Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest james123321

Eye Contact!

Guest james123321

Doesn't it irritate you when peoples eyes constantly look at where your acne is during a conversation? I actually find it funny at first but then it irritates the hell out of me! Especially this one girl I work with she will look at my eyes than my acne and switch back about every half second.

Like really I am staring at your face do you not realize I can tell that you are looking at my acne? If it wasn't for this problem I wouldn't give a crap about my acne to be honest. After one of these encounters my self confidence is out the window for the day.

I just have so much more respect for people that take into consideration how they are making you feel when they don't analyze your flaws right in front of you. For example I started a new job today and was being trained by this guy. At first he took one look and that was it. He didn't glance all over my face once for the rest of the night.

Edited by james123321

It's really nice of the guy whose training you to not care about your acne. Most of the people I've met always seem to looks at the areas on my face where I have acne, and it really does annoy me! I mean how would it feel if I look at your flaws CONSTANTLY?

Anyways, there's not much we can do but deal with it. Humans are curious creatures, and when they spot something out of the norm they tend to concentrate on it. I wouldn't blame them. Most of my friends who at first would stare at my acne have stopped, because they don't care as much for it anymore. Usually strangers tend to look at it more, but once they've become acquaintances they don't seem to do so as much.

It's just curiosity, in my opinion. Some people can be really pesky, but you shouldn't blame them. Society has ruled what is "normal looking" and what isn't, and so the minds of many are conformed to this rules. When they look at something different, they can't help but notice it.

BUT it's really annoying when someone tells me what products to use on my face, when they have never suffered from acne. I mean, how would you know?

Edited by DesireClearSkin

I think it's got to do with curiosity, as DesireClearSkin said. Have you ever seen someone with really strange eyebrows or something going on with their teeth or a piercing or a scar that you swore to yourself you wouldn't look at while they're talking to you but you end up doing it anyway? I've certainly had that experience, and it's almost like it's involuntary. I'm not judging them or even consciously thinking anything at all as I'm looking at them, it's just like a reflex.

However if the same person keeps doing it you should consider asking them about it. The truth is that sometimes they don't even realize they're doing it. I remember when I was really young I was talking to my cousin who'd recently grown her bangs out and I kept staring at her forehead. While she was talking to me she suddenly stopped and said, 'why do you keep looking at my forehead?' - I didn't even realize I'd been doing it, nor did I think she'd notice. I stopped right away and didn't do it again, and I also made an effort not to unconsciously do the same thing to anyone else. Some people just need it brought to their attention and they will stop.

Yes, I was on a date last night and he kept looking at my skin sad.png I had like four pimples.

omg what the heck only four?! haha that reminds me i was talking to a girl during class and she was like "omg im breaking out so bad on my forehead! see?" and she points to this teeny-tiny-barely-there whitehead. i mean like what the heck you dont know the MEANING of breaking out hahaha