Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AliJay

Face Masks On Accutane

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used face masks while on accutane? I know you're not meant to use topical treatments other than a gentle cleanser and moisturizer with SPF, but I am wondering whether it would be ok to use a gentle clay mask for 10mins once a week?

I am currently on day 50 of accutane and my skin is not oily, but it isn't dry or flakey either. I am still getting new active pimples every week and my blocked pores and blackheads are at the 'falling out' stage. Was hoping to speed up the healing process, but want some advice :)

Cheers,

Ali

Thanks Bonnie :) I've heard some really good things about Manuka Honey and have seen it in chemist warehouse, so might have to get me some. Do you just slather it on, or do you mix it with something else?

Urgh, the endless battle with acne really is tiring! It gets very disheartening, especially when there are still red marks and scars from old pimples that take a long time to fade.

Sorry for the delayed reply! Yeah I pretty much just slather it on and leave it on for as long as possible.

Make sure the activity UMF level is at least 15+ (they say).

Yes the endless battle indeed....its extremely depressing, especially with summer around the corner, i'm the only one i know at the moment that prays for a rainy cold day! Means i can hide inside all day and not feel like I'm missing out on anything!

I have been using Dr. Hauschka face masks the entire five months I've been on accutane - the Rejuvenating Mask, the Soothing Mask, and the Moisturizing Mask. They are all amazing. they are expensive but completely worth it in my opinion. If i had to pick one I'd go with Soothing (I buy them at much lower prices on layovers through Germany). I have used the Rejuvenating forever though - way before accutane - and it is truly outstanding.