Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you moonbase. I also read now that excess beta carotene is safe however only for humans who do NOT smoke. Luckily I do not smoke, so I am going to order the Spirulina soon.

Would Rice Protein be another good source of protein? http://www.amazon.co...17336467&sr=1-1

Gelatin would be a great source, and you wont be eating an animal, but an animal by product. Search for Great lakes gelatin

do you disagree that eating fish raw is significantly better than cooked?

what are your thoughts on, "everything in moderation".

i could eat more fish, but it would require me to eat the same meals multiple times a week.

Gelatin would be a great source, and you wont be eating an animal, but an animal by product. Search for Great lakes gelatin

Thanks, I will look into it.

My skin looks uneven today with 2-3 smaller pimples. I had a very bad night sleep, I am stressed and exhausted today. I am sure that's the reason why my skin looks worser than yesterday. Nevertheless all in all there is a huge improvement since I started your diet, moonbase.

I must however eat more (still not sure which foods to incorporate), since I am losing weight and I do not get enough protein. I lost 3 pounds in the last 5 days or so (BMI: 19).

do you disagree that eating fish raw is significantly better than cooked?

what are your thoughts on, "everything in moderation".

i could eat more fish, but it would require me to eat the same meals multiple times a week.

Everything in moderation works great if your acne isn't bad, and not significantly inflammatory. However the more inflammatory it is the more dire direct action is needed. Raw fish is better, I would agree, but, in the grand scheme I dont think it makes or breaks the situation.

I must however eat more (still not sure which foods to incorporate), since I am losing weight and I do not get enough protein. I lost 3 pounds in the last 5 days or so (BMI: 19).

You're not eating enough. Are you eating atleast 30 pieces of fruit a day? Couple pounds of greens(not just spinach a nice mix) and additional other veggies? A sweet potato with every meal? I recommended all of these things for a reason smile.png

Edited by moonbase

I am eating a lot of fruits, every morning, after luch, after dinner, especially papayas, melons, plums. But I cannot eat 30 papayas per day, when one weighs around 4-5 pounds, lol. ;) Yesterday I ate sweet potatoes at lunch and dinner, together with broccoli and pumpkin. I also ate 2 eggs at lunch.

In the evening I used my new juicer and juiced papaya slices with a passion fruit and a carrot and drank the juice. It tasted delicious.

Today I juiced a half white cabbage. Got out 500ml of juice. It tastes really good. Did you ever try it?

bxfcu9hwdddbplg5e.jpg

So I had a ton of frozen fruits and veggies in my fridge, and I figured I'd give the added fruit a go, at the very least to clear some room. It's been maybe 5 days, and my skin has improved much faster than it was before, and even though my green smoothies aren't as green anymore, there's much more greens in them. I'm using the fruits and veggies in a 1:2 ratio. I also started taking my chlorella & spirulina on an empty stomach with my probiotic.

I am eating a lot of fruits, every morning, after luch, after dinner, especially papayas, melons, plums. But I cannot eat 30 papayas per day, when one weighs around 4-5 pounds, lol. wink.png Yesterday I ate sweet potatoes at lunch and dinner, together with broccoli and pumpkin. I also ate 2 eggs at lunch.

In the evening I used my new juicer and juiced papaya slices with a passion fruit and a carrot and drank the juice. It tasted delicious.

Today I juiced a half white cabbage. Got out 500ml of juice. It tastes really good. Did you ever try it?

I don't find myself juicing very much - however I dont have anything against it :) Juice away!

In regards to the number of fruits.. I am referring to fruits say Plum/Peach sized. If you're loosing weight, you're not eating enough :) Boost your fruit intake - your body will thank you.

Good luck.

I'm glad to hear things are going well Tim - keep us updated.

@moonbase: i have a couple of questions if I may..

In the past 2-3 months I've started going to gym and use supplement for body building. I use 100% gold whey standard by optimum and also Jack3D for pre-exercise session.

I eat 2 scoops of whey daily and 1 extra scoop after exercise (I exercise 3-4 times a week)

I consume Jack3D 1 scoop only before exercise (means 3-4 times a week)

I have read everywhere and they are very conflicting one to another so Im not sure what to believe..

so here are my questions:

1. In 100% gold whey standard by optimum, I found lactase and glutamine, but I think these will be always found in all whey products. Do you think lactase and glutamine or other ingredient in my whey protein that break it out?

