Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
20feeling15

My First Tca Peel

So it's day 3

My chin started peeling very lightly yesterday but still no peeling anywhere eles, I hear it really starts on day 4. My scars seriously look almost flat! but I'm guessing this is from the layer of dead skin? Not trying to be too hopful about it as I know theres no way they could be flattened in that amount of time.

Other than that my skin looks totally normal and feels a little dry..I'll keep updating!

Good luck, but I don't think TCA peels will do anything for scars. At the typical strengths used for full-face peels, it doesn't go deep enough and doesn't cause enough damage to initate collegen remodeling. It's great for getting rid of PIH though.

What you need is at least 65% TCA to do that, in extremely tiny amounts (aka the TCA cross).

Edited by Beautiful Day

Well I've heard people have had success with this and I only have light scaring, no ice pick scars. So I guess I'll see, even if it only helped with my PIH I would be very pleased

So tomorrow marks one week after I did my TCA peel. My face never peeled very much; by the 4th and 5th day the peeling on my chin moved to just the lower area of my left cheek and the peeling on my nose moved up the bridge but that was about it. I'm so happy to be able to ware makeup again tomorrow as the peeling has completely stopped.

In another week or 2 I'll post before/after pics to see if there is any improvement, and I'll also be doing a second peel at 15%