Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sensitisma

Claravis Log - 30 Year Old Female

I'm so happy for you! And jealous! Wish my red marks would fade enough that I can go without foundation.

Me too! Its such a slow process isn't it but we'll get there!! x

Thanks! I must disclose that my skin wasn't horribly broken out when I started my course, so many of my red marks were already old. (The freshest ones are along my jawline and I can just put concealer on them.) It was just starting to break out in some nodules along my jaw, but my derm caught it early and said it was time for accutane. She had seen what my skin can do last year when my face exploded in painful, red zits everywhere. Solodyn and Ziana worked well for awhile, but I broke out again while on those so it was time to go for the big gun. That was actually my indication for this drug: breaking out while on antibiotics (and texture scarring). I'm really glad that I went this route because I hate taking antibiotics for a long period of time; I'd prefer to only take them for an infection anyway.

My "Post" button is broken again, but I found a way around it. I just click "More Reply Options" and post from there. I don't know why my account keeps acting goofy...

5 more pills to go! I had to skip yesterday and today because I have a cold, but I'm tackling it fiercely. My cold arsenal includes Zinc and the following drugs: Mucinex, Pseudofed PE, Claritin, and Afrin Nasal Spray (all generic brands of course, since they are the same). I'm also making sure to eat healthy and rest so I can get this cold over with and finish my course!

I had a weird zit like thing pop up on my chin, but the skin was peeling all around it and it looked sort of strange, so I treated it with Vanos cream (got from my derm for the 'tane related eczema that appeared on my stomach) and it went away. I guess it wasn't a zit, but it really scared me since I'm so close to the end and this thing was inflamed and angry looking. The weather has been fluctuating a lot around here and I traveled a little bit last weekend, so it could have been some sort of inflammatory reaction to those changes since my skin became a little dry and itchy. Whatever it was, it's gone now.

I took my last pill last night! I can't believe I'm already finished with this treatment. I hope my skin remains clear (I'd love for it to stay dry too, actually). On a makeup note, I just got a tube of Stila Sheer Color SPF20 Tinted Moisturizer, so I'm going to give it a try instead of wearing my 3 usual things during the day since my skin is in fairly good shape.

I've really enjoyed and appreciated interacting with everyone on this forum, sharing progress, exchanging advice, and just having others to talk to who are going through the same thing I am. Thank you! :)

I will post periodic updates on this log so you can see what my post-accutane experience is like. Right now I have one very small pimple on my cheek because I accidentally flung some hair heat protectant in my face. In the past, that would have been a giant nodule.

Yay! I'm so happy for you! It was super fantastic having you as an accutane buddy. Now be off with you and enjoy your clear, beautiful skin. =) You'll be able to wear lipsticks and lipglosses again!

Edited by brownbag

I am seriously excited to wear lipstick again! I've been able to where gloss: Clinique Superbalm in Raspberry, and Smashbox Limitless Longwearing Gloss SPF15 in Endless. Those glosses have actually been my lips's saviors (and Aquaphor) during treatment because they seal in the moisture for a few hours. They have been perfect for work and those shades are really nice on my fair skin.

The Stila TM feels a little tacky/sticky, but it looks nice and wears well through the day. I'll give it more time for my final opinion.

It's been a month and my skin is doing really well! I can't use the Tazorac my derm gave me to try because my skin is too sensitive, but I haven't needed it. I'm thinking about trying an over the counter retinol product to rebuild my tolerance. I don't need foundation anymore, my skin is feeling less sensitive and delicate these days, and I have received several compliments on how pretty it looks! My current skin care routine has only changed a little from what I did while on 'tane. I have added the Paula's Choice Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner (day and night), and her salycilic acid gel at night. The toner is really soothing and calms any redness I may have after cleansing. I also use the Clarisonic Mia2 with the delicate brush at night only, not every day. In the morning, it's just CeraVe cleanser, above mentioned toner, Clinique City Block SPF25, and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, then concealer where needed and other makeup. I still don't seem to have any oil on my skin, but it isn't dry either. My acne texture scars look like they might be starting to fill in, but it's still pretty early to tell. So far, things are looking great!