2. In Jack3D i found out creatine and beta altinine. Some people said it can break acne out as well. I have stopped using it since today so Im not sure if that would help. But according to your theory, is this what make me break out?

3. I don't get daily breakout by using these products. I had breakout like once every few days/once every week.. However, the interval between 2 latest breakouts was 11 days, so that's a real record. Do you think it's possible these above products broke me out but then i didnt have any new breakout in 11 days? or it must be something else that trigger the acne in the final days before my last breakout?

4. I had this final breakout on Sunday,a big one...well, last Saturday I ate pork satay, I drank coconut-orange juice (with added sweetener, as restaurants always use them sad.png ), then I ate beef burger (no cheese), and I drank A&W root beer. Do you think THESE are the reasons why I broke out last Sunday or supplements could play role here as well?

i rly want to look a bit buff but at the same time have no new acne breakout on my face. I realize that my diet is very messed up (sometimes i eat ice cream, sometimes fried stuffs, etc. etc.), but even then I never really had new breakout more than once every 2 weeks and sometimes they were just pimples. Ever since I've been going to gym and took whey protein, things seem going worse as I had breakout once every few days and they were all large acnes. However, as mentioned before, the interval between my last 2 outbreaks was 11 days (and that happened ONE day after I ate unhealthy stuffs) so I am now thinking IF i still use my whey protein but totally strict everything else, would it really help?

Edited by wokaka

I am eating a lot of fruits, every morning, after luch, after dinner, especially papayas, melons, plums. But I cannot eat 30 papayas per day, when one weighs around 4-5 pounds, lol. wink.png Yesterday I ate sweet potatoes at lunch and dinner, together with broccoli and pumpkin. I also ate 2 eggs at lunch.

I don't find myself juicing very much - however I dont have anything against it smile.png Juice away!

In regards to the number of fruits.. I am referring to fruits say Plum/Peach sized. If you're loosing weight, you're not eating enough smile.png Boost your fruit intake - your body will thank you.

Good luck.

Hey moonbase, how are you?

I am still following "your" diet and my skin is improving, however I keep getting 1-3 zits every or every second day. Do you think my skin will improve further in the next weeks and I am just too impatient? rolleyes.gif

Hey moonbase, how are you?

I am still following "your" diet and my skin is improving, however I keep getting 1-3 zits every or every second day. Do you think my skin will improve further in the next weeks and I am just too impatient? rolleyes.gif

Results should be almost immediate. You need to eat more. 4 large sweet potatoes.. 20-30 peices of fruit.. 1-2lbs greens and so on.. You need to be consuming vast quantities of food in order to repair. You should be aiming for 3000 calories or higher.

The principle behind my recommendations is not based on a life long diet.. it's easily digested food in large quantity. Once the damage is repaired you can return to whatever diet you wish. However because you refuse to eat fish, you're at a disadvantage. Eggs seem to be breaking you out but I belive that can be counter acted by eating more.

Take whatever you eat in a day right now, and double it.

Oh and i'm well smile.png I dont mean to be too obtuse but the amount you eat is very important, and if I remember correctly you are already borderline underweight.

Edited by moonbase

I am glad to hear that you are fine. :)

Yesterday and today I ate quite a lot, so that I was never hungry. I mostly eat fruits and vegetables, also sweet potatoes twice a day. Eggs only every second day.

However I think that I do not eat more than 1500 calories. But I promise to eat more. ;)

I hope my skin will improve further and not starting to get worser again. crazy.gif

I am glad to hear that you are fine. smile.png

Yesterday and today I ate quite a lot, so that I was never hungry. I mostly eat fruits and vegetables, also sweet potatoes twice a day. Eggs only every second day.

