Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This diet is fantastic

There is one this that concerns me however, by eating all the fruit you want, won't there be a build up of fructose (sugar) in your body?

Can you cheat after having rebuilt your gut?

I also would really like to know the severity of your acne originally.

Thanks you're a legend!

:)

I am a absolute health nut. To say I have given up so much, everything from taste for functionality, vitality, health, fitness would be an understatement.

Based on that statement, I'd say that if you're eating in a way where you force yourself to eat foods that you don't want to eat, your body is not getting the nutrients it needs. When starting to eat healthier, i'd say most people eat based on what they think they should eat, and not the food their bodies are asking for. In that sense, I think that is why there seems to be a tendency for people who start eating healthier diets to sort of regress, or have NEW health problems appear, despite the fact they feel they are eating healthier. I hypothesize that foods only taste good to you when they have something in them that you need (example: if you eat too much of one food you love, you get sick of it). Based off of that, a healthy diet is one that should make you feel satisfied after you eat a meal. It should never be a diet where you feel like you are starving yourself or you are restricting yourself. If you eat foods that you don't want to eat, your body down regulates absorption of nutrients anyway. I believe most successful dieters eat in a way that they enjoy eating.

Basically, I'm saying that sometimes you have to forgo things you've read, and just eat what you feel like. I fear that statement will be taken the wrong way. I'm not suggesting eating candy and donuts when you want. I'm suggesting though, that if you have a craving for sugar (or anything else), give into it! In a healthy way, of course. Don't stuff yourself with cake, stuff yourself with sugary fruits! I promise, in the long run, things will work out so much better if you listen to your body instead of your mind. Despite what we know, there is so much we don't know about biochemistry. It requires a bit of intuition, but really, who knows best what you need other than your body?

http://www.doctor-na...mans-poison.php

I'm glad you're finding accutane is working for you, and you find it worth it, though.

This diet is fantastic

There is one this that concerns me however, by eating all the fruit you want, won't there be a build up of fructose (sugar) in your body?

Thanks you're a legend!

smile.png

I believe moonbase has mentioned before that fructose, when absorbed with equal amounts of glucose is best. Most fruits have a pretty even ratio of glucose to fructose, but it's not perfect. He suggested eating a small amount of sweet potatoes to account for any excess fructose. Sweet potatoes are starch, and starch is broken down into glucose only, I believe.

That isn't what that guy was recommending in this thread at all. He believes everyone with acne has a severely damaged digestive tract. Everyone. And to get clear, you need to consume only extremely easily digested foods. And he specifically said no beef or poultry unless you absolutely must in which case a little very lean chicken or grass fed beef is allowed.

I believe he said it in this thread, but this diet is one he recommends this diet for someone with chaotic, unresponsive, acne. He claimed the gut was the sources of systemic inflammation, and I suppose someone with severe inflammatory acne probably has a damaged gut. He didn't mention it in his original post, unfortunately.

I tried doing just fish and fruits, but I simply cannot eat seafood in such high amounts. Probably due to my ancestral background. Eating any certain way where you have to force yourself to eat a certain way is detrimental.

I find this thread valuable because I feel like it gives people a pretty good starting point (in addition to your 'good things for acne' thread) and it strays away from the "fruit is evil because of fructose" mindset that i've seen way too often on this forum. It's literally the same saturated fat phobia that has run amok in western countries just with a different scapegoat.

Edited by Tunnelvisionary

I am a absolute health nut. To say I have given up so much, everything from taste for functionality, vitality, health, fitness would be an understatement.

Based on that statement, I'd say that if you're eating in a way where you force yourself to eat foods that you don't want to eat, your body is not getting the nutrients it needs. When starting to eat healthier, i'd say most people eat based on what they think they should eat, and not the food their bodies are asking for. In that sense, I think that is why there seems to be a tendency for people who start eating healthier diets to sort of regress, or have NEW health problems appear, despite the fact they feel they are eating healthier. I hypothesize that foods only taste good to you when they have something in them that you need (example: if you eat too much of one food you love, you get sick of it). Based off of that, a healthy diet is one that should make you feel satisfied after you eat a meal. It should never be a diet where you feel like you are starving yourself or you are restricting yourself. If you eat foods that you don't want to eat, your body down regulates absorption of nutrients anyway. I believe most successful dieters eat in a way that they enjoy eating.

