Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoloWing Pixy

Should I Use Aha And Dan's Moisterizer At The Same Time?

So I've been using AHA for a few days with only mild side effects, I feel like I'm ready to start using it as a nightly Moisterizer from time to time but I was wondering If I should also use Dan's Moisterizer with it the first few times I do this. is this necessary or not? also if I should use Dan's Moisterizer with AHA how much AHA/Moisterizer do I use? Someone please let me know soon!

Hi there, I've started using Dan's AHA about 6 days ago. I do Dan's evening regimen as normal, but put on about (I was going to say 10 cent piece worth, but THATS not going to help because you're not australian! haha) about 1.5 cm glob in the centre of my palm all over my face. And then just before I go to bed, I put on 1 pump of his moisturiser plus about 10 drops of jojoba oil over the top of everything.

I have extremely dry skin though, so bear that in mind. I've read a lot of posts on here where people use just the AHA as moisturiser without added moisturiser over the top. Maybe just trial and error to see what suits you?

What side effects did you have? I had slight redness in the creases between my mouth and cheeks but that went after a couple of days, Besides that, I think that its really smoothed out my skin texture....

I've been using the AHA+ product for 3+ months, and the Regimen for approx. 6 months.

It is fine to use the AHA+ nightly. You do not need to use the moisturizer in conjunction with it.

However if you are using it as a spot treatment at another point in the day, use it after the BP, before the moisturizer - and still use moisturizer.

Well Aha and dan's moisturizer in day..But you are saying that you use it in night than may be you are talking about some other Dan's moisturizer ir may be I was wrong in thinking..

Its not necessary but optional. You can see how will your skin react to it but I wouldn't be using two formula at the same time. Results can sometimes be different, if you know what I mean