Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No more complaining, crying, wishing, or hating on people with perfect skin, i've just learned to accept that i have acne and probably will for the rest of my life, till menopause, and but there's no way i'm gonna wait till then to start managing my skin, so, basically i do the best i can, by which i mean getting quality products and treating my skin myself instead of depending on derms or doctors, who mostly dont care or dont know what it feels like to have the condition. I have my own microdermabrassion machine that i use, i have an ultrasound machine, led lights, hot and cold hammer, electro frequency machine, you name it, i've got it and all of these cost a lot at the spa and i've been doing a pretty good job so far. So...i dont care anymore that i have this condition, because i know i'm still pretty, with or without it...some people need need perfect skin to be pretty, well.... i dont! (not to sound full of myself)... i own my skin and will do as much as i can to keep it clear....because all the crying , wishing or whatever wont do anything...so take control!!

Anyone that wants more info on the stuff i use to control my acne can private message me...can share pics of my current skin state

Edited by prissy21

Good for you. I'm pleased to hear you can accept it. :)

I agree with Amy in the respect that accepting it would feel as though I was giving up. Personally, I don't want to accept it because I'm simply not strong enough in my mind to ignore it, and sometimes I really don't have enough self esteem to believe that people see more to me than just acne. I'm getting help with that side of things, but it's a pretty long road. I'm sure the journey towards finding confidence and liking myself would be made so much easier if I could clear my acne. Even if that wasn't the case, I really do not want this for the most of my adult life. I've already done thirteen years and I've hated every single one of them because of this. That's more than enough and I don't wish to lose any more. On that basis, I refuse to accept it.

Good for you. I'm pleased to hear you can accept it. smile.png

I agree with Amy in the respect that accepting it would feel as though I was giving up. Personally, I don't want to accept it because I'm simply not strong enough in my mind to ignore it, and sometimes I really don't have enough self esteem to believe that people see more to me than just acne. I'm getting help with that side of things, but it's a pretty long road. I'm sure the journey towards finding confidence and liking myself would be made so much easier if I could clear my acne. Even if that wasn't the case, I really do not want this for the most of my adult life. I've already done thirteen years and I've hated every single one of them because of this. That's more than enough and I don't wish to lose any more. On that basis, I refuse to accept it.

Same here!!!

Good for you. I'm pleased to hear you can accept it. smile.png

nah, i don't see it as giving up... accepting it, to me basically motivates me to treat and subdue it as much as i can because i know i'll still have it years ahead, and since there's no cure for it right now,( not even accutane cause it comes back sooner or later).... might as well take it as it comes

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but I genuinely am glad that you can find it within yourself to take it as it comes, treat it, and carry on.

To be honest, the thought of having having acne for years and years more because it's lasted into adulthood just makes me want to cry. I wish I knew how just let it be but I can't get past it. Most of my experiences around people when the subject of my acne has been raised have been negative. Whether it be through my school years, on dates or in work, the bad experiences outweigh the good. That's why it bothers me so much.

There are people who tell me that I have plenty of good qualities and a number of people here have told me that, but I just struggle to really believe it and believe in myself. I pretty see the acne as a physical manifestation of how I see myself and I can't see the true person behind it. It's been so long, I can't remember even being that person. In that respect, where identity is concerned, I don't feel I have one and don't really feel I could create one until I'm clear. To treat it and just keep going doesn't seem enough, I feel like it has to end.

There may well be people who would say the same as me and there may well be people who tell me that's a stupid way to think. Either way, it's how I feel.  Perhaps it sounds depressing but I am happy in a way that I've managed to break it down and work out why I feel the way I do. I'm working on those things and getting help with it, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

As far as my skin is concerned, I feel like Accutane's actually my next step. The results I have seen in the logs people post here are usually amazing and so many people get to the end and say they feel they have their life back. I want that, too. At this point, having tried almost all other medication my doctor cares to think of, Accutane is the last option. At this point, I don't really have anything to lose.

