Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I don't know if it's the right topic but i want to tell my story anyway.

To the moderators, please feel free to displace my topic if you think it's necessary.

I'm a 23 old man from France, during my high school years i had a little bit of acne ( like almost every kid smile.png ) bit it went away quickly.

Then when i was 21 years old i started taking propecia because of hairloss and it resurrected my acne. However, my hair was doing great and i neglected the acne problem, so it kept getting worse and worse.

I had to stop propecia because of bad side effects and i thought that the acne would go away like the other sides but it hasn't sad.png

I have stopped propecia since one year now and the acne is still here.

I've tried everything to stop it but it keeps coming back.

It's driving me crazy, my self esteem is down , i avoid people and it's starting to affect my work.

I would describe my acne as moderate but persistent, it's always here whatever i do.

I always have pimples ( some with a whitehead ) and pretty visible red marks left form previous acne.

Once in mouth a get a small cyst which fades away in a week leaving me with another red mark , and so on.

So, my question, should i take accutane ? Knowing that my acne is induced by a hormonal change ? Has anyone beaten an acne caused by propecia ?

Thanks.

Accutane cures acne by reducing skin oil production - is your acne caused by oily skin and blocked pores?

If not, I'd get tetracylines (antibiotics) instead.

Yeah, oily skin is definitely a factor.

I always had oily skin but never too much skin until i took propecia.

Anyway, i'll find a new dermatologist and tell him about this issue.

Edited by Kendio

No, don't even think about it.

Accutane is dangerous shit.

Propecia should of taught you drugs aren't the answer.

Nature is man's best friend.

Start improving your health, and you will diminish anything you call a problem.

I tried everything natural, i practice sport.

I have a healthy body, i try to eat good , i avoid junk food but nothing , acne is always here.

I'm desperate.

Do apart from accutane, i don't see any other alternative.

Well, don't be desperate.

You'll end up regretting a quick decision.

Accutane is only for very severe acne.

If you think it's that bad, go ahead. As long as you know the long-term health risks.

You're acne is unlikely to stick around for long though.

Can't you just ignore it?

Wash your face twice a day with a nice natural soap like aloe vera (cheap) and then don't touch it the rest of the day?

IndigoRush,

some people need accutane for their acne to have a normal life. Just because you got side effects/didn't work for you/whatever the reason for your negative opinion of accutane, please don't discourage others from seeking medical assistance.

IndigoRush,

some people need accutane for their acne to have a normal life. Just because you got side effects/didn't work for you/whatever the reason for your negative opinion of accutane, please don't discourage others from seeking medical assistance.

Exactly. I cannot stress this enough whenever I see people denouncing Accutane. Just because you had a bad experience; doesn't mean other people will.

It's like anything. Let's say I take Advil, and it doesn't work for me, and I tell everyone how bad it is and to not waste their time and money. Then, those people that Advil DOES work for, don't use it, and suffer through their misery, unaware that it could be solved if they would just not put other people's experiences, in place of their own.

Anyway; on topic: If acne is having that much of an effect on you, and other (less powerful) methods of treatment don't/didn't work, and you have thought about it, and discussed it, then go on Accutane. Simply put, if you want to do it, then do it. Someone saying that it does/doesn't work shouldn't affect YOUR life and YOUR decision.

OP- I don't think you want to take accutane. This is what someone from a proprecia board posted on here regarding Accutane.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/260200-accutane-side-effects-are-we-missing-the-point/page__hl__finresearch__fromsearch__1

Esspecialy if you haven't tried less harsher side effects

Edited by oli girl

"Just ignore it".

If people could just ignore their acne, they wouldn't bother coming here. As much as I'm sure everybody who has acne would love to have decent enough self-esteem to not care about the condition of their skin, most of them don't.

If nothing else works for you, Kendio, try Accutane and listen to your body carefully. I'll echo what Wsx has said above: what doesn't work for other people may work for you, and if Accutane didn't work for anybody, then it nobody would be given a prescription for it. If you see anything that worries you, go to your doctor, or stop taking the medication. Some people act like you're going to die if you even consider trying Accutane and it's always people from the holistic forum. doubt.gif

Edited by Gutterflower

OP- I don't think you want to take accutane. This is what someone from a proprecia board posted on here regarding Accutane.

http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1

Great post thanks.

