Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ugh, my diet completely failed yesterday. I feel like I've completely ruined any progress I've made over the past few months. I don't even know what happened or why, but I just pigged out on crap all day. I started off the morning by eating poptarts with cocoa puffs. I had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and ate 3 platefuls of nasty [tasty] greasy Mexican food. For an afternoon snack I ate some of the little debbie snacks that were inconveniently laying on my friend's counter. For dinner I had Pizza Hut. When I get home depressed and ashamed of myself I ate an entire thing of Ben & Jerry's and passed out... with my makeup on.

When I awoke this morning I ran to my restroom and washed my face. I expected for my face to be horribly broken out, but it seems fine... for now.

I think I'm going to fast [starve] myself for a few days. I'm so depressed... And I hate myself so much right now for being so weak.

Ugh, my diet completely failed yesterday. I feel like I've completely ruined any progress I've made over the past few months. I don't even know what happened or why, but I just pigged out on crap all day. I started off the morning by eating poptarts with cocoa puffs. I had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and ate 3 platefuls of nasty [tasty] greasy Mexican food. For an afternoon snack I ate some of the little debbie snacks that were inconveniently laying on my friend's counter. For dinner I had Pizza Hut. When I get home depressed and ashamed of myself I ate an entire thing of Ben & Jerry's and passed out... with my makeup on.

When I awoke this morning I ran to my restroom and washed my face. I expected for my face to be horribly broken out, but it seems fine... for now.

I think I'm going to fast [starve] myself for a few days. I'm so depressed... And I hate myself so much right now for being so weak.

there is nothing wrong with what you did. when you did diet did it 100% clear your skin? you should never fast, it only hurts your body more (the only time is when you need to flush out your intestines - under docs orders). i am allergic to gluten so i cant have breads or anything like that, ever since i found out i have been eating pretty healthy, although I still have refined sugars and stuff, like sweet teas ice cream and what have you. the only bad thing about that list of food is the high calories, you can work out and work it off, but as far as acne goes, if you dont have any intolerances to those foods then you shouldnt be worried about it, just enjoy those food in moderation and dont over do it like you did that day. i usually have one shitty thing a day, never gave or caused my acne...i have been clear for 6 + years.

thats the thing with diets and most the people on this forum that talk about diet. they bash anything and everything that isnt "healthy" and say it caused or will cause acne. food allergies can promote acne, but if you dont have an intolerance to food then you shouldnt be worried about a food acne link for you personally. all those foods are fatty and have refind sugars in them, so they shouldnt be eaten like that all in one day, unless you dont care about your health like many americans.

Edited by freeliving

OP You will be fine. You need to stop believing in the food and diet myths on this forum. There is no scientific proof that food causes acne. Food allergies can cause reactions such as hives or skin raches on your face but that is not the same thing as acne and leaves less scarring/disfigurement. If you are allergic to any foods, obviously try to limit your intake of them but they do not promote acne. Don't worry if you decide to eat a piece of chocolate, drink a glass of milk or get an ice cream cone.

Just eat a good diet with a healthy mix of meats, poultry, seafood, fruits and vegetables. Get plenty of exercise and drink lots of water throughout the day.

OP You will be fine. You need to stop believing in the food and diet myths on this forum. There is no scientific proof that food causes acne. Food allergies can cause reactions such as hives or skin raches on your face but that is not the same thing as acne and leaves less scarring/disfigurement. If you are allergic to any foods, obviously try to limit your intake of them but they do not promote acne. Don't worry if you decide to eat a piece of chocolate, drink a glass of milk or get an ice cream cone.

Just eat a good diet with a healthy mix of meats, poultry, seafood, fruits and vegetables. Get plenty of exercise and drink lots of water throughout the day.

although i believe most of this, it is true that studies show certain foods can promote acne...thats not coming from me, others on this forum will attest to that. it is best to avoid foods that you know cause harm, if that is an allergen or a high dose of fat and other unhealthy things like refined sugars. there are plenty of people on these forums that think they have allergies that cause them acne, but most of them have never even seen an allergist, not saying all allergists can diagnose you. but if you experience this in certain foods you need to never eat them

Edited by freeliving

In my opinion certain food DO promote acne, but do you know why? You're organs don't function AS properly when you eat food that isn't good for your body, thus it promotes acne because those organs in your body that take toxins out don't work as well.

Of course, your skin is the last place that your body uses to take out toxins, and so I doubt eating all of that for a day will really cause your acne to increase in severity. Don't worry, unless you continue doing this everyday. One day won't make a significant difference in your face, it takes a while for acne to acclimate.

I have a huge pimple formation on my face. Its like the size of a penny. I'm 100% sure its related to the binging of the food. The belief that food doesn't negatively affect acne is completely wrong. In addition to the medication my dermatologist prescribed me I've completely changed my eating habits. I hardly get pimples now and I haven't had a cyst in nearly 2 months. Now I feel like I have a cyst forming =C!

This is the 3rd time I've went completely crazy with eating since I've changed my eating habits. Each time my face has looked crappy for a few days until I get everything back on track. Except for this one spot [on my cheek] my face is completely smooth. But its kind of blotchy/red, too. :(

I have a huge pimple formation on my face. Its like the size of a penny. I'm 100% sure its related to the binging of the food. The belief that food doesn't negatively affect acne is completely wrong. In addition to the medication my dermatologist prescribed me I've completely changed my eating habits. I hardly get pimples now and I haven't had a cyst in nearly 2 months. Now I feel like I have a cyst forming =C!

This is the 3rd time I've went completely crazy with eating since I've changed my eating habits. Each time my face has looked crappy for a few days until I get everything back on track. Except for this one spot [on my cheek] my face is completely smooth. But its kind of blotchy/red, too. sad.png

if it is completely wrong and you believe you get cystic acne from it why do you proceed to do it?

Why does your face seem fine? Because diet has NOTHING to do with acne. Your on a diet for absolutely no reason. Eat what you want. No matter what you eat (or drink), it won't affect your acne positively or negatively. I went on a one month diet eating "healthy" and drinking "healthy" and I still got the same amount of pimples I'd regularly would get from what I'd normally eat and drink.

This is the 3rd time I've went completely crazy with eating since I've changed my eating habits. Each time my face has looked crappy for a few days until I get everything back on track. Except for this one spot [on my cheek] my face is completely smooth. But its kind of blotchy/red, too. sad.png

if it is completely wrong and you believe you get cystic acne from it why do you proceed to do it?

I have problems with emotionally eating? IDK. When I have a really bad day I just want to console myself with junk food. For the most part (except for the very few times) I've been able to control my cravings and urges.

I have problems with emotionally eating? IDK. When I have a really bad day I just want to console myself with junk food. For the most part (except for the very few times) I've been able to control my cravings and urges.

If you have trouble with emotional eating, DON'T try to make up for a binge by fasting. You'll set up a vicious cycle of bingeing and fasting- I'm saying this from experience.

I find it really odd that some people would say that food categorically doesn't affect acne because it doesn't affect THEIR acne. Personally it doesn't affect my acne either (I don't think), but everybody's different. I've seen enough people's success stories with food elimination to discount it. And while it's true that science hasn't shown a link between food and acne, if science knew just what the hell acne was and how to fix it, we wouldn't be here.