Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ladymermaid

Starting The Regimen Today!

The other day, I came home from class and just started to cry. I'm so insecure with the way my face looks. I see everyone else in class with flawless skin and it just makes me so angry with my body and why acne has to happen to me. I have nothing to lose, so I purchased the 3 part regimen and will be starting it tonight. In the past I've used the perscription Clindamycin (which was horrible), the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil line (horrible), and Proactive (which surprisingly is the only thing that has slightly worked out of everything I've tried).

I guess the point I'm trying to make with this post is that I'm extremely nervous. Time after time I've heard amazing things about products, tried them, and only discovered that they work on everyone else except me. I know this isn't going to cure my face overnight, but I'm still terrified that it will never start working. I've read posts and various info on the site about getting started, but are there any other tips/advice you may have for someone who's first beginning the journey on the regimen?

well first off, follow the regimen strictly. do only the things it says, dont do anything else, at least until youre clear.

and i think the most important thing is that you shouldnt give up.

at least give the regimen 2 or 3 months to see if your skins improving, because it will get worse around the third week (but thats a good sign, it means its working)

yeah, thats about it. good luck!

Thanks! I've read/watched the regimen steps so many times, I don't want to mess up AT ALL!

It's been only a day, and my face is kind of itching. But I'm not worrying, as the first couple of weeks I'm not expecting much of an improvement. I have faith in the Regimen, and unlike anything else, I'm glad there's an online community to help me through it :)

good luck with the regimen, i'll just echo what has already been said.

Follow the steps accurately enough, and don't be tempted to change or add variables until you're skin is clear of active acne!

Thank you! :)

I'm religiously following the steps. It's nice to come on here and see such strict guidelines-- with other products I felt like I had to figure everything out on my own, which never resulted in anything good. My face is a a tiny bit better after a few days, but it itches, which is annoying :/

The the that's very different to me in the cleanser. I've always figured that the harder I scrub my face, the better it would be (haha oh I was so wrong), so being extremely gentle & light with the cleanser is very new and eye opening to me.

Thank you! smile.png

I'm religiously following the steps. It's nice to come on here and see such strict guidelines-- with other products I felt like I had to figure everything out on my own, which never resulted in anything good. My face is a a tiny bit better after a few days, but it itches, which is annoying :/

The the that's very different to me in the cleanser. I've always figured that the harder I scrub my face, the better it would be (haha oh I was so wrong), so being extremely gentle & light with the cleanser is very new and eye opening to me.

The harder you scrub something, the cleaner it will be, that's logical. However, majorities of people (we've all been there at one point) will scrub their face in hope that it will somewhat improve their skin, but will ultimately face the consequences.

Scrubbing = irritation = acne.

Gentle cleansing = less to no irritation = improvement in acne.

Simple equation :)

I feel so bad for not posting here anymore. Now that my skin is clear, the moral support isn't as needed and I just go about my life without the stress of acne. Just wanted to say thanks again to Dan and the entire Acne.org community. Without it, I'd still be the insecure girl in the first post of this topic.

Sometimes I take a step back from the mirror and am in shock at how clear my skin looks. It used to be so terrible-- to the point in which I could tell people weren't looking at me, but the blemishes on my face.

<3

Aw, thank you so much<3

I have very few photos when I was at my worst. There was a point in which I didn't even want to go anywhere where because of how ashamed I was of my skin. I remember my friend asked me to come over for her bday party and I just made up an excuse saying I had to study for a midterm :/ Acne ruins so much of one's life.

I'll try and find something though!