Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wdeez

Help Starting The Regime.

I just recently came across this wonderful website.

I've fought with acne since I was 11, I am 20 now. I still have pretty moderate acne, but my breakouts are far less. However, I have a lot of acne scarring from the years.

I went to buy cleanser, BP, and moisturizer, but ended up buying the wrong cleanser.

I purchased a 10% BP cleanser, clean and clear continuous control.

I use a 2.5% BP, neutrogena on the spot.

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion

My question is, because I have such a history of bad acne, can I stay with the 10% bp cleanser? Or go with a cleanser without BP?

Also, my skin is naturally oily, so when I moisturize, it looks even more oily. Should I just use less moisturizer?

If you are using Dan's regimen, get a cleanser with no medication in it. On his getting started page, he recommends products over the counter. Make sure you look at the "avoid" list. There are tons of products out there with these ingredients in them. The only thing you should be using with benzoyl peroxide is the cream itself. I used to use neutrogena's on the spot cream too. but it's so expensive. and with dan's regimen, you have to use ALOT. so i would recommend getting dan's BP off this site. It's a lot more for your money and it's a gel instead of cream, so it doesn't dry too fast and it is invisible. As for the moisturizer, try neutrogena oil free lotion. They make one that controls oily areas and moisturizes dry areas. hope i helped =)

If you are using Dan's regimen, get a cleanser with no medication in it. On his getting started page, he recommends products over the counter. Make sure you look at the "avoid" list. There are tons of products out there with these ingredients in them. The only thing you should be using with benzoyl peroxide is the cream itself. I used to use neutrogena's on the spot cream too. but it's so expensive. and with dan's regimen, you have to use ALOT. so i would recommend getting dan's BP off this site. It's a lot more for your money and it's a gel instead of cream, so it doesn't dry too fast and it is invisible. As for the moisturizer, try neutrogena oil free lotion. They make one that controls oily areas and moisturizes dry areas. hope i helped =)

yeah i agree. dan recommends the gel BP instead of the cream cuz it sinks in better and doesnt leave a white residue. and neutrogena oil free lotion is good! get the sensitive skin one since youre using BP