Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey moonbase! :)

what are your thoughts about glutamine to repair the gut and help the liver? (plus it is an anticatabolic which means you avoid muscle-loss during this diet)

How are you advocating large amounts of fruit after posting about the GAPS diet?

The road has more than one lane.

Yeah, but those lanes go in opposite directions. If you believe acne's due to gut flora imbalance/poor digestion then fruit is going to make things worse.

1276816663787_Reaction_faces_part_1-s311x311-151500-580.jpg

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.

I'm starting to think moonbase just grew out of his acne, and that this elusive guide he's writing is not actually coming or that when it's finally posted, it will just be a reincarnation of previous diets mentioned thousands of times before.

Cut to the chase.

I think it's awfully nice when people use their free time to write up extensive posts even though they are already clear. Maybe he won't write anything that no one's already said in some random post before, but here it is, organized in one thread.

When he does it... hehe. rolleyes.gif

Edited by spectacled_owl

I'm starting to think moonbase just grew out of his acne, and that this elusive guide he's writing is not actually coming or that when it's finally posted, it will just be a reincarnation of previous diets mentioned thousands of times before.

Cut to the chase.

Thanks for the vote of confidence..

My life is been rather busy the past few days - so I haven't got a chance to put it all together yet.

As a teaser.. it's not just "one" diet smile.png

Edited by moonbase

Yeah, but those lanes go in opposite directions. If you believe acne's due to gut flora imbalance/poor digestion then fruit is going to make things worse.

Where does the GAPS diet say to limit fruit?

If you can pick up some betaine HCl. A good protocol for taking it is.. take 1 tablet at the beginning of a meal.. if no burning is felt (IN THE STOMACH) after 5 mins' date=' take another.. do this till you feel the burning... when you feel a slight burn, one less pill is your required dose. After a little while you will need to take less and less as your body learns to create more acid. Eat slowly and chewing your food well also stimulates digestion.[/quote']

What would you say if I told you I've taken around 10 (it's been a while) without feeling any burning sensation?

If you can pick up some betaine HCl. A good protocol for taking it is.. take 1 tablet at the beginning of a meal.. if no burning is felt (IN THE STOMACH) after 5 mins' date=' take another.. do this till you feel the burning... when you feel a slight burn, one less pill is your required dose. After a little while you will need to take less and less as your body learns to create more acid. Eat slowly and chewing your food well also stimulates digestion.[/quote']

What would you say if I told you I've taken around 10 (it's been a while) without feeling any burning sensation?

What dosage are the pills? Also what is yoru diet like. You require more HCl if you consume a higher protein/fat diet.

UPDATE:

Sorry I had a really horrible day with work - I just dont feel like getting it up. Please be patient I will get it formatted and ready soon. I just won't half ass it.

Edited by moonbase

I'm more confused now. Most of the doctors explain that food is not really related to acne bacteria production (except for oils, fats) but now you tell me that if I follow a diet and take out all these foods, will help to improve my face. Then, howcome obese/fat people (i dont want to offend anyone, just using as a example!) have their skin without even one little breakout?

I'm more confused now. Most of the doctors explain that food is not really related to acne bacteria production (except for oils, fats) but now you tell me that if I follow a diet and take out all these foods, will help to improve my face. Then, howcome obese/fat people (i dont want to offend anyone, just using as a example!) have their skin without even one little breakout?

Because toxins manifest themselves in different ways in different people, fat cells being one of them. Are you saying you'd rather be fat than have acne-prone skin? C'mon, you don't have to be either.

Because toxins manifest themselves in different ways in different people, fat cells being one of them. Are you saying you'd rather be fat than have acne-prone skin? C'mon, you don't have to be either.

No no, i just wanted to use that as a example. I say this because it confuses me a lot seeing so much info about acne saying that food does not have anything to do with its production and then i have other info with diets and foods that will help you. i'd like to have this idea clear if its possible :P

No no, i just wanted to use that as a example. I say this because it confuses me a lot seeing so much info about acne saying that food does not have anything to do with its production and then i have other info with diets and foods that will help you. i'd like to have this idea clear if its possible tongue.png

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/172158-success-compilation-thread/

Also, what is your source that says diet has nothing to do with acne?

