Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
collegelaura

Doxycycline (Doryx) For More Than Two Months?

Hey was just wondering if anyone on Doxycycline saw results after being on it for more than two months. I have been on doxy for two months and haven't noticed much of I difference. I'm wondering if I should move on or if giving it another month will be helpful at all?!

Thanks,

Laura

Try to make an appointment with your dermatologist and talk about it. He might put you on stronger antibiotics, such as Minocycline. I've been taking Minocycline for 4 weeks already and after 1 week I saw major differences. If the Minocycline fails for you, you might want to discuss Accutane (only if you have severe cystic acne all over your face) with your dermatologist.

Thanks for your help! I've actually already decided to go with Accutane b/c I feel like I've tried every other route. I can't get it for another month however, so I was going to continue on doxy until then it's just my prescription is so expensive so I was debating whether even refilling it.

i was actually sort of wondering the same thing....been on doxycycliine for almost two months and i am still getting small whiteheads on my jawline.... wondering if i should give it another month or talk to my derm right away...glad i saw this topic, maybe minocycline will help me more than the doxy....

I've been on doxy for about two weeks on Monday and I've noticed some major improvements, only one active spot to speak of right now. I'm also using Aczone and Panoxyl facewash, are you using anything in conjunction with the antibiotics?

I have been on Doryx for 2nd treatment-this time one month. I have a lot of tiny acne bumps nothing real deep or cystic but I didn't have all these little bumps before. What is going on ? I am very frustrated with this. I also use Ziana but have been on that well over a yr.Any recommendations. Dr is trying to put me on benzafoam ultra and aczone too. Any infor would be helpful

I've been on doxy for about two weeks on Monday and I've noticed some major improvements, only one active spot to speak of right now. I'm also using Aczone and Panoxyl facewash, are you using anything in conjunction with the antibiotics?

meh, i don't think its doing much, if anything it might be breaking me out more. It goes on easy, doesn't burn or anything, but I haven't seen any benefits yet.

I have been taking dosyciline for two weeks and there is NO improvement..should I continue it?I take it 100mgs-one pill daily,should I up the dose ?

I've only been on it for 5 weeks. I've still seen no improvement with my acne though. My dermatologist said it should take 2-4 weeks to kick in. So you should probably go back to the term if it's been that long.

I've only been on it for 5 weeks. I've still seen no improvement with my acne though. My dermatologist said it should take 2-4 weeks to kick in. So you should probably go back to the term if it's been that long.

how long have you been taking it with no improvement?I am thinking of upping the dose to 200mgs daily,now I take 1 pill 100mgs daily