Basically, I'm saying that sometimes you have to forgo things you've read, and just eat what you feel like. I fear that statement will be taken the wrong way. I'm not suggesting eating candy and donuts when you want. I'm suggesting though, that if you have a craving for sugar (or anything else), give into it! In a healthy way, of course. Don't stuff yourself with cake, stuff yourself with sugary fruits! I promise, in the long run, things will work out so much better if you listen to your body instead of your mind. Despite what we know, there is so much we don't know about biochemistry. It requires a bit of intuition, but really, who knows best what you need other than your body?

I'm glad you're finding accutane is working for you, and you find it worth it, though.

This diet is fantastic

Thanks you're a legend!

smile.png

I believe moonbase has mentioned before that fructose, when absorbed with equal amounts of glucose is best. Most fruits have a pretty even ratio of glucose to fructose, but it's not perfect. He suggested eating a small amount of sweet potatoes to account for any excess fructose. Sweet potatoes are starch, and starch is broken down into glucose only, I believe.

That isn't what that guy was recommending in this thread at all. He believes everyone with acne has a severely damaged digestive tract. Everyone. And to get clear, you need to consume only extremely easily digested foods. And he specifically said no beef or poultry unless you absolutely must in which case a little very lean chicken or grass fed beef is allowed.

I believe he said it in this thread, but this diet is one he recommends this diet for someone with chaotic, unresponsive, acne. He claimed the gut was the sources of systemic inflammation, and I suppose someone with severe inflammatory acne probably has a damaged gut. He didn't mention it in his original post, unfortunately.

There are many causes for chronic inflammation. A high GL diet, stress, visceral body fat, smoking, consuming more inflammatory than anti-inflammatory foods/nutrients, chronic exercise, lack of sleep, pollution...

True. I wonder if all those things create inflammation because they affect your gut somehow. For example, are foods inflammatory because they irritate the intestinal tract? There are probably way more mechanisms for creating systemic inflammation than I know about, so I personally wouldn't necessarily make the claim that all inflammation is from the gut, because I don't really know all that much.

Seems like it's generally a good place to start though. Reducing the other factors you mentioned no doubt helps.

True. I wonder if all those things create inflammation because they affect your gut somehow. For example, are foods inflammatory because they irritate the intestinal tract? T

Some. It's actually all interrelated where one thing can cause another. Stress can damage your digestive tract, for example. And of course, a damaged digestive tract can lead to more allergic responses which are inflammatory. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/230714-good-things-for-the-many-factors-that-lead-to-acne/#entry2574309

Is it possible to attempt this diet while on accutane? I've been on it for 2 and a half months and i've barely felt any side effects?

I've been doing similar diets to this for a long time, i cut out fruit almost completely because i was positive it was all revolved around GI, it did work to an extent but i still got a few "problems" around my mouth. So i thought i would try this diet, i started 2 weeks ago and i was so happy with the results. Unfortunately im a 16 year old student, so my budget is very restricted so i have to eat school food (still gluten and diary free) which caused 99 "problems" and a bitch ain't one, mostly because i can't get a girlfriend. I know by following your guidelines i can reduce my acne but i still get a few! Before this, I was on a low gi, high veg, high protein diet for basically 5 months so i know it's not just a matter of time, I am not insulin resistant. Please, this diet takes a lot out of me but it'd be worth it if you told me why i still get 2 very small pimples almost every day. Just so you know, I've thought ahead and I'm applying for an intolerance test.

I am following your diet rigidly and it works better than the other similar diets, which also work pretty well.

Btw i stopped using any topical treatments and am now treating my problem with sun and washing my face twice a day.

I take all the appropriate pills including milk thisltle and pro biotics

If it's any help i am on accutane, i know you posted something about medication complicating things but would accutane really cause small breakouts. I guess this could be associated with how much liver function accutane requires, im sure you know more than me! (I've been on it for two months)

P.S. i really love my new fruit approach but i still hate the fact i don't eat bananas. It's driving me bananas (im really sorry) please explain whay causes it to be a no go food.

If you answer this you could seriously save me soooo much trouble. Thank you!

Edited by Hutchdan

This diet is fantastic

Thanks you're a legend!

smile.png

I tried doing just fish and fruits, but I simply cannot eat seafood in such high amounts. Probably due to my ancestral background. Eating any certain way where you have to force yourself to eat a certain way is detrimental.

