Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miphia

My Regimen Results

I am on the regimen for a week now and using the following products available locally:

Cetaphil cleansing lotion

BP 2.5% Water based Gel

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.

In a week's time my face has cleared up to a great extent. i have an acne prone sensitive skin and for the last few weeks I had pimples popping one after the other on my skin. I tried covering it with make up but it never made me feel good considering the fact that my skin was not clear and beautiful. However, i started using these products and in less than a week my face looks much better than what it was.

the first 3 days were torture though. My skin was very very itchy and red using the BP. the moisturizer also did not help as it made my face look very greasy and flaky at the same time. On the 2nd and 3rd day my face looked terrible. It looked sunburnt. I was very worried and thought "Is this how I will be looking everyday after applying BP?" I started then applying BP in smaller amounts only on the affected areas. But come the 4th day and the redness had all vanished, even the flakiness has reduced although not vanished I would say. And my face does not even look that greasy after applying the moisturizer. However I still have a little of the dark, sunburnt kind of marks on my face and I am hoping they disappear too in the courses of time.

My next aim is even my skintone. The area around my chin is dark and discoloured. I really want to have an even skintone. Please could anyone recommend any products that could help even my skintone? :)

i hate to crush your confidence, but i think i should warn you that you might get a breakout around 3 weeks. a lot of people on here call it "purging." itll get worse before it gets better, but thats the only way to be sure that its working (like its cleaning out the deeper layers of your skin) stick with it, though after the purging it gets so much better

i hate to crush your confidence, but i think i should warn you that you might get a breakout around 3 weeks. a lot of people on here call it "purging." itll get worse before it gets better, but thats the only way to be sure that its working (like its cleaning out the deeper layers of your skin) stick with it, though after the purging it gets so much better

Gosh and I thought that was the end of my acne story :(..anyways I am prepared now, thanks for letting me know :)... but I am happy that my face has got kinda adjusted to BP..Its no more red or sunburnt like it looked the first 3 days..Im also glad the flakiness has reduced to a great extent. My skin also does not feel dry now when I touch it!!

Hi Miphia, I had the same thing happen to me. My acne cleared up considerably in the first few days, but then after about 8 days I had a major breakout and my skin was worse than ever. I had also gone too hard too early with the BP and my skin was red and burnt. I had to have a two day rest from the BP (except for my forehead which didnt get red or burnt) and then once I started again with a lot less BP it was fine. I'm starting my third week now, and I've seen a huge difference in the last couple of days.

Good luck with it all, I'll be interested to see if you get any replies about evening up your skin tone...I'm in the same boat.