Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I just have a few questions, I hope you don't mind.

How many sweet potatoes are good a day? You say you can eat them daily, in moderation. Just want to check what the 'moderation' entails, lol. Also, aren't sweet potatoes high GI foods?

What about coconut oil? How much is too much for one day's consumption?

Should I avoid extra virgin olive oil completely?

And are free-range/organic eggs fine for breakfast?

Thanks,

Julie

Edited by this is julie

I went Gluten Free 1 week from today. I stopped taking Turmeric, Niacin, ACV, and Ranitidine (for Acid Reflux). No Acne, no oily skin, and no heartburn after ONLY 1 week. Gluten Free restricts the amount of Lectin I consume. Lectin is the root of all evil. If I ever want to eat normally again, I must start taking a Lectin Lock supplement. Google Gluten Free and Acne & also Lectin and Acne.

Ps Try rubbing Banana peels on Acne & leave it on overnight. You will be amazed.

I've added a micro and macro nutrient breakdown of my diet - infact what I ate yesterday. This is what it provides without any supplementation. Not to mention the extremely large amounts of anti oxidants and polyphenols. What you're body needs to properly heal itself. The bottom chart with numbers is based on the RDA (Recommended daily intake). Most are at least 200% or better. Supplying exactly what you need to easily repair your damaged body.

What is the name of the program you use to calculate your food intake?

Elvin

Chestercool - your acne is very mild. I don't even know if I'd call it acne or just a few pimples. I wouldn't worry about eating green beans.

Whoa since when is having acne a contest?

Chestercool - your acne is very mild. I don't even know if I'd call it acne or just a few pimples. I wouldn't worry about eating green beans.

What are you talking about?

You're downsizing his problem for him, which is a nice gesture and all, but basically telling him he doesn't have a right to be here.

No one would get anything out of this forum/website if everyone was saying "shut up, your acne isn't even that bad".

hey mate, thx for saying my acne is mild, it makes me realize its not bad at all. However, if those pimples leaves 6 months+ red marks and affects my self-steem i think it is considered acne. As i explain in my log, every individual wants to be 100% clear, even people with 2 zits per month want to prevent it.

You're downsizing his problem for him, which is a nice gesture and all, but basically telling him he doesn't have a right to be here.

No one would get anything out of this forum/website if everyone was saying "shut up, your acne isn't even that bad".

I'm going to assume you misinterpreted that post.

You said those things, not me. I let the guy know he had nice skin. If anything I was telling him not to stress out about it.

Mmkay, whatever you say.

I think you're wrong about the fats. 98% of our life span has been eating meats as our main food group., Mother nature isn't stupid. Why do you think now that we have an abundance of wheat and carbs in our diets that people are having more health problems.. WE NEED FATS AND MEAT. My brother has gone to a caveman diet recently and lost weight has healthier blood pressure he also lost most of his adult acne. I'm an advocate of meat and fats. I agree with everything else in your post except that part.

Edited by Geo10

I think you're wrong about the fats. 98% of our life span has been eating meats as our main food group., Mother nature isn't stupid. Why do you think now that we have an abundance of wheat and carbs in our diets that people are having more health problems.. WE NEED FATS AND MEAT. My brother has gone to a caveman diet recently and lost weight has healthier blood pressure he also lost most of his adult acne. I'm an advocate of meat and fats. I agree with everything else in your post except that part.

Congratulations you win the award for not reading the thread! You also get a special mention for not understanding the fundamentals of nutrition.

Edited by moonbase

Congratulations you win the award for not reading the thread! You also get a special mention for not understanding the fundamentals of nutrition.

No need to get hostile/offensive smile.png. I was just stating my opinion. And the fundamentals of nutrition like the USDA food chart is what's hurting our nation. I trust 98%>2. Also I don't have the time to read 11 pages right now. I bookmarked it for later. It's strange how acne wasn't so abundent until this 2% or our existence eh? Maybe if you had more meats you wouldn't speak in this tone, they do say a diet with little meat causes depression..hmm

Edited by Geo10

Not sure where you got that silly figure. I can list off many societies that consume very low fat diets - here a few - kitivans, japanese, chinese. The degeneration has nothing to do with macronutrient ratios buddy - it's all about what foods you eat and what you combine them with. I also don't have a probelm with high fat diets.. again if you read the thread - this is a short term targeted nutritional plan to repair the body quickly and effectively with easy to processes nutrient dense foods in excess.

If you dont have time to read the thread - dont make a comment. Simple.

Edited by moonbase

Not sure where you got that silly figure. I can list off many societies that consume very low fat diets - here a few - kitivans, japanese, chinese. The degeneration has nothing to do with macronutrient ratios buddy - it's all about what foods you eat and what you combine them with.

Haha. you could throw many examples out but the fact is that exercise played a big role in their health. Inuits, eating polar bear, seal, fish, and birds have the healthiest hearts and they have little to no grain in their diets. Also they eat the blubber which has a lot of good fat in it.

Edited by Geo10

Not sure where you got that silly figure. I can list off many societies that consume very low fat diets - here a few - kitivans, japanese, chinese. The degeneration has nothing to do with macronutrient ratios buddy - it's all about what foods you eat and what you combine them with.

Haha. you could throw many examples out but the fact is that exercise played a big role with their health. Inuits, eating polar bear, seal, fish, and birds have the healthiest hearts and they have little to no grain in their diets.

Look buddy - Just stop. I don't even recommend grains - so you didn't even read the first got damn post. You don't get it - end of story. I dont support the USDA, nor the FDA, this is a PALEO diet.

Haha. you could throw many examples out but the fact is that exercise played a big role with their health. Inuits, eating polar bear, seal, fish, and birds have the healthiest hearts and they have little to no grain in their diets.

Look buddy - Just stop. I don't even recommend grains - so you didn't even read the first got damn post. You don't get it - end of story. I dont support the USDA, nor the FDA, this is a PALEO diet.

lol. I'm just tryin to say that with a healthy lifestyle meats are one of the most important food groups. And you didn't get the point of my "damn" post, which was that they had fatty diets with little to no CARBS and grain but lived healthy.

But I'm ready to agree to disagree and stop wasting each others time. Peace.

Edited by Geo10

Some posts removed. I don't like where this thread is going. Debate = fine, hostility (for no reason) = not fine. Behave yourselves!

Hey Moonbase.

I am preparing for this diet.

I use Fitday to calculate my daily vitamins and minerals intake.

My question is: How much is enough?

For example, my vitamin A intake is 455 RDA%, and my vitamin C intake is 794 RDA%, but my vitamins E intake is only 116 RDA%

What is the minimum daily RDA% for vitamins and minerals, so I can be sure my body is getting enough?

Elvin

Vitamin E @ 116 is higher than many people get in their diets and fine. Most of the vitamin A you're getting to Beta carotene and not actually animal vitamin A. If you can hold on till the weekend I'll have the definitive version up with everything and anything you could want.

Edited by moonbase