:)

Edited by PaulH85

No more complaining, crying, wishing, or hating on people with perfect skin, i've just learned to accept that i have acne and probably will for the rest of my life, till menopause, and but there's no way i'm gonna wait till then to start managing my skin, so, basically i do the best i can, by which i mean getting quality products and treating my skin myself instead of depending on derms or doctors, who mostly dont care or dont know what it feels like to have the condition. I have my own microdermabrassion machine that i use, i have an ultrasound machine, led lights, hot and cold hammer, electro frequency machine, you name it, i've got it and all of these cost a lot at the spa and i've been doing a pretty good job so far. So...i dont care anymore that i have this condition, because i know i'm still pretty, with or without it...some people need need perfect skin to be pretty, well.... i dont! (not to sound full of myself)... i own my skin and will do as much as i can to keep it clear....because all the crying , wishing or whatever wont do anything...so take control!!

Anyone that wants more info on the stuff i use to control my acne can private message me...can share pics of my current skin state

heres my experience with this as i did the same thing before. i figured one day that i was done with everything and that i was just going to accept acne and that was it. for that time period actually i was a pretty happy dude, i didnt care about it or anything. however, after about 6 months of having little to no acne, i started to break out again (this was at age 17) and then i was depressed about it again. idk it might work for you now, i am 100% clear and if i still had it i would probably be with you on this one

Edited by freeliving

maybe you guys are missing my point, by accepting it, i dont mean not caring for your skin...i still take very good care of my skin, like i said, i used a microdermabrassion once a week, i do ultrasounds twice a week, hot and cold hammer, 7 photo lead lights, high frequency treatment, micro current treatment, you name it....by accepting it, basically it helps me cope with it when i do break out because just cause my skin clears for a few weeks, i dont forget that i'll eventually break out again, so when i do break out, i'm not suprised or bawling my eyes out cause i know it's a vicious cycle. I just go...oh wow, a break out....well...time to treat it...the treatments usually helps the break outs heal within a few days...so accepting it does not mean not caring....it doent mean being negative either, it's just being realistic, and being vigilant that even though it's clearing, chances are, it might come back a little or in some cases worse...till hopefully one day, fully out growing it...hopefully.

My thoughts exacty. I'm learning to accept it too. I've had acne 3 years and it's showing no signs of stopping (active acne) or going away (exisiting acne; red marks and PIH) anytime soon. It's just a part of my life and probably will be for a long while; maybe the rest of my life. The sad part is only 20 % of the people in the world (2 out of 10) have acne. The other 80 % (8 out of 10) can go on with their perfect lives with their perfect skin. Whatever, though. It is what it is. Evidentally, God just doesn't like us for some reason and he gave us something that can destroy you mentally, emotionally, and physically : ACNE.

My thoughts exacty. I'm learning to accept it too. I've had acne 3 years and it's showing no signs of stopping (active acne) or going away (exisiting acne; red marks and PIH) anytime soon. It's just a part of my life and probably will be for a long while; maybe the rest of my life. The sad part is only 20 % of the people in the world (2 out of 10) have acne. The other 80 % (8 out of 10) can go on with their perfect lives with their perfect skin. Whatever, though. It is what it is. Evidentally, God just doesn't like us for some reason and he gave us something that can destroy you mentally, emotionally, and physically : ACNE.

errr noooo.... NEVER think that way...by which i mean your statement about God not.... it has nothing to do with GOD.... it's just nature, which i guess is made by God, but...i'd choose acne over other diseases any time...and i'm sure you can think of more than 10 diseases that are way worse than acne. People with perfect skin, no matter what, are just like with my weight, i can eat whatever i want and not gain weight..., so just try to treat it the best you can and not get cocky when you're clear, cause chances are it'll come back lol, just be vigilant

I used to cry over zits.....now that theyre a regular, I just say "Oh, a zit." and try not to think much of it. Just use my treatment and smile.

Dont get me wrong, there I times when it gets bad and I lose it.