Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danipaskor

Accutane And Anti-Depressants?

What did your derm say? What did the physican prescrbing the anti depressants say? I be careful though as Accutane has been know to cause or worsen depression etc...

I would also like to know this.

Since last night (I've been on Isotretinoin for a month) I am feeling depressed and lonely. I already had the tendency of having depressive feelings. Roaccutane clearly doesn't make it better.

Also, I have to get my period next week so I suppose it is a combination of factors.

Furthermore I am in love with an unreachable person.. She doesn't feel the same for me...and this is not the first time that I fall for the wrong person. I've never met someone in my life with which the love was mutual. I'm afraid I never will. But somewhere there is also still faith.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. I am on anti-depressants and my doctor is prescribing me Accutane because she feels confident that they are working for me, so she's less worried about potential side effects from Accutane. I also know a girl who got depressed while on Accutane and was put on anti-depressants to help.

Thanks for you answer.

I'm not sure yet if I want to take anti-depressants, but let's see what the dermatologist says tomorrow.

On which anti-depressants are you?

I'm on Prozac (Fluoxetine). It took about 4 weeks to start working, but it's very effective and I've had almost no side effects.

Going to ask my derm when I see him next week.

I was on Zoloft for depression & anxiety. Would like to go on it again if possible.

I will post here what he says.

Yes, I was on Citalopram and Accutane at the same time, with no problems related to taking the two drugs together.