I find this thread valuable because I feel like it gives people a pretty good starting point (in addition to your 'good things for acne' thread) and it strays away from the "fruit is evil because of fructose" mindset that i've seen way too often on this forum. It's literally the same saturated fat phobia that has run amok in western countries just with a different scapegoat.

Eating what you want to based on what your body is craving is good, as long as you're choosing your foods wisely. I fear some people i've seen post in these threads may interpret this as 'hey, my body is telling me i'd really like a big mac'. Like you said, if you crave sugar, eat some fruit, or raw honey, or stevia in water. There really are a lot of healthy choices for people to make when it comes to dealing with cravings.

It just bothers me when people throw up their hands and give up eating healthy because they're frustrated with all the conflicting information they're being told, or they feel miserable/deprived while doing it, which leads to them switching to eating whatever they want because they're quote 'listening to their body'. But the type of listening you're talking about i believe is correct. I love eating healthy and i feel it is a major step up flavor wise from what i used to eat. So basically eating healthy doesn't have to suck, only if you make it suck

Thanks. I am reading this health book on alkiline and acidity, warm and cold foods. I started with acne and anything dealing with the gut or immune system. I am sure there maybe something you are onto. I have problems with my gut which is why I posted in here. the thing is that, I always thought this would auto correct itself. It sucks man. It never did though, I got periods of success. The problem is that, at 20, I got the odd cystic pimple which lasts forever, and it can be permanently damaging even if you do fuck all to it. The worst is seeing a ripped muscular athletic physique and acne? Seeing guys like Arnold or on a lesser extent Zyzz and acne makes no sense. I saw a post on a body building site where he freaked out about acne. Imagine a life of cystic or even scars. Its nice to inspire or be inspired. I am overcoming this but, i am beyond waiting for trial and error at this point.

Accutane is amazing and if it took a decade off my life, it was well worth it. I met a girl recently who told me, scars turn her on, that it is manly, and rugged. I never heard this before. Another guy I know has horrible acne and terrible load of scars but, he has a pretty girlfriend. People get past this and I think in our own minds, we make it worse. I do know, I gave up nights, days, dates, and social events just cause of acne. I wont any more. I am planning to correct the mishapps I am causing with accutane.

If you have resources, books, and other pieces you want to direct me to, I am all ears. I am huge fan of David Wolf. I am trying to work on a 4:1 ratio - four parts being alkiline and to one part acidic. More raw foods in my diet and less meats especially red meat. Another question, is there any merrit to food for your blood type? I am going to find out if my blood type is A. If this is so, it may explain my response to dairy especially milk, protein powders, caffeine and a wack load of other things.

Thanks. I am reading this health book on alkiline and acidity, warm and cold foods. I started with acne and anything dealing with the gut or immune system. I am sure there maybe something you are onto. I have problems with my gut which is why I posted in here. the thing is that, I always thought this would auto correct itself. It sucks man. It never did though, I got periods of success. The problem is that, at 20, I got the odd cystic pimple which lasts forever, and it can be permanently damaging even if you do fuck all to it. The worst is seeing a ripped muscular athletic physique and acne? Seeing guys like Arnold or on a lesser extent Zyzz and acne makes no sense. I saw a post on a body building site where he freaked out about acne. Imagine a life of cystic or even scars. Its nice to inspire or be inspired. I am overcoming this but, i am beyond waiting for trial and error at this point.

Accutane is amazing and if it took a decade off my life, it was well worth it. I met a girl recently who told me, scars turn her on, that it is manly, and rugged. I never heard this before. Another guy I know has horrible acne and terrible load of scars but, he has a pretty girlfriend. People get past this and I think in our own minds, we make it worse. I do know, I gave up nights, days, dates, and social events just cause of acne. I wont any more. I am planning to correct the mishapps I am causing with accutane.

If you have resources, books, and other pieces you want to direct me to, I am all ears. I am huge fan of David Wolf. I am trying to work on a 4:1 ratio - four parts being alkiline and to one part acidic. More raw foods in my diet and less meats especially red meat. Another question, is there any merrit to food for your blood type? I am going to find out if my blood type is A. If this is so, it may explain my response to dairy especially milk, protein powders, caffeine and a wack load of other things.

