Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ilovewinning

16 Yrs. Old Accutane Journal

I am a 16 year old male. I am 5'11" 145 lbs (9% bodyfat), who has started accutane 3 months ago.

My face before accutane: I have moderately-severe acne. I have multiple whiteheads and nasty inflamed pimples on my chin. On my forehead, I have little acne. I have little acne on my cheeks as well. The center of my cheek has SOME red, inflamed pimples under my skin. The sides of my head, near my sideburns, has acne that trails downwards. On my nose, I have dozens of tiny, pimples that have not surfaced. They are not very noticeable. On the bridge of my eyebrows, above my nose, I have many pimples that are not very noticebale (except that occasional big one that pops up). My back and shoulders are 95% clear. Although it seems like a lot, my face isn't severe. It's still pretty bad though

UPDATED: I'm at 3 months and my face looks worse than when I started Accutane. I've just finished football and my forehead looks horrible.... I've actually counted how much small whiteheads I have... dozens... all over my forehead. See how much football gives people acne? <--- Look at the paragraph above and it says "on my forehead, I have little acne". that was In the beginning of football. Towards the end of the football season, my face just imploded on itself and within a few weeks I had twice as many zits as I had before. I'm severe now. In EVERY spot that the football helmet touches (my cheeks, ears, and forehead) has been exploided with pimples. surprisingly, though, my chin ACTUALLY HASNT BROKEN OUT EVEN THOUGH i HAVE A CHIN STRAP. HOW WEIRD IS THAT?

Doseage: I was first put on 20mg for one month. then she raised me to 40mg the next month. Now, I'm on my third month and she raised me to 60mg. She's going to raise me gradually to about 90mg in another 3 months. I'm on accutane for 6 months.

Other things i take: I take zinc pills (50mg) and fish oil pills every day. and Vitamin-e... should i be taking this? sometimes I stop taking all these pills and my face gets really red and then I go back on the pills beause I get pissed because it looks so bad. Then, I question myself about taking them and I stop taking them... and then it repeats.

Side effects: on the 20mg, nothing happened. on the 40mg, my face started drying. On the 60mg so far, it really hasnt been effective. My lips aren't dry or anything. My face is just recooperated from the 40mg it looks like. My forehead is extreeeemely dry and some pimples have dry tops but thats about it.

Background info: I am a football player. My helmet rubs against my face for 2 and a half hours a day, 5-6 days a week. This is the main reason why I have breakout. This shit... It demotes my confidence. I hope it disappears during high school. Lately I've been realllllllllly angry about acne because i feel COMPLETELY POWERLESS. I feel like this because--- I can be the nicest most charming kid in the whole world. But i still cant get the girl I want because of the freaking things...... man....... I just feel disgusting.

I am an athlete (I play track and football). Many people will ask "well why doesn't he just quit football?! No football=no pimples!" That's bullcrap.... I'm not going to let damn acne take away my favorite sport and a chance at a D1 TRACK SCHOLAR-FREAKING-SHIP. NO WAY IN HELL.

Anyways, I will update everybody on my progress every few days I feel a change. Peace

Edited by ilovewinning

i feel ya bro im 16 too and play fball..just think that within a month or 2 youll be clear so dont let this shit effect you too bad. ik one of the side effects for accutane is joint paint, and since u play fball im assuming you lift so if i were u id up the fish oil to get ur omega 3s(great for joints) and possibly a joint aiding supplement, since squats bench presses and all those other compound excercises do a number on ur joints anyway

best of luck on accutane my man

i feel ya bro im 16 too and play fball..just think that within a month or 2 youll be clear so dont let this shit effect you too bad. ik one of the side effects for accutane is joint paint, and since u play fball im assuming you lift so if i were u id up the fish oil to get ur omega 3s(great for joints) and possibly a joint aiding supplement, since squats bench presses and all those other compound excercises do a number on ur joints anyway

best of luck on accutane my man

wow thanks for that tip man. I'm going to be lifting HARD on the off-season

It's day 19 and I'm FINALLY having side effects. Unlike yesterday, my lips are chapped and my face was dry to the point of peeling. Maybe it's because I haven't drinking alot of water, I don't know.

