Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest james123321

Are Natural Sugars Ok?

Guest james123321

I keep hearing about how cutting down sugars can improve someones acne situation. But when I read the nutrition on anything you would think would be healthy it has sugars but says no added sugars. Do you need to watch the sugars from fruits and that or is it just refined sugar that is in candy and snack foods?

http://www.ehow.com/...ned-sugars.html

you should avoid sucrose and take in fructose, as it is a healthy complex carbohydrate. insulin does not raise your blood sugar levels they actually lower them, other hormones raise them

http://www.webmd.com...ffects-of-sugar

there are plenty of healthy sugars that you need in your diet, they are a great source of energy. you need to avoid bad sugars (read the article), mostly sucrose, that is found in almost everyhing out there that is pre-packaged or preprocessed. just eat FRESH food, nothing premade or precooked.

Edited by freeliving

Fructose is ok in moderation. The reason fruit isn't inherently bad is because it has plenty of other things to make up for the fructose.

There are lots in natural sugars in foods that you may not even be aware of, so it would be difficult to avoid them. the key is to avoid refined sugars that are found in a lot of convenience type foods. Avoid those as they are often responsible for the over production of sebum which is one cause of blackheads and acne.

You want to avoid added sugar and you want to avoid high glycemic impacting meals. And some people do have an issue with fructose in fruits, but that can be improved with nutrients and habits.

you should avoid sucrose and take in fructose, as it is a healthy complex carbohydrate. insulin does not raise your blood sugar levels they actually lower them, other hormones raise them

You think fructose is a "complex carbohydrate"? Seriously?? Fructose is a SIMPLE SUGAR, my friend! eusa_wall.gif

there are plenty of healthy sugars that you need in your diet, they are a great source of energy. you need to avoid bad sugars (read the article), mostly sucrose, that is found in almost everyhing out there that is pre-packaged or preprocessed. just eat FRESH food, nothing premade or precooked.

All carbohydrates have to be digested into simple sugars (fructose and glucose) before they can be absorbed into the bloodstream. The "complexity" of a carbohydrate has nothing to do with it.

You think fructose is a "complex carbohydrate"? Seriously?? Fructose is a SIMPLE SUGAR, my friend! eusa_wall.gif

All carbohydrates have to be digested into simple sugars (fructose and glucose) before they can be absorbed into the bloodstream. The "complexity" of a carbohydrate has nothing to do with it.

obviously fructose is one portion complex carbs, i mean he should eat complex carbs to get fructose. funny the way you phrase it though, trying to insult. funny.

and no not all carbs have to by digested into simple monosaccharides, there are disaccharides that are digested, my friend!!!!!!!! eusa_wall.gif

Edited by freeliving

obviously fructose is one portion complex carbs, i mean he should eat complex carbs to get fructose. funny the way you phrase it though, trying to insult. funny.

I'm not trying to insult, I'm trying to be accurate. I don't know what you mean by your first sentence above. Please explain.

and no not all carbs have to by digested into simple monosaccharides, there are disaccharides that are digested, my friend!!!!!!!! eusa_wall.gif

I'm pretty darned sure all complex carbs have to be digested into monosaccharides, including disaccharides. Prove me wrong, if you can.