Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering how do you guys relieve, remove or reduce stress? What tools or methods do you use that have worked? Especially when there are circumstances you can't control in the real world.

I am trying to get into meditation again. Even though I can't stop my thoughts. But I figure after a while I can stop and/or reduce the thoughts.

Note: I am already eating a paleo friendly diet and exercising. But I haven’t been able to tackle my stress sufficiently therefore I continue to have acne..

thanks in advance:)

define the goal, then define the various possible methods for achieving it. try all methods and see what works for yourself, then take notes so you remember what actually worked in achieving the ends.

the desire to know ahead of time what is sufficient in achieving your goals is a luxury we all wish for. its called true knowledge and science.

Life is a trial and error process, accept that, now go out into the world and get to work.

this is kind of a joke but not really.

take a vacation, talk to a friend. a "real" friend, they are hard to find.

dont talk about problems, talk about solutions.

*moderator edit*

have a beer, with a friend!!

music music music.

sex.

If you're having trouble calming your thoughts during meditation, you should check out some meditation tracks on youtube! Chunkylard recommended it to me, and I find that it helps me reach deeper meditative states much quicker than all on my own, probably 10 minutes instead of 20-30. If you have any persistent thoughts, I find it helpful to ask yourself why you're thinking about it, and a solution/answer usually quells the thought.

If you're having trouble calming your thoughts during meditation, you should check out some meditation tracks on youtube! Chunkylard recommended it to me, and I find that it helps me reach deeper meditative states much quicker than all on my own, probably 10 minutes instead of 20-30. If you have any persistent thoughts, I find it helpful to ask yourself why you're thinking about it, and a solution/answer usually quells the thought.

which specific meditation tracks do you use? I really do want to make meditation a daily part of my life. But have trouble going into deep meditative states because of the millions of thoughts constantly running through my head confused.gif

Different tracks work for different people :) I would experiment with different kinds of meditation as well. I started out by focusing on my breathing, and slowing down my inhales and exhales, and I used to have a hard time with this alone! You get better with practice.

Here are some different meditation tracks/guided meditations you could try, good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-klfBJlHc

Different tracks work for different people smile.png I would experiment with different kinds of meditation as well. I started out by focusing on my breathing, and slowing down my inhales and exhales, and I used to have a hard time with this alone! You get better with practice.

Here are some different meditation tracks/guided meditations you could try, good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-klfBJlHc

meditation is AH-MAAAZING! :) Really calms me down and clears my mind!