Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay, but our body NEEDS that food in order to function normally. How is it suppose to remain healthy after cutting out all important foods? I really cannot imagine it. This is extremely risky and actually not a safe way to clear skin. In my opinion, acne has different causes in men and women. Just by a simple reason that men don't get monthly menstruation.

How long have u personally followed this "diet" and please put some before and after pics as an evidance. And haven't you taken any medications for your acne? You didn't mention your acne severity either.

Do you realize that our body cannot normally function without dairy,meat,grains, fats and etc?

Really? You should tell that to the kitiva people, as they eat none of them. Of course they have fat, but as you will see above my diet includes plenty of fat needed for normal and above average function.

I really cannot imagine it. This is extremely risky and actually not a safe way to clear skin. In my opinion, acne has different causes in men and women. Just by a simple reason that men don't get monthly menstruation.

How long have u personally followed this "diet" and please put some before and after pics as an evidance. And haven't you taken any medications for your acne? You didn't mention your acne severity either.

I don't think you know the first thing about nutrition making such comments. If you read my post, like you said you did. You would realize I stated I had severe acne for a long time. I no longer have acne, nor the propensity to get it. I followed this diet strictly for 2 months, and I never felt better. I still feel fantastic, and eat a similar diet but I eat outside the diet because i've healed my body - yep I can go out and eat junk if I choose. I never once took medication for my acne.

What amazes me is when people make comments knowing nothing about food and nutrition. This forum doesn't want success, they just want to have acne and hope that adding teas, gulping down supplements, or avoiding this or that is going to fix the problem. So how's that going?

Edited by moonbase

Do you realize that our body cannot normally function without dairy,meat,grains, fats and etc?

Really? You should tell that to the kitiva people, as they eat none of them. Of course they have fat, but as you will see above my diet includes plenty of fat needed for normal and above average function.

Fats are simply not enough for our body to function normally. What about calcium that we take from diary? How we are gonna get it WITHOUT dairy? I don't talk about meat,'cuz it's obviously important for our body.

1. I don't add teas, supplements or something like that . I treat my acne by taking antiandrogenic medication ( spironolactone)

2. I don't believe that u cleared your acne just in 2 months by following this diet and with NO oral or topical acne medication,no way

3. Your evidence is still unproven! You cannot guarantee that it will clear EVERYBODY'S acne.

Edited by amy91

Okay, take your mouse, roll up to the top of this page. click on the bottom picture and take a look at the percentages of RDA. Look at every vitamin and mineral. 100% would be the RDA, they are all incredibly higher than 100. Meats are essential? You do realize that fish are animals.. and what's inside them is indeed "meat".

[EDIT]

1. I don't add teas, supplements or something like that . I treat my acne by taking antiandrogenic medication ( spironolactone)

2. I don't believe that u cleared your acne just in 2 months by following this diet and with NO oral or topical acne medication,no way

3. Your evidence is still unproven! You cannot guarantee that it will clear EVERYBODY'S acne.

Edited by moonbase

My dermtologist said that diet is just a PART of this huge issue. And by avoiding certain food we can't actually get rid of acne. I am more likely to believe professional doctor ( with scientificly proven facts) than someone who is basically offering to STARVE.

My dermtologist said that diet is just a PART of this huge issue. And by avoiding certain food we can't actually get rid of acne. I am more likely to believe professional doctor ( with scientificly proven facts) than someone who is basically offering to STARVE.

What if that med school your derm went to wasn't the most factually sound institution that has a direct link with the FDA (both exist mainly for profit) and you had to start reading about nutrition yourself?

I'm having to much fun to stop going back and forth with you:

You do realise that i'm eating over 3000 calories a day. I'm getting 10x the amount of vitamins and minerals you are. So yea, you can go talk to your derm - cause they have such a good track record with resolving acne issues. Oh man - your ignorance is blowing my mind.. but what can you expect from someone on spiro. You know you have androgen receptors in your brain right - when spiro binds to them it produces 'brain fog' - or an inability to learn or think properly.

Oh and regarding derms. They are taught ZERO orthomolecular medicine.

Edited by moonbase

If you are so smart then why don't you prescribe medications to acne sufferers ( besides this bullshit above)? And doubting spironolactone, accutane or other harsh meds against acne is just ridiculous! But keep playing a nutritionist if u want, I don't mind.

Since this point I stop the argument. Your post was just another example of disinformation. Congrats!

