Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allrighty

How Long Have U Had Or Suffered From Acne?

HOW LONG HAVE U SUFFERED FROM ACNE FOR?

Write below, your name, age and how long you have suffered from acne?

TRENT- 30yrs old/ 17 years. ;o(

Since I was 13, I'm now 26. It's really brought me down these last few months to think that I've had this for half my life. Especially when I consider that there were kids my age who either never had it or grew out of it by 16 or whatever, yet I'm still fighting regular breakouts after all this time. Sucks. Working on it, and my skin is improving, but the damage it's done to my confidence and self esteem after so long is pretty bad, and because I wasn't strong enough to just carry on regardless, the way I've responded to my acne has cost me such a lot in my life, including my friendships and my job. I've found it's one of this situations where I've had to get to rock bottom before I realised I had to turn it around. I suppose the one good thing is that from here, the only way is up.

Edited by PaulH85

Itd be great if we all lived in one city and we could have monthly catch ups where we support each other.....thanks for sharing ur story Snappy Happy, I can sooo relate, my acne RULES me, well when I let it and that sucks. I have missed out on so much.

Since I was 11 years old. I am now a 44 year old man. I am so sick and tired of it. So, 33 years.

Edited by OldFart

About 26 years. I haven't had a major breakout since I took Accutane 25 years ago. However, it had still been a problem. I wish I knew about Apple Cider Vinegar back then for I wouldn't be posting on here today.

wow Oldfart....what kind of acne do u have? Poor guy. How do u cope?

I think we all cope depending on our situation. My acne is moderate, not to bad, but it is extremely frustrating. My wife says I am exaggerating the situation, maybe we all do to some extent, and my kids don't care if Dad has a few zits. I would just love to wake up and not go look in the mirror and wonder if I have a few new shiners......

wow, my first zits were when i was 11 (i was an early bloomer anyways; zits, hair, greasy, smelly, the whole shabang!), and my acne was worse when i was in high school, it was moderate by college, and now its more just scars, pockmarks on my face, and some DARK bacne PIH, not too many active pimples, for which im thankful

Since I was 13, I'm now 26. It's really brought me down these last few months to think that I've had this for half my life. Especially when I consider that there were kids my age who either never had it or grew out of it by 16 or whatever, yet I'm still fighting regular breakouts after all this time. Sucks. Working on it, and my skin is improving, but the damage it's done to my confidence and self esteem after so long is pretty bad, and because I wasn't strong enough to just carry on regardless, the way I've responded to my acne has cost me such a lot in my life, including my friendships and my job. I've found it's one of this situations where I've had to get to rock bottom before I realised I had to turn it around. I suppose the one good thing is that from here, the only way is up.

UGH dont you hate zits lol... I think what it comes down to is that have zits, one or one hundred, can be a real confidence killer.....

Whats apple cider vinegar do??

It balanced my ph, killed my acne in 2 days, & worked better (besides Accutane) and faster than any medication I ever took. I had REALLY bad Acne when I was younger, Accutane got it to where it was manageable. ACV would have helped me avoid 2 additional rounds of Accutane, numerous other trips to the doctors, & years of pain & suffering. AND @ $2.00 a bottle....Amazing.