Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ready2Bdone

How Long Did It Take For Pih To Clear Up On The Regimen?

Has anybody who had success with the regimen for stopping acne also have their PIH clear up? How long did this take? I'm a 30 year old male who still gets lots of clogged pores on my head and everything leaves a mark these days. It's scary in florescent lighting. I'm going to commit to the regiment to end the acne, but then how long will I need to wait for the PIH to clear up? Has anyone had success with their PIH clearing up while on the regiment. It would be great if anyone in their late 20s early 30s could chime in too. When I was in my early 20s and teens I could do anything to my skin and wouldn't leave a mark. I think from age and chemicals this has changed sad.png so now everything leaves a mark.

Hi, I cleared my acne with the regimen and was on it for around 8 months and my PIH didn't fade one bit. So I was clear but still looked like I had a facefull of acne. BP slows down the healing process therefore PIH spots last longer.

Thanks for the response. What type of acne did you have? Anybody else have experiences with this. I always go on and off BP because I worry about it damaging my skin, but the acne comes back. I'm wondering if I stay on it for the long haul if the marks will finally clear with the acne.

Good luck with accutane. I found that high doses of vitamin D3 alleviated my cystic acne. I take 10,000 IU per day of vitamin D3 in liquid gel form. I'm seeing improvement with the regimen and think it will clear me up in about two more weeks. However, I can never bring myself to see this as a long term treatment. Besides the effort, it just doesn't seem okay for my skin, even though the FDA says it's not a tumor promoter I still worry.

Yeah I was very worried about premature aging and wrinkles.. It dehydrated my face so much that I had stuper deep forehead wrinkles and was starting to get crows feet around my eyes.. idk just didn't seem "safe" to me! Good luck tho, it definitely does work.

yeah, i took a risk because i didn't want to be using BP long term, and it wasn't keeping me clear anyway.

Edited by accushame!