Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IsItJohnny

Leaving Lotions Overnight

Can someone explain to me how they leave stuff on their face overnight? Is there any benefit to this?

It's the most uncomfortable feeling having stuff on your face, knowing you can't turn your face because you're going to smear the pillow OR it's going to stick to your face (shudder). I tried it once and I couldn't sleep the whole night and I felt ghastly in the morning.

How do you guys do it?

try putting all your creams on a few hours before bed so it's completely dry. nothing will rub off then. you won't even know you have anything on. over time you'll get used to it.

Can someone explain to me how they leave stuff on their face overnight? Is there any benefit to this?

It's the most uncomfortable feeling having stuff on your face, knowing you can't turn your face because you're going to smear the pillow OR it's going to stick to your face (shudder). I tried it once and I couldn't sleep the whole night and I felt ghastly in the morning.

How do you guys do it?

You mean putting lotion on your face is uncomfortable for you to sleep in? That's so weird, because I cant sleep WITHOUT moisturizing my face. Without lotion I feel so dry and uncomfortable! I never think about SMEARING lotion because I already rubbed it into my skin.

I don't know, the only thing that I'm comfortable having on my face is just the natural skin oils. I even tried putting a little Jojoba oil, which everyone seems to hold in such high esteem, but it was so greasy it was insane. I don't mean like pore clogging greasy, but uncomfortable type of greasy.

CottonCandi, what moisturizer do you use? I've tried different stuff but I have yet to find something that makes my skin supple and easy instead of shiny and puffy.

Edited by IsItJohnny

I don't know, the only thing that I'm comfortable having on my face is just the natural skin oils. I even tried putting a little Jojoba oil, which everyone seems to hold in such high esteem, but it was so greasy it was insane. I don't mean like pore clogging greasy, but uncomfortable type of greasy.

CottonCandi, what moisturizer do you use? I've tried different stuff but I have yet to find something that makes my skin supple and easy instead of shiny and puffy.

I use Cetaphil cream but it's really heavy and makes your skin look greasy if you put too much on, but my skin is really dry so I need that type of moisture. I have tried Complex 15 cream which everyone seems to love but I hate it and it made my skin dry and flakey.

I've never felt that lotion on my face was uncomfortable so I'm not really sure what to suggest to you because I'm the exact opposite, my face feels dry and bad when I'm not wearing any.

Edited by CottonCandi