Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi!

I'm 16 and a girl.

Ever since last year I've been struggling with my very stubborn acne, not even the regimen will work for me, though BP is the thing that has worked "the best" and that's not saying a lot.

My acne is making me feel so bad, I'm not sure what to do anymore!!

I've tried:

Neutrogena

ACO

Formula 10.0.6

Home recipes

Epiduo (prescribed)

Stioxyl

Basiron

This is only a few of what I've tried and the prescribed medication didn't to a single thing.

I'm currently on ProActiv, I've been on it for over two weeks but all it has done is make new pimples appear and my skin has gotten so oily!!!! I have never had a real problem with oiliness.

I really want some views, how bad is my acne according to you? I know that my acne is definitely not mild.

My mom asked if I wanted to make an appointment with a dermatologist. First off, I told her no. I really do want to but I refuse to have her in the room with me, but she says I can't go unless she goes with me. I've told her not to bring up my acne, I really feel bad about it but she's not getting it.

Second off, it takes months to get an appointment with any dermatologist.

Left

post-158412-0-14686900-1316706716_thumb.

Left cheek

post-158412-0-74552400-1316706466_thumb.

Right cheek

post-158412-0-64021900-1316706510_thumb.

I so, so need some answers!

The only part on my face that is clear is the skin close to my eyes, it's "velvety" there.

post-158412-0-74552400-1316706466_thumb.

post-158412-0-64021900-1316706510_thumb.

post-158412-0-14686900-1316706716_thumb.

Hi there, first of all, I undertand where you are coming from. I would say your acne is of a "modrate" severity. You don't seem to have too many active inflammatory lesions, but some of your active lesions would be classified as nodules I think (quite deep.) I think the depth of the lesions is the reason that topicals haven't worked so well for you. If I were you, I would get to the dermatologist office as soon as possible because you don't ant to risk developing scarring. I know it might be quite embarassing to have your mother there with you, but dematologists have seen thouands of case like this and they are there to talk about such issues! They really will not bat an eyelid and it will be confidential, so a few moments of pain = a lot of gain. Acne is a skin disease and deserves to be treated in the ame way as any other illness. You can get dermaologist appointments relatively quickly if you shop around. Hope this helps!

Hi!

Thank you for you answer.

Hi there, first of all, I undertand where you are coming from. I would say your acne is of a "modrate" severity. You don't seem to have too many active inflammatory lesions, but some of your active lesions would be classified as nodules I think (quite deep.) I think the depth of the lesions is the reason that topicals haven't worked so well for you. If I were you, I would get to the dermatologist office as soon as possible because you don't ant to risk developing scarring. I know it might be quite embarassing to have your mother there with you, but dematologists have seen thouands of case like this and they are there to talk about such issues! They really will not bat an eyelid and it will be confidential, so a few moments of pain = a lot of gain. Acne is a skin disease and deserves to be treated in the ame way as any other illness. You can get dermaologist appointments relatively quickly if you shop around. Hope this helps!

Guest Timehealsall

no you do not have any nodules. those are just inflamed papules and pustules. your acne is similar to mine.

what regimens have ut ried

Guest Timehealsall

btw id consider this mild acne but near mdoerate

I'd say yours is mild-moderate, I don't think you have nodules, but visiting a dermatologist is a good idea, especially while you're only 16. Better to do it now than wait until you're older and your skin isn't healing as quickly. A dermatologist referral always takes a few months, or at least it does where I live as well, and it's better to get one now than to wait until you really feel like you need it and then have to wait a few months from then. Trust me, I wish I'd asked for a dermatologist referral ages ago. I finally asked in the summer and my appointment still isn't until October and the wait is killing me!

Edited by mm97

I'd say yours is mild-moderate, I don't think you have nodules, but visiting a dermatologist is a good idea, especially while you're only 16. Better to do it now than wait until you're older and your skin isn't healing as quickly. A dermatologist referral always takes a few months, or at least it does where I live as well, and it's better to get one now than to wait until you really feel like you need it and then have to wait a few months from then. Trust me, I wish I'd asked for a dermatologist referral ages ago. I finally asked in the summer and my appointment still isn't until October and the wait is killing me!

Uugggggh... this is killing me so much (our of sheer embaressment)!! But I'm texting my mom and telling her to make an appointment right now >_< I hate, hate, hate acne so, so much!

I've had sever acne since I was 14, I'm now 17.It was WAY worse than yours.There wasn't a single clear pore on my face, I was miserable, had no friends as I transferred to a new school and thought nobody would want to to talk to me because I was so ugly!

But then I went to see a dermatologist. That guy saved my life! Got prescribed some anti-biotics and birth-control.