Edited by amy91

If you are so smart then why don't you prescribe medications to acne sufferers ( besides this bullshit above)? And doubting spironolactone, accutane or other harsh meds against acne is just ridiculous! But keep playing a nutritionist if u want, I don't mind.

Since this point I stop the argument. Your post was just another example of disinformation. Congrats!

You sure showed me who's boss! wub.png

Are you responsible for your offerred "diet" if someone gets anorexia, weak bones due to calcium deficiency and diminished immune system? question.gif

Edited by amy91

Are you responsible for your offerred "diet" if someone gets anorexia, weak bones due to calcium deficiency and diminished immune system? question.gif

Why should someone get weak bones due to calcium deficiency?!? Haven't you looked on the nutritional data which moonbase posted above??

He is getting nearly 1300mg (129% RDA) of Calcium per day. You can get enough Calcium even without dairy...

Watching that gif of Stewie after reading your posts makes them hilarious, Amy. It's like he shares your skeptical sentiments.

You don't know when to quit.

I take every recommendation I write seriously. As i've stated this diet is full of excess amounts of every nutrient your body needs - i've even proved it above with a nutrient layout. Secondly, anorexia is due to not eating enough - which has nothing to do with diet. Thirdly - The USA has one of the highest intakes of calcium in the modern world, and it also has the one of the highest rates of bone deficiency problems. The whole calcium-bone connection is archaic. The reason people have weak bones is because they have too much calcium and too little magnesium, vitamin D, and K. Feel free to keep asking questions.

Edited by moonbase

Okay, I am going to try this diet and if it doesnt work I need moonbase's agreement that I will have the right to throw stones at him.tongue.png

If you do try my recommendations. You must follow it to the T. You must eat a lot - more than you "think" you need. Use my post above as a guideline. Best of luck. However if you dont follow it correctly, dont expect results.

Also - re-read my first post and really wrap your head around it. I am going to be re-writing it to make it easier to digest (re formatting mainly). but the recommendations are there. Log everything you eat in a day and how you cook it.

Edited by moonbase

Okay, so here is the list of food that I gave up since April 2010

chocolate (seriously!)

ice cream

Pizza,chips,pop corn,granola bars,gummy bears( lol), jelly beans

Soda

sugared juices

cakes,cupcakes,pies

pork, BBQ

milk,sour cream, eggs(even),yogurt,butter ( but not cheese, I cannot imgaine my life without cheese)

any fried food I also avoid salty,spicy and sweet food

white bread ( only lavash)

cookies

nuts

What I eat/drink:

Chicken

Fish

beef ( it cooked as healthier as possible)

lot of fruits

lot of veggies ( especially cucumbers, carrots,sweet pepper,lettuce, potatoes)

Plenty of water

Even with this limits ,I still get breakouts. It's really depressing to eat this way and avoid all the delicious things. But it's more annoying when It doesn't work. Whatever I eat, I get PREmenstrual breakouts. I don't know whether it's genetic ( my dad had acne too) or due to my hormones, but even cutting out these foods doesn't seem to work. I've been taking SPiro since July 21th and it has managed someway my cysts, but my face is not clear. And plus I've lost nearly 25-28 pounds since April 2010.

Edited by amy91

That's some frightening weight loss especially if you didn't have the weight to lose.

When I finish updating my main post (next few days) - I will add a sample menu, with full details on how much you need to eat etc etc. I will also add a food "safelist" -- foods that will only benefit and a avoidance list. You're a perfect candidate to stress the fact that certain dietary restrictions don't work for everyone and underline why my suggestions will. Spiro will work to a certain degree but not for everyone - you're a clear example.

This dietary regimen isn't cheap but i'd imagine you spend a pretty penny with the foods you eat already. (I spend about $25/day to feed myself - however I go organic/wild/grassfed for everything -- which is still far less than you'd spend for one meal at a nice restaurant).

If you're really hardcore (or borderline obsessive) like me, you can get a foodscale to weigh out exactly what your eating. Once you do this awhile you get the hang of exactly what/howmuch you need to eat.

Edited by moonbase

That's some frightening weight loss especially if you didn't have the weight to lose.

When I finish updating my main post (next few days) - I will add a sample menu, with full details on how much you need to eat etc etc. I will also add a food "safelist" -- foods that will only benefit and a avoidance list. You're a perfect candidate to stress the fact that certain dietary restrictions don't work for everyone and underline why my suggestions will. Spiro will work to a certain degree but not for everyone - you're a clear example.

