Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Synctic

Q For The Vets: Effects Of A 1 Week Break?

Hey anyone whos reading this,

mainly a question for the veterans of the acne.org regimen.

I've been on the regimen for about 3-4months and have started being completely clear besides 1 SMALL pimple per 2-3 weeks which I am very happy with.

The problem is that I have to take a 1 week break because I'm going hiking and camping in the mountains of New Zealand and I was wondering what effects it would have? I don't want to break out and then have to wait even LONGER for scars to fade ):

Please advise as to what I can do!

A break every now and then is a good thing. It allows your skin to regenerate.

I have to take breaks every now and then due to camping, and I find that as long as I keep my face clean then I'm fine. Normally when I'm camping I just wash my face in the morning, and if I'm lucky I can wash it at night also. There's no escaping the odd pimple or two, but who cares? Just enjoy life and enjoy the hike :)

Good luck

I had tons of fun, great trip, met tons of new people and had an awesome time.

I tried doing the regimen whenever i could, but could only use my cleanser + somtimes BP and AHA.

The whole week went by aight, i got around 5 pimples for the 7 days i was there, but after i came back/on the flight, i got a huge breakout, like around 10-20 pimples. Most of them are scattered but theres a huge bunch around my mouth, probably due to sleeping facedown on the camping sheets, etc.

Now I used to be clear, but now I'm so depressed and looking in the mirror and my really tanned/black face with tons of pimples just makes me want to break down and cry. Any suggestions?

I had tons of fun, great trip, met tons of new people and had an awesome time.

I tried doing the regimen whenever i could, but could only use my cleanser + somtimes BP and AHA.

The whole week went by aight, i got around 5 pimples for the 7 days i was there, but after i came back/on the flight, i got a huge breakout, like around 10-20 pimples. Most of them are scattered but theres a huge bunch around my mouth, probably due to sleeping facedown on the camping sheets, etc.

Now I used to be clear, but now I'm so depressed and looking in the mirror and my really tanned/black face with tons of pimples just makes me want to break down and cry. Any suggestions?

I normally get a breakout when I come back from camping, but 2-3 days back on the regimen and my skin returns to where it was before I left - normally clear. :)

Atleast you had a good time!