Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Defense

Recommendation For A New Cleanser

Hi, I should quickly introduce myself.

I've had acne since 7th grade, and I'm currently a senior in college. That's almost 10 years saywhat.gif

Anyways I've been through numerous different cleansers and medications. I've also been on two rounds of accutane. Lucky for me, I haven't had any side effects besides the dry skin. In the past year or so, I've been on Solodyn, and about a month ago, I started Doxycycline.

I have moderate oily skin. it takes about a couple hours before it becomes noticeable in the morning.

I've started off using cleansers with benzoyl peroxide as well as salicylic acid, but stopped after reading about what it has been doing to my skin.

The last two products I've used are Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, and currently Jan Marini BioClean. For moisterizer, I've had very good luck with CeraVe, so I've stuck with it for several years.

Anyways, any input on a cleanser to replace the Jan Marini BioClean would be great, thanks.

I'm totally fine with ordering online. I've tried Dan's cleanser sometime ago, probably 3-4 years, and I wasn't too impressed with it.

Why do you want to change cleansers? What are you not getting out of the one that you are currently using that you would like to get...?

Right now I'm using Biophora. Not sure where you live but I think it's only available in Canada. My derm suggested it. Prior to that, I was using Cetaphil with no issues.

I believe it's mostly price. I spend $20 on something that lasts 2 months. And for that price, I don't think it gives me much improvement over other products.

Change is sometimes good, why stick with one thing if there's no improvement?

I believe it's mostly price. I spend $20 on something that lasts 2 months. And for that price, I don't think it gives me much improvement over other products.

Change is sometimes good, why stick with one thing if there's no improvement?

What kind of improvement are you looking for? Because cleansers without an active ingredient like BP or SA are just cleansers, and aren't meant to treat acne.

Like I said price

if there's another product that's just as good for much cheaper, there's no reason to keep buying the same product

and like I said again, I just want change