Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

What Is "follow The Forum?"

Where do I receive notifications if I follow a forum? Are they just topics I replied on or started or just the forum in general?

Edit: nm, I figured it out and I love it! Awesome!

You may want to answer for others though.

Edited by Prettywords

You can set up the way you want to receive notifications on your profile settings page ("Notification Options" in the menu on the left). If I'm not mistaken, all notifications are blank initially, so you have to set them up yourself. If you follow a topic, you'll receive a notification when a new reply is added, whether or not you replied there yourself.

eta: here's the help page for the new forums: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?app=core&module=help

Wait, so it's sent to email? I thought it was like FB and we got notifications here...

You can choose: email, inline notification or both. There's a "Mobile app" option too, but I have no idea what that's about.

There may be many members who haven't visited the forums lately because they think that they haven't received notification of replies to threads that they have participated in, even though they might have.

Wouldn't it have made sense to have the "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" option ticked for "email" as default after the upgrade, rather than turning all notifications off?

Edited by Manticore