However I think that I do not eat more than 1500 calories. But I promise to eat more. wink.png

I hope my skin will improve further and not starting to get worser again. crazy.gif

You wont feel hungry easily on this diet due to the quantity you're eating, but yes please do everything you can to double what you're eating.

damn, i bet i'm under eating :(. i'm tempted to give your recommendations a try moonbase, but i feel like i have a pretty good diet going now (will log what i eat daily for the nxt week in the what did you eat today thread, i do eat chicken and other meats which you aren't a fan of but my diet gotta be sustainable!). i've been having results from my diet, face clearing up nicely. back acne still got a ways to go.

i've been limiting my fruit, but i think i'll start upping it. can easily add more into my green smoothies (what i use to do, but read something about excessive fructose potentially being bad).

opinion on western bananas and apples?

have read a few things that we shouldn't be eating them b/c we've really screwed them up compared to what they originally were. they say bananas and apples are bigger than when they were naturally growing.

@ wokaka

Being buff and taking protein have no real connection. If you want to be buff, eat a lots of food - not just additional protein. For you to process and rebuild you need every vitamin and mineral in excess. So eat loads and work out loads. A diet high in carbohydrates as I suggest will give you the sustained energy you need for your muscles to function and re-fill glycogen (muscle fuel). Your recent breakouts can be happening for two reasons - 1) because you're working out you're using more vitamins and minerals and thus have less overall available to your body to maintain balance. 2) You have an issue with milk protein - or something in the powders you're taking. Personally, I believe it's a combination of both.

In regards to your recent dietary choices. You need to eat real food, not junk :) Whatever diet you choose eat real food that grows out of the ground, walk the land, or swims in the sea. Food that comes out of a lab is not food.

@ Clowski

Eating enough is crucial. If you have acne there is a good bet you're malnourished. What ever diet you choose you need to incorporate excess vitamins and minerals to aid in the repair process. The more you do (mentally and physically) the more you're body needs. Weight has nothing to do with caloric needs - most people that are over weight and malnourished. I would suggest anyone with a persistent acne problem should be eating at least 3000 calories a day and getting all the vitamins and minerals in excess. best way to do this is with variety - different fruits/veggies/meats.

Bananas - Banana's contain large amounts of serotonin and I believe histamine. Which in a malnourshed body will wreck havoc as you already have insufficient amounts of MAO (http://en.wikipedia....noamine_oxidase) which breaks down excess serotonin. Banana's also contain a significant portion of "resistant starch" - resistant starch is unable to be broken down by pancreatic enzymes and is completely digested by microbes in the colon. If you're out of wack the bacteria that will be thriving on it will be the wrong types, and the idea is to keep those bad guys at bay.

Apples - Although they contain many potent polyphenols and vitamins they are predominately fructose and eaten in excess will unbalance your fructose to glucose ratio. They also are a very common allergen. More over conventionally grown apples have very high levels of contaminants (pesticides etc).

Edited by moonbase

POSTED THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD AND THOUGHT IT SHOULD BE ADDED:

Being in a severely malnourished state will provide clear skin as you body shuts down the production of many hormones and co-factors in acne as it is entering a low power state. However eating sufficient calories (say.. 2000) but not receiving sufficient vitamins and minerals is the recipe for disaster, as your body has the energy it needs but not the stuff to process it - which causes a crazy cascade of imbalanced gut microbes and hormone dis-regulation. When you look at sugar for instance by itself. It is chemically a glucose molecule and a fructose molecule. Both very ideal fuels, however it causes all sorts of issues when one eats it alone. If you take a look at fruit/veggies/starches they are all various arrangements of glucose and fructose. Now the reason sugar is so bad and fruit/veggies/starch are good is because sugar is an isolated carbohydrate with no co-factors included that are required for processing it - thus dis-regulating your entire body.

The key to EATING is excessive vitamin minerals in relation to energy. Weather it be fat or carbs, if you have insufficient vitamins and minerals to go with it - you are setting yourself up for disaster.

Edited by moonbase

I somehow believe that food doesn't affect my acne. I am getting new cysts (around 2-3) every day even though I eat ONLY fruits, veggies and sweet potatoes.

No sugar, no dairy, no wheat, no grains, nada. :(

At first I thought its getting better but meanwhile there is no further improvement. I am really depressed at the moment.

I somehow believe that food doesn't affect my acne. I am getting new cysts (around 2-3) every day even though I eat ONLY fruits, veggies and sweet potatoes.