I don't really think that acne ruins anybody, especially someone with a great physique. It's like, do the best you can, ya know?

As much as people seem to think otherwise, and reinforce to themselves in various ways, acne doesn't end people's social lives. It's only people who alienate themselves. I think it comes from all the social pressure of needing to be beautiful, and perfect, and such that creates such stress and depression in people's lives. As cliche as it sounds, being comfortable in your own skin is one of the best thing you can do for yourself as far as relationships with other people go. I'm really not even just saying that. Far less people care about the acne and wrinkles on my face than I would think. It's just much nicer to live life being at peace...most things tend to fall into place that way, I find. Being acne free doesn't guarantee happiness and having acne does not separate you from it, either.

Anyway, I personally don't find much merit in the concept of acid/alkaline balance but if it helps people get healthy, why not? As long as it doesn't put overbearing stress on your life, go for it, as foods that are considered to be "alkaline" are foods that are good for you anyway, so it's hard to say it's because they're "alkaline" as opposed to some other factor.

I haven't researched the blood type diet, so I wouldn't know much about that either.

These days I'm trying to just eat a wider variety of nutrient dense foods according to my appetite. Made a lot of mistakes during this process, and I'm kind of on course correction mode.

For those interested, it seems that moonbase will be back with his guide in a little while.

Edited by Tunnelvisionary

I don't really think that acne ruins anybody, especially someone with a great physique. It's like, do the best you can, ya know?

As much as people seem to think otherwise, and reinforce to themselves in various ways, acne doesn't end people's social lives. It's only people who alienate themselves. I think it comes from all the social pressure of needing to be beautiful, and perfect, and such that creates such stress and depression in people's lives. As cliche as it sounds, being comfortable in your own skin is one of the best thing you can do for yourself as far as relationships with other people go. I'm really not even just saying that. Far less people care about the acne and wrinkles on my face than I would think. It's just much nicer to live life being at peace...most things tend to fall into place that way, I find. Being acne free doesn't guarantee happiness and having acne does not separate you from it, either.

Anyway, I personally don't find much merit in the concept of acid/alkaline balance but if it helps people get healthy, why not? As long as it doesn't put overbearing stress on your life, go for it, as foods that are considered to be "alkaline" are foods that are good for you anyway, so it's hard to say it's because they're "alkaline" as opposed to some other factor.

I haven't researched the blood type diet, so I wouldn't know much about that either.

These days I'm trying to just eat a wider variety of nutrient dense foods according to my appetite. Made a lot of mistakes during this process, and I'm kind of on course correction mode.

For those interested, it seems that moonbase will be back with his guide in a little while.

Well, the most interesting or cool comment I ever heard from a girl was that, she thought scars are sexy. I imagine she wasn't talking about acne. Regardless, that seemed unusual and yet cool. She said it looks manly. I do not think acne makes a person look good but, I am not judging anyone here. Only myself. It sucks to spend and dedicate so much time to healthy eating (I say this as I down a fruit cup) and still have to resort to accutane.

I agree with you about alienating. I have done it myself and when I am such a naturally out going person. I would be all excited to go out with friends, notice a blemish or worse, a cystic pimple or nodular pimple, and that would be that. One day I wont get back ever. What sucks to is that, its gone, and I will never get it back. The problem too is if I were to have gone out, I would be stuck in my head, thinking about it instead of having fun, meeting girls, and just partying like young people do. Well, I think you are right about being comfortable with yourself and in your own skin. I noticed what I thought was hyper pigmentation actually is a small scar. Still, I pretty much shut down my whole social life the moment I noticed. I even remember my teens and flaking on girls cause of a pimple. Back then, it wasn't cystic or nodular thank god. The worst part is that, it set the thought, and planted the seed of doubt in them. Its my fault right for not being a man about it. Just shitty lessons to learn in life you know?

I always did think acne was the sort of thing you got at pre teen or early teens that auto corrects itself. No, it wasn't that way for me. I am blown away that, I can be at such low body fat that I can see definition in my muscles, abs, really low carb and calories, and yet have a athletic build while struggling from acne? It pisses me off. I tried natural alternatives but they did little to no good long term and I had to resort to something before things got worse. I have seen pics online of what acne can do to some people's face and I am not sure how anyone can be so mentally tough and deal with that. A few mini scars chicken pox like are bother some and have me insecure. I couldn't imagine a facefull of scars.