As has been said already the foods you eat will have different effects on the individual(s) in question. This is why some can drink milk, and others are lactose intolerant. Some people have nut allergies that can kill them.

It's individual. Either take a full intolerance/allergy test such as YorkTest, or eliminate foods you think might be a problem and see if it helps. For many simply eliminating either milk, dairy, grains, sugar, or some kind of combination of those works very well.

It would be better if we had more success stories about Diet and Acne. But unfortunately, all I read is what we should avoid.

Hello Everyone!

@Moonbase

I stumbled across this post while looking for a solution to my problem and I have a few questions that you might be able to answer for me. Ive had a problem with acne since I was in my teens (Im 22 now) but its started to slack off a bit over the last year or so, I stopped taking antibiotics about 2 years ago and besides the occasional breakout, was doing very well with my skin, then this winter season came around, and everything went downhill.

Im not sure if I can make the connection between the seasonal change and the severance of my acne but that is the only change I can see that has been made that would cause such a drastic change. So after looking around on here for a while to see if anyone else had any experience with this I found your post and almost immediately started the diet.

I did the fruits for 2 days (with a cheat here and there on the protein)

Ive upped my veggies a lot and my fruit a lot, I still have a cheat here and there (nothing major but I know it's probably effecting my results)

So far I haven't noticed any major change (I'm cautious of the placebo effect) and the biggest problem I've been having (being a college student on a low budget) is keeping myself full.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me. I assume the sweet potatoes I bought yesterday will help with my calorie intake (how do you prepare yours?)

Should I be supplementing my repair with multi-vitamins (whole food) and Probiotics?

Thanks!

-Russ-

I wonder why I break out and produce so much sebum on my nose/forehead/chin/scalp when im eating strict fruititarian. I feel better physically and energy wise but my skin produce so much grease on this diet

As has been said already the foods you eat will have different effects on the individual(s) in question. This is why some can drink milk, and others are lactose intolerant. Some people have nut allergies that can kill them.

It's individual. Either take a full intolerance/allergy test such as YorkTest, or eliminate foods you think might be a problem and see if it helps. For many simply eliminating either milk, dairy, grains, sugar, or some kind of combination of those works very well.

Food was never my issue, and just like you say it is all individual. For some people diet is, for others it isn't, the title of this thread is a little misleading. I have been clear for 2 years and for the first year I was clear I was eating fast food on almost a daily basis (part of the job). I have remained clear for 2 years, and did slightly alter my diet to a more healthy and favorable one, however, food was never my issue. My issues were all external, not internal. So, no...this is NOT the real reason I had acne. Reader beware before you strip your body of foods and nutrients.

I don't understand what calories he's advising if he says to go fruit but no bananas or apples. Should I try and mimic the kativans and eat mostly sweet potato? I'll re-read the thread and try and find which fruits are recommended

I don't understand what calories he's advising if he says to go fruit but no bananas or apples. Should I try and mimic the kativans and eat mostly sweet potato? I'll re-read the thread and try and find which fruits are recommended

Strax, the first post on page 7 gives a detailed breakdown of food intake.

Strax, the first post on page 7 gives a detailed breakdown of food intake.

thank you sir

Food was never my issue, and just like you say it is all individual. For some people diet is, for others it isn't, the title of this thread is a little misleading. I have been clear for 2 years and for the first year I was clear I was eating fast food on almost a daily basis (part of the job). I have remained clear for 2 years, and did slightly alter my diet to a more healthy and favorable one, however, food was never my issue. My issues were all external, not internal. So, no...this is NOT the real reason I had acne. Reader beware before you strip your body of foods and nutrients.

I agree. Good post.

I've noticed that more often than not the people who come to this forum have used birth control, accutane, antibiotics, and yes, every topical under the sun, but still manage to have persistent acne. I'm one of these people (minus going the accutance route) and to say that altering what I choose to ingest has been the most effective treatment in treating my acne is a statement I feel most confident in making. I actually am almost as glad to have had persistent acne than to see it out the door (almost). Because now I am that much better at interpreting my body's needs. I am also not stripped of foods or nutrients, just the false beliefs society has held about people with this condition (and what 'healthy' in America has come to mean to the general population). For that, I feel not only immense relief but fully equipped to deal with future signals that my body is experiencing dis-ease.

Edited by corgisoulpower