So basically if i experienced bad side effects with propecia, I'll probably experience the same with accutane ?

I'm condemned to live with this acne for the rest of my live ?

My self esteem is down the sewer, when a girl looks at me, i immediately think she's looking at my acne.

I just want to have a normal adult face, is it too much to ask ?

I really don't know if i should go for accutane.

Well, don't be desperate.

You'll end up regretting a quick decision.

Accutane is only for very severe acne.

If you think it's that bad, go ahead. As long as you know the long-term health risks.

You're acne is unlikely to stick around for long though.

Can't you just ignore it?

Wash your face twice a day with a nice natural soap like aloe vera (cheap) and then don't touch it the rest of the day?

you're full of shit

Go for it...as u said the acne is significantly hurting your self-esteem and you've tried other options

Edited by Cooool

http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1

Great post thanks.

So basically if i experienced bad side effects with propecia, I'll probably experience the same with accutane ?

I'm condemned to live with this acne for the rest of my live ?

My self esteem is down the sewer, when a girl looks at me, i immediately think she's looking at my acne.

I just want to have a normal adult face, is it too much to ask ?

I really don't know if i should go for accutane.

I know it suks! What caused your hair loss for you to have to start propecia? If you do go on Accutane I would do no more then 10mg....Keep in mind one of the side effects of Accutane is Alopecia......Not sure of everything you tried, but there are safer alternatives...Ever think of light therapy????

Firstly, to avoid confusion, Accutane did work for me in terms of clearing my acne.

But people are foolish who still believe medicine is required for things like this.

Any health problem can be approached in a more gentle way.

Accutane is a chemo drug, plain and simple.

But, it's your choice.

Just letting you know what can happen.

I know it suks! What caused your hair loss for you to have to start propecia? If you do go on Accutane I would do no more then 10mg....Keep in mind one of the side effects of Accutane is Alopecia......Not sure of everything you tried, but there are safer alternatives...Ever think of light therapy????

Like what ? I welcome any suggestion.

Like what ? I welcome any suggestion.

Well if you have the money how about light therapy, read some of Lamarr1986 post regarding this! Also what meds or topicals have you tried? Yes, I know for me when my hormones are out of wack it makes my acne worse, or certian foods. If it's hormonal Accutane may help, but it won't cure it. Not to mention I told you in a earlier post it can cause hair loss itself that can be forever propecia or not! Have you had lab work to see what hormonal issues you may have, I am assuming that was the reason for the hairloss.

Well if you have the money how about light therapy, read some of Lamarr1986 post regarding this! Also what meds or topicals have you tried? Yes, I know for me when my hormones are out of wack it makes my acne worse, or certian foods. If it's hormonal Accutane may help, but it won't cure it. Not to mention I told you in a earlier post it can cause hair loss itself that can be forever propecia or not! Have you had lab work to see what hormonal issues you may have, I am assuming that was the reason for the hairloss.

Yeah i did a blood test, everything is fine do i don't know where the oily skin and the acne come from.

I've just ha the worst breakout of my life, 5 or 6 big cysts at the same time and in the same place on my right cheek, absolutely disgusting.

And i haven't changed anything in my diet, it's driving me crazy.

Did you manage to control your hormones ?

I'm starting Accutane this Week at 30 mg, hope it works. smile.png

I want to confess myself some more.

I learned a lot from acne, it has upped my confidence like nothing.

I used to worry about my hair, my muscles , my clothes now i really don't care.

Today i had to two huge cysts filled with pus emerge in the night, apart from the others that are already here i can really say that it looks disgusting.

And guess what , I had a presentation to make in front of my whole team and the boss of my boss

Fuck you acne, i went there , did my job and nailed it but god it was hard.

The only real problem that i encounter and that has pushed me towards Tane is my sentimental life.

I don't see myself making a girl happy while i'm looking like that.

We can't do things that normal people do and she can't touch me like she should and i don't fell comfortable getting close to anyone right now.

So hope i'll clear and if not i'll have tried.

I'll open a log as soon as i start the treatment, hope that some of you will read it.

Edited by Kendio