-3 a day is enough. I wash my face 3 times a day:morning, as I get home after college and before sleeping. But it's still oily during the day.eusa_think.gif

Edited by Natashagirl

I've read that overwashing is not good for oily skin, cuz it makes ur skin to produce even more oil.

Nope. How much oil (sebum) your skin makes has nothing to do with how much you wash it.

i wash my face 2 times a day. i use to wash my face 3 times a day since i also have oily skin but stopped. what products do u use on your face? what you can also maybe try is a mask every week to help absorb some of the oil.

Guest GoHorns

Aztec Secret Indian Healing clay mixed with ACV once a week or two weeks, but I use peppermint soap now and it has helped a lot as well as Peppermint shampoo. I sometimes switch it out with a tea tree oil soap.

I've used tea tree oil soap before that works very well do that three times a day but lately I can't find that soap. My face is still oily I'm using a cheaper soap which is just a normal wash soap and its not helping me much.

I think you should try Defensesoap for this problem. *Moderator edit - No soliciting, read the board rules. You can share your information on the boards, so everyone benefits*

If you have a oily skin you need to wash it at lest twice a day. With oily skin or dry skin it is ok if we wash our face just one time, but for oily skin it can cause many skin prblems, e.g. Acne.