No sugar, no dairy, no wheat, no grains, nada. sad.png

At first I thought its getting better but meanwhile there is no further improvement. I am really depressed at the moment.

Hate to say it but fruit may be your problem. It's no great revelation, but people prone to acne have problems with sugar, in any form.

Hey popsi, as I told you from the start.. You're not getting protein in your diet.. You said you haven't ate much meat for years and you've had acne for years. Well i'd be most inclined to say that's your problem. You can't expect good health from not eating what your body needs. The fact is it was getting better un till you added in foods that would make things worse.

If one follows this diet correctly the macronutrient ratio is that of a traditional japanese diet. and even more vitamin and mineral rich.

Eggs, and milk give you issues and that's what I believe has caused your acne. My dietary recommendations are based on eating everything, not one or another.

You need to start eating fish.

@captainsunshine

Relating carbs to acne is got to be the silliest thing i've ever heard. Healthy and long living populations in history consumed a very large amount of carbohydrates - most notable in the form of starch, vegetables and fruit. We haven't consumed predominately high fat diet for 100's of years - in fact I can't think of one sophisticated society that eats such a diet.

[EDIT]

I've added a micro and macro nutrient breakdown of my diet - infact what I ate yesterday. This is what it provides without any supplementation. Not to mention the extremely large amounts of anti oxidants and polyphenols. What you're body needs to properly heal itself. The bottom chart with numbers is based on the RDA (Recommended daily intake). Most are at least 200% or better. Supplying exactly what you need to easily repair your damaged body.

post-57526-0-39218300-1318121033_thumb.j

post-57526-0-41442000-1318121047.jpg

post-57526-0-42273400-1318121063_thumb.j

post-57526-0-39218300-1318121033_thumb.j

post-57526-0-41442000-1318121047.jpg

post-57526-0-42273400-1318121063_thumb.j

Edited by moonbase

Hey popsi, as I told you from the start.. You're not getting protein in your diet.. You said you haven't ate much meat for years and you've had acne for years.

I have acne since puberty but it was never severe, just mild. It is moderate-severe since only a few months (I think since April 2011). I can show you pictures from February 2011 where my skin was almost perfect (oily but acne free). I don't know what happened to my skin in April, I didn't change my diet then...

Well i'd be most inclined to say that's your problem. You can't expect good health from not eating what your body needs. The fact is it was getting better un till you added in foods that would make things worse.

If one follows this diet correctly the macronutrient ratio is that of a traditional japanese diet. and even more vitamin and mineral rich.

Eggs, and milk give you issues and that's what I believe has caused your acne. My dietary recommendations are based on eating everything, not one or another.

You need to start eating fish.

I didn't eat eggs since 4-5 days and dairy since 2 weeks now (when I started the diet).

I am going to send you a private message as regards meat and fish.

Alright, thanks. If you're acne improved, yet you still had oily skin it would likely be due to the health of your digestive tract improved (lack of stress, a better balance of healthy microbes) however consuming the diet you used to consume (atleast from what you described) left you in a venerable state and it wouldn't take much to take things out of balance.

I was reading this whole thread and thinking about this. Aren't you afraid of giving scientifically unproven evidence, Moonbase? Do you realize that our body cannot normally function without dairy,meat,grains, fats and etc? You say this unimaginable diet is in order to fix the "broken" body, I will add that it will make your body weaker. I agree with cutting out soda, junk food and too much sugar, but you are against of NORMAL food. Do you realize what could happen if people follow this? PLUS we have NO formal promise or assurance that by avoiding certain food we will get absoulutely clear skin. Maybe we will see some LITTLE improvements for a short time, but we will have to deal with SERIOUSLY damaged body and health afterwards.

If you read it all, take a look at the nutrient breakdown of my diet recommendations. Unhealthy eh? This diet is extremely nutritious, more so than any I know of.

It's on this page - how did you miss it?

This diet is very scientifically proven.. These dietary recommendations are build on a foundation of science. The diet macro-nutrient ratio's (fat:protein:carbs) are very close to that of many civilizations (kitivans, ancient japanese, to name a few).

Sometimes I wonder if people do actually want to get rid of there acne...

Edited by moonbase