This dietary regimen isn't cheap but i'd imagine you spend a pretty penny with the foods you eat already. (I spend about $25/day to feed myself - however I go organic/wild/grassfed for everything -- which is still far less than you'd spend for one meal at a nice restaurant).

If you're really hardcore (or borderline obsessive) like me, you can get a foodscale to weigh out exactly what your eating. Once you do this awhile you get the hang of exactly what/howmuch you need to eat.

I'm looking forward to this. I enjoy the explanations on H&H but something straightforward and short is what I feel like I need now.

do you consider a glass of water with lemon squeezed into a fruit serving? do you only eat whats seasonal in your local area, or buy fruits shipped in from over seas?

curious how long you expect a radical diet change to show results? it took 6 weeks for me when i went to semi paleo (still ate diary, don't anymore) to start seeing results in my face and over the last 3 weeks it has started to clear up real well. i think its commonly accepted is you should expect 4-8 months for your skin to clear up.. do you agree with that? or do you think the diet you recommend will be a shorter time span?

I am looking for healthy breakfast samlple becoz in the mornings I literally don't know what to eat. Usually for breakfast I have:

3 slice of cheese

1-2 sausages

peppers, cucumbers

or eggs

I don't eat cereal, 'cuz I cut out milk from my diet.

I guess male acne is slightly different than female acne, because I get breakouts right before my period. Or mid cycle pimples. But the rest of the month I don't get new ones,whataver I eat ( sometimes I can "afford" myself to eat chocolate or little piece of cake). And I am sure, if I stop taking spironolactone and topical treatments I will get those painful cysts back. Before spiro I was eating healthy ( cut out foods above), but it didn't change anything. My skin got better only after spiro and doxy. The only thing that I "achieved" that I lost 23-25 pounds.eusa_wall.gif

Edited by amy91

I was just about to ask if you feel this diet would be able to clear up a candida problem but then i noticed in your opening post you said you once believed in candida, i assume you no longer do then? Im not sure what to believe really but i do know my digestion is terrible at the moment, i cant remember the last day i wasnt bloated and constipated. Im terrible with my diet though, if i manage to go to the toilet and feel abit better i just end up cheating again. Today is a perfect example as i ate chocolates when i was feeling okay and i knew within about 30 minutes i would feel terrible and i did, this will last more than likely way into tomorrow now.

I eat alot of chicken and to much really, i have noticed when i eat it my nose runs so i guess ive managed to get myself alergic to it. Eggs i feel defiently give me stomach problems as well but its so hard to tell when my stomach is horrible most of the time. Do you feel if i went on a heavy fruit diet with a fair bit of veg and fish for a while it could clear up these problems i have?

@Paul

I don't believe in Candida in the traditional sense. I do not believe it's some rouge yeast that got out of control and requires a diet to starve the fungal invasion. I believe that the gut has become inbalanced and it has produced an environment where the wrong types of microbes (yeasts and bacteria) can thrive. My dieatary suggestions are based around extreme high nutrition and easily digestible foods - to repair and fix the imbalance..

@clownski

No I wouldn't consider that a serving of fruit. A serving of fruit would be whole fruits. I'm not a fan of cirtus - it can cause many to break out. The diet will show results immediately. You skin will get better and better every day - as long as you follow it correctly.

@Amy

eating healthy has nothing to do with cutting out foods, it has everything to do with eating enough and the right foods to provide everything your body needs.

@wokaka

It has a lot more bad things than hormones. I never said milk was bad simply because of the fat. In fact I drink raw grass fed milk a few times a week.

Edited by moonbase

@moonbase: in that case, if I substitute my protein intake (to gain muscle) to skinless chicken breast, I shouldn't get any breakout right? Even if I eat 3-4 chicken breasts a day?

and i would like to know, there's another protein supplement that's made from beef, like MuscleMeds Carnivor. It's not made from milk so it's supposed to not cause any acne breakout right unless there's some bad chemical ingredient in there?

Protein intake and optimal muscle growth are not correlated. If you want to get big you need to eat large amounts of everything. Large doses of protein when not paired with an equal amount of easily utilized carbohydrates will send your cortisol levels through the roof and that can cause acne. If you want to gain lean muscle mass what you have to eat is a GOOD diet. Full of lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats and healthy starches. Aim for at least 3500 calories a day. Work out every other day. In my experience using the reverse pyramid method is most effective. Start with high weight (close to max) - low reps for the first set, lower the weight, slightly more reps, then lower the weight and do reps till failure. I dont have a problem with working out every day either, but dont work the same muscle groups every day.

Edited by moonbase