19 days closer to clear skin =)

DAY 21-------- The side-effects are not overpowering. and my skin looks GREAT. a big improvement in quality and i have less pimples. I think this is because the zinc

hey, i was wondering about going on accutane too (same age, but turning 17 in several weeks)... i don't think i have as bad of skin as you did, but for me, it's pretty bad... gotta cover it up with foundation and concealer every day. meh doubt.gif and i was wondering about the zinc. it seems like THAT might be what's helping your skin along rather than the 'tane (who knows? rolleyes.gif )

but anyway, what zinc tablets do you take? as in brand name, #mgs, how many a day, where do you get them, etc? i might think about using a zinc supplement before i seriously consider going on accutane.... i'd prefer not having to have all the test and monitoring done on a monthly basis.. too busy with school at the moment

and anyway, thanks in advance for any help smile.png

hey, i was wondering about going on accutane too (same age, but turning 17 in several weeks)... i don't think i have as bad of skin as you did, but for me, it's pretty bad... gotta cover it up with foundation and concealer every day. meh doubt.gif and i was wondering about the zinc. it seems like THAT might be what's helping your skin along rather than the 'tane (who knows? rolleyes.gif )

but anyway, what zinc tablets do you take? as in brand name, #mgs, how many a day, where do you get them, etc? i might think about using a zinc supplement before i seriously consider going on accutane.... i'd prefer not having to have all the test and monitoring done on a monthly basis.. too busy with school at the moment

and anyway, thanks in advance for any help smile.png

Zinc is giving me the small results so far. I've been taking it for for a few weeks and I've noticed small improvements. Nothing big. I know this because my skin is like a rollercoaster. One day it'll be amazing, and one day it'll be horrible. Day 21 was a weekend (no football) so that's why my skin looked so great. The next day I also had no football and it looked like crap though. But the Zinc does have some great effects. I actually know a kid who had severe acne and he cured it by taking a huge amount of zinc. He took a dangerous amount (like 200mg or something) prescribed by his doctor. His skin was 100% clear. For me, it hasn't done mucheusa_think.gif . Some people with moderate acne get clear in 3 weeks (I find it hard to imagine). But try it! By what you said, you don't have bad acne, so try doing zinc, or something else like (b15?? treatment <idk what its called). If all else fails, then do the accutane.

I take 50mg once a day. I honestly don't know a specific place to get it. It was laying in my cabinets for the longest time and I just found itsaywhat.gif . Try shoprite or cvs..... and look for "Spring Valley" or "Nature Made".

But try not to hold off on the accutane too longeusa_think.gif . By the way I'm only on 20mg and it'll take a whileeee to work. You don't have to take accutane-you can take something else. Theres a bunch of stuff that are out there. I'm personally not afraid to take them to get clear. You shouldn't be either =p. The blood take 20 minutes for me and barely interferes with anything. But then again, you're probably not as desperate as I am.

All questions answered? huh.png . oh and I'm not even 16 yet. I turn 16 in a few weeks- that's kinda young to be on accutane I know. I don't care honestly

Lol I'm trying to post on this thread in general and it won't let me... Idk what the hell I'm doing I'm new to this forum thing. Can you help me out lmfao. Every time I try to post something, it edits this thread smh

Edited by ilovewinning

watch it with the zinc dude..im on accutane now too (day lk 9 or somthing) and my derm said dont take anything beside the tane..ik zinc can dry ur face out too so thats the only negative think i could see takin it with tane

watch it with the zinc dude..im on accutane now too (day lk 9 or somthing) and my derm said dont take anything beside the tane..ik zinc can dry ur face out too so thats the only negative think i could see takin it with tane

yeah i stopped taking it a few days ago because my derm said to not take it

ok day 43------- no improvement.....

the doctor moved me up to 40mg on october 12th (about 2 weeks ago). the doctor is moving me up to 70mg on November 12th. Then, she says, the accutane will kick in. so I have to wait a whole month and more for my skin to be clear. I'm more than thankful.... I really dont care how long it takes. This **** is pissing me off.

I was actually just on facebook and I saw a picture of me when my skin was clear. the picture was taken about a year ago while I was on vacation. Man, I wish I had the same skin I had back then. I would give so much things for it. That was the old me... its hard to believe it when I look at it.

And RIGHT FREAKING NOW? yeah, nothing close to what I used to be.

I CANT WAIT UNTIL THIS DAMN PILL WORKS

oh and on day 23 my face felt like crap. that's all i remember-- I haven't posted in a while. My lips are really chapped especially in the middle of my bottom lip. today's my 16th birthday too =D

Edited by ilovewinning