Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLSL

Two Of My Healing Cysts Have Turned Dark Purple... What Should I Do?

Help please!

I was wondering if there was anything I can do for these two dark purple, flat cysts on my face. I'm not sure what happened, I've been sick lately (diarrhea, vomiting) so maybe they weren't getting enough circulation and/or nutrition to heal or something? Is there anything I can do to lessen the scarring? I'm really worried about it. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

are they maybe filled with fluid under the surface? I had something that sounds like this some months ago. It was a dark purple colour because it had blood inside.

I woudnt want to say the way I dealt with them is correct but I used a sterile needle to leak it out and then applied TCP to stop any infections. I also would take 2 ibuprofen capsules to reduce any inflammation.

Ive got a picture in my gallery of when I got them, pretty grim!

Same.

i got cortisone shots for my cysts when i visited my derm for the first time (Sept. 1rst) Well after they healed they left dark purple marks. one is almost black... or really dark purple. Exfoliation helps but its a delicate process. idk what to do.

did u "pick" at them. if u did then dont do that anymore.

i would suggest a 2% hydroquinone product. they help lighten dark marks from acne.

u should see results within 1-2 weeks.