The reference to acidity and alkiline was based upon the op about acne problems due to the gut. I imagine digestion is some where in there and maybe even my liver. I have had ulcers, acid reflux, and issues with acidity. Even things like stress or depression can effect a body's acidity levels. I think it is all connected but, I think fighting genetics is like fighting universal laws like gravity. I wont suggest to anyone to do accutane cause of the side effects but, if your face will scar, its probably in your best interest. After accutane, I will do a detox and try to regulate my body and hormones which is extremely difficult to do.

With eat right for your blood type, I have no experience with it or if there is any merit though, I do notice a poor response to milk and dairy products. Sometimes even coffee. I try to limit caffeine though, I feel lethargic on accutane which blows. Not particularly fond of my peeling lips but, its the price I pay for clear skin. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, maybe I will get a life free of this or maybe something worse. I try to be appreciative for what i got. I know how fragile life is. I have lost a fair bit over the years.

There are many contradictions and paradoxes with health and fitness. Much of the body building supplements are contradicting to health. Even with healthy foods, too much in excess becomes unhealthy, and toxic to the body. Too much, in many instances, the body can build up allergies, and sickness. You are right about cravings though, people live unconsciously and careless through their cravings. I cannot afford to do that. It does make me envy others when I see people downing pizzas and pastas with perfectly clear skin. Maybe a little bit over weight or heavy set but, perfectly clear skin despite what they eat. By no means do I wish acne or scars on anyone. I just do not get it. I continue to do my best, I get out, I date, and play sports. I wont be a victim or let this shit hold me back any longer. Fuck it.

If diet causes this, then every single obese person you see should have acne - but they don't.

I just watched a hot dog eating contest. This one man ate 68 hot dogs in 10 minutes. His skin was FLAWLESS.

People at work drink sodas, eat pizza, and eat cookies. Their skin is flawless. They drink energy drinks all day. Flawless.

I have been personally dealing with this for 10 years now. Every single day is a battle. Every single morning I wake up, I have to remove new whiteheads from my face. And these aren't tiny whiteheads. These are deep cystic whiteheads that appear around my mouth, nose, and eyebrows - they are so painful that I have to think twice about making a smile or any type of expression on my face.

I have tried the diet route. It's useless. I've spent hundreds on food allergy tests. Have none. I literally went 60 days eating only vegetables, some beans, and light chicken and it did nothing. I was already thin to begin with, and I lost so much weight people thought I was dying. So save yourself the trouble and don't even bother avoiding everyday foods (I don't even remember the last time I had a sugary drink or snack, and I drink water exclusively). You're just going to have to accept the fact that we're all fucked, we were dealt a bad hand in life, and there's nothing you can do to solve this issue.

Nobody wants to hear this - but it's the truth.

Edited by crashoran

If diet causes this, then every single obese person you see should have acne - but they don't.

I just watched a hot dog eating contest. This one man ate 68 hot dogs in 10 minutes. His skin was FLAWLESS.

People at work drink sodas, eat pizza, and eat cookies. Their skin is flawless. They drink energy drinks all day. Flawless.

I have been personally dealing with this for 10 years now. Every single day is a battle. Every single morning I wake up, I have to remove new whiteheads from my face. And these aren't tiny whiteheads. These are deep cystic whiteheads that appear around my mouth, nose, and eyebrows - they are so painful that I have to think twice about making a smile or any type of expression on my face.

I have tried the diet route. It's useless. I've spent hundreds on food allergy tests. Have none. I literally went 60 days eating only vegetables, some beans, and light chicken and it did nothing. I was already thin to begin with, and I lost so much weight people thought I was dying. So save yourself the trouble and don't even bother avoiding everyday foods (I don't even remember the last time I had a sugary drink or snack, and I drink water exclusively). You're just going to have to accept the fact that we're all fucked, we were dealt a bad hand in life, and there's nothing you can do to solve this issue.

Nobody wants to hear this - but it's the truth.

I know and it fucking blows pardon my french. Its not the least bit fortunate and it does feel like a plague sometimes. Its not even like body acne that you can hide away with regular clothes either. I tried going natural, organics, hollistic routes. Going on a health kick didn't do it though, I had some success which was only temporary. I am on a health kick so, it eats at me having to resort to accutane. The real life circumstances, nobody knows but, accutane has been the cure. The problem is the conflicts and complications it causes.

