Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

I Can Act The Way I Want To Because Of Accutane.

Today I just broke down crying. I don't think there are enough positive Accutane stories on the internet. Because once people are clear and happy, they move on with their lives, and they don't care to go back to acne.org and talk about it. It's the people with horror stories who share. This isn't really fair to Accutane.

I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I can act the way I want to now, because of Accutane. I make better decisions, think more clearly and respect myself more. I can start conversations with random new people easily, go out on Friday nights, have a ton more friends, speak up in class, put myself out there for everyone to see, be conceited (shock!) and extremely proud of how I look, love waking up in my skin every morning BECAUSE OF THIS MEDICATION. I can be the person I want to be, BECAUSE OF THIS MEDICATION.

And when I think about how my life was before it, and how my life is now, I just cry. Because this tiny little pill allowed me to turn everything around and have a completely different mind set. I AM NOT DEPRESSED. In fact, I was more depressed BEFORE Accutane than I am now. I am happy and grateful and I'm crying as I write this because I literally don't know how to say everything I wish I could say. Thank you, Accutane.

That's really nice to know, and I'm glad Accutane worked wonders for you. Many people still suffer from Acne, because Accutane hasn't helped them much. However, it depends on the person's body and how it will react to the medication. :) I'm glad it worked for you, enjoy your clear skin!

Hey Gina :) Don't think I've seen you around for a while, glad to hear that it all worked out for you.

I think it just goes to show how, if we let it, acne can have such an influence on the things we do. Or on what we don't do, as the case may be.

Long may this new approach continue for you!

congratulations on being acne free and now being able to live you're life. I was considering going on accuntane and did hours of research on the internet, and while there were a few horror stories about accutane, the stories of positive effects people had far outweighed the negative ones.

Yeah, Accutane is the only thing that's really given me consistant, lasting results so far. My only regret is not taking it sooner because now I have to live with bad scarring which somebody even today commented about. Sure, there were a lot of negative side effects with me (degraded vision, soreness, dryness, and other irregularities) but none of them are as bad as my acne was. Because of Accutane, I can finally go out in public with some confidence without spending 3 hours in the bathroom trying to tend to and cover up my acne. And I don't have to suffer with the constant itching and bleeding and pain associated with bad acne.

So yeah, I still think it should be a last resort and ultimately you have to determine whether it's truly worth the risks but I was willing to put my life on the line for a "cure" for acne and I stand by that today.

Yes, I am miserable, cannot wait to get on Accutane in mid November. I think I have waited about 3 months too long, though, because the scarring is nuts. I've never scarred like this before, so I just didn't reach the end of my rope as soon I guess... I just have to make it until ~November 15, when I can begin the treatment and know that I'm doing all that I can to finally eradicate this from my life.