Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melanie rose

Advice For A Tazorac User

Tazorac has greatly helped my acne, I use it nightly and like the results even the dryness. I'm been worrying though about long term effects of this harsh product. My derm says since it is the strongest thing he prescribes for wrinkles, I'm only doing good. My facial therapist says it's too much to use while I'm young and will do damage over time. I keep hearing conflicting opinions and I don't know who to believe! Maybe I'll start weening down to every other night, I'm just afraid of breaking out, my skin has been so great this year. Looking forward to hearing advice/experiences, thanks much :)

If its working for you stick with it! Check out this New York Times article on tretinoin (very similar, a retinoid) and how the woman who has been using it for a long time says she looks so much younger than her friends. I think the key is that it does make you more susceptible to sun damage, so you MUST wear minimum SPF 40 every single day, even if you're barely going outside. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/30/fashion/30skin.html?pagewanted=all