If it is as bad as you say, get on accutane before you start having cystic or nodular acne that leaves crater scars or wave like scars. I have a few. I am a guy. I have gotten over the few scars I have. It was not till recently that a female said she is actually turned on by scars? This makes no sense to me. I suppose she thinks it looks manly on a guy. You cannot buy a new face and even if you go the cosmetic route, its very dangerous, conflicts are possible, and your never getting a brand new face. Keep this in mind before making a decision.

I am on accutane in month 3.5 or so, and I am noticing some complications already. The obvious being lips, dry eyes, sore muscles, and more recently, I had what is considered to be hyper tension. This is not for certain and accutane may not even be responsible for it. My body aches. I feel like I have been in a car accident. I had a upset stomach. Likely, I just caught the flu. My skin is flawless. I have not taken accutane today and I likely wont till tomorrow since I am getting over being sick. Hopefully, this was not accutane related. My back seems sore especially my neck and my back. Its red. Joints are aching. I repeat, my skin is clear. Its not a drug to take lightly. I cannot believe I was going to take it without medical clearance or a prescription but, I was so far gone, and done with accutane, I was about to do anything. I may consider some sort of cosmetic treatment like facials or peels afterward. I must say my skin on accutane has not looked this great since puberty. I am quite happy. Consider it if your this up tight and unhappy with it. If its effecting your confidence it is that time.

One of the main reasons people get acne is because of low white blood cell count. Some people are born with a weak immune system and some people are not. It is related to the size of our thymus gland and the reason people get cold, staph infection etc.other than acne. The only way to tackle this is by having immune boosting foods. Anti-oxidant and vitamin rich foods boost the immune system.

One of the main reasons people get acne is because of low white blood cell count. Some people are born with a weak immune system and some people are not. It is related to the size of our thymus gland and the reason people get cold, staph infection etc.other than acne. The only way to tackle this is by having immune boosting foods. Anti-oxidant and vitamin rich foods boost the immune system.

Since I've rarely been sick ever in my life, I doubt that was ever my issue.

I think you are onto something as is TS since, the fact remains, I have battled a weak immune system, and stomach problems. I had ulcers and acid reflux since I was young. I would puke easily when working out or training at a intense rate. I get ill frequently but, I do not want to make it out like a life or death situation. This is the truth but, it comes down to genetics and much of which is outside our control. Still, I will do everything in my power to be my best self. This is a tall order to live up too. I will keep myself grounded and content as best I can.

Since I've rarely been sick ever in my life, I doubt that was ever my issue.

I don't think its one issue. I think doctors cannot find the reason since it is a number of issues. For starters, our genetic make up, pollutants, toxins, foreign agents in the air we breathe, things like global warming effecting the environment as well as animals, preservatives in foods, low immune system, low white blood sells, and the stomach issue like TS mentioned in the op beyond a ton of more variables most of which is outside our control.

I don't think its one issue. I think doctors cannot find the reason since it is a number of issues. For starters, our genetic make up, pollutants, toxins, foreign agents in the air we breathe, things like global warming effecting the environment as well as animals, preservatives in foods, low immune system, low white blood sells, and the stomach issue like TS mentioned in the op beyond a ton of more variables most of which is outside our control.

Yes, of course, it is a variety of factors that culminate in the symptom of acne. Some being worse in one individual than in others. Which is why I am always arguing with everyone that comes here to tell us we all have weak livers, we all have damage digestive tracts, we all have weak immune systems, etc. Or that any one factor is the 'most important.' It isn't the most important when you don't have a problem with it, but a major problem with something else.

I've just finished reading this entire thread, and I find many of moonbase's premises and advisements intriguing, however I feel that it rests too heavily on the notion that acne is caused by we being "broken" due to a damaged digestive track, and while that was true for moonbase in particular, I feel many other people are simply going on blind faith in assuming this to be the case for them, causing the "the single factor responsible for acne is THIS" problem. I'm definitely aiming to eat way healthier, revolving around a core of (skinless, boneless) chicken breast in addition to fruit and vegetables, with perhaps seafood. My current maxim is to simply eat what the words "hunter-gatherer" imply. Though I don't know about this massive emphasis on fruit. I feel like for the hunter-gatherers the core of their diet would be the hunted meat, with fruits & vegetables being the snacking items that would carry them through the rest of the day. Obviously (or perhaps from my own confession) I know next to nothing about nutrition in the way some of you do, with Omega 3s and everything, and can bring reason alone to the table. I certainly feel that I would benefit from having more bowel movements, but the notion that I am damaged? Broken? I will accept that I'm running less efficiently than I ought to be, would that I had from evolving out of infancy consumed a diet of fruits, vegetables, and non red-meats alone. I accept that if I continued eating a Western diet I would probably persist with acne, and develop diabetes & cancer later on. I suppose I more-so believe for myself that my problems are caused from having been consuming what was bad for me; I feel it is sufficient to replace that with what is good for me, without having to consume excess amounts of it 4 times a day.

Yes, of course, it is a variety of factors that culminate in the symptom of acne. Some being worse in one individual than in others. Which is why I am always arguing with everyone that comes here to tell us we all have weak livers, we all have damage digestive tracts, we all have weak immune systems, etc. Or that any one factor is the 'most important.' It isn't the most important when you don't have a problem with it, but a major problem with something else.

They mean well though. Keep that in mind. They mean no harm. They can only post from their own experience level and what seems to have had the biggest pull in their health. Someone sent me a message about a juicer and I am going to take that advice. I am doing hot yoga, I am working out, eating healthy, and planning to fix the damage down through accutane. The problem with not taking it is if I am caught with a cystic pimple or nodular pimple. They leave damage. Since going on accutane, I am completely clear, and I couldn't be happier. I don't think about acne or freak out about sweating. My diet is awesome. My abs are showing definition. I feel amazing. I keep watching my hair line and may look into rogaine in case it causes damage.

They mean well though. Keep that in mind. They mean no harm. They can only post from their own experience level and what seems to have had the biggest pull in their health. Someone sent me a message about a juicer and I am going to take that advice. I am doing hot yoga, I am working out, eating healthy, and planning to fix the damage down through accutane. The problem with not taking it is if I am caught with a cystic pimple or nodular pimple. They leave damage. Since going on accutane, I am completely clear, and I couldn't be happier. I don't think about acne or freak out about sweating. My diet is awesome. My abs are showing definition. I feel amazing. I keep watching my hair line and may look into rogaine in case it causes damage.

Rogaine only slows hairloss by increasing flow of blood to the follicles. And propecia causes sexual dysfunction. If you get cysts or nodules, try determining your food intolerances. And eat a very anti-inflammatory diet which will reduce their size and duration making them much less likely to scar. I still get a cyst once in a while from my citrus intolerance. But they are now very small and heal very quickly. I only recognize them as cysts from the way I can feel them coming under the skin.

Hello to all, i've just registered today so i could post on this thread.

My story: acne first appeared at age 13 along with some minor problems with an unbalanced gut although at the time i didn't noticed it much; my acne got worst has i tried different topical treaments until i reached age 15 and that's when i got to the level of severe cystic acne; i've struggled with it until age 18 applying more topicals and taking medication without much results, i've also noticed my gut was getting worse as i had more frequently bloating, gas and bad stools. Graduating from high school and still with severe cystic acne (face, back, shoulders and chest) the dermatologist decided it was time for accutane. Accutane cleared my acne, for a while, and left me scared (especially some deep pit scars at the chest - i hate those). But the worst part, it eliminated whatever was left of balance in my stomach. After that i suffered from abdominal pain, much more bloating and gas, diarrhea and constipation. Once again i resorted to the doctors for help to a "new" problem, but 3 years have passed, since i am 21 today and still with those problems. Also my acne has come back after accutane, although not as bad, and i was able to keep it to a mild-moderate level since i've cutted out dairy from my diet a year ago, that also helped a bit with my constipation and abdominal pain issues.

Recently: i lost all confidence and trust in the medical system, and was starting to feel hopeless until i found this very topic. It was an awake call. It all clicked for me. Everything you explained here i can truly relate to the story i mentioned above, my story.

I would like to ask the moderators not to close this topic since i've noticed that the author, moonbase, has been gone from the forum for a long time. Please, i truly believe this is one of the more important topics in your foruns, i think it also deserved to be pinned.

This, along with moonbase other topic "Gaps: All Disease Begins In The Gut..." have opened my eyes. I truly recommend everybody to take a look at the video in that topic.

Also, it made me research more into diet, i've picked different books on the subject (mainly reading Paleo and Primal books until now), and as i can tell my suposedly "healthy" diet has been wrong all these years!! I will continue to study and learn more about nutrition, i hope, but it is time for me to go from theory to practice! I intend to start, next week, the exact same diet as described here by moonbase. If it improves even a little my poor health i will be very happy. I don't have high expectations, maybe see a little results by christmas, but i really am excited to try this. I also intend to modify it as i learn and hopefully recover, i especially intend to add fermented foods to it. I've tried a few probiotic supplements in recent years without much result, so i'm also hoping that fermentation would work much better in restoring my gut flora.

If this proccess will work or not i cannot tell, but what i can tell is that i've never been this happy or excited for trying something! At least it devolved me my hope that was almost gone!

I'm only sad that moonbase is no longer around, since i really wanted to thank him for open a door for me into the world of nutrition!

Wherever you are moonbase, really, really THANK YOU!

Hello to all, i've just registered today so i could post on this thread.

My story: acne first appeared at age 13 along with some minor problems with an unbalanced gut although at the time i didn't noticed it much; my acne got worst has i tried different topical treaments until i reached age 15 and that's when i got to the level of severe cystic acne; i've struggled with it until age 18 applying more topicals and taking medication without much results, i've also noticed my gut was getting worse as i had more frequently bloating, gas and bad stools. Graduating from high school and still with severe cystic acne (face, back, shoulders and chest) the dermatologist decided it was time for accutane. Accutane cleared my acne, for a while, and left me scared (especially some deep pit scars at the chest - i hate those). But the worst part, it eliminated whatever was left of balance in my stomach. After that i suffered from abdominal pain, much more bloating and gas, diarrhea and constipation. Once again i resorted to the doctors for help to a "new" problem, but 3 years have passed, since i am 21 today and still with those problems. Also my acne has come back after accutane, although not as bad, and i was able to keep it to a mild-moderate level since i've cutted out dairy from my diet a year ago, that also helped a bit with my constipation and abdominal pain issues.

Recently: i lost all confidence and trust in the medical system, and was starting to feel hopeless until i found this very topic. It was an awake call. It all clicked for me. Everything you explained here i can truly relate to the story i mentioned above, my story.

I would like to ask the moderators not to close this topic since i've noticed that the author, moonbase, has been gone from the forum for a long time. Please, i truly believe this is one of the more important topics in your foruns, i think it also deserved to be pinned.

This, along with moonbase other topic "Gaps: All Disease Begins In The Gut..." have opened my eyes. I truly recommend everybody to take a look at the video in that topic.

Also, it made me research more into diet, i've picked different books on the subject (mainly reading Paleo and Primal books until now), and as i can tell my suposedly "healthy" diet has been wrong all these years!! I will continue to study and learn more about nutrition, i hope, but it is time for me to go from theory to practice! I intend to start, next week, the exact same diet as described here by moonbase. If it improves even a little my poor health i will be very happy. I don't have high expectations, maybe see a little results by christmas, but i really am excited to try this. I also intend to modify it as i learn and hopefully recover, i especially intend to add fermented foods to it. I've tried a few probiotic supplements in recent years without much result, so i'm also hoping that fermentation would work much better in restoring my gut flora.

If this proccess will work or not i cannot tell, but what i can tell is that i've never been this happy or excited for trying something! At least it devolved me my hope that was almost gone!

I'm only sad that moonbase is no longer around, since i really wanted to thank him for open a door for me into the world of nutrition!

Wherever you are moonbase, really, really THANK YOU!

just dont forget acne isnt always just diet based, there are other factors. but moonbases general opinions are good ones to follow. detox the body and get more energy. good luck

The post about it being about low immune system and a gut or stomach problem is precise. I think genetics, pollution, and a series of things play a part in this. It just really sucks. I have the choice to continue accutane running the risk of balding, thinning hair or other long term damage and the option of not continuing accutane and getting a face full of scars and more acne? The biggest piss off is eating so well, having such low percent body fat, I can set my 6pack, not drink or do drugs, and party yet, go through this shit. It blows. The good news for anyone wondering about accutane is that, it works, it is the miracle that people say it is when factoring in acne removal but, it comes with a price. Its not cheap if you are not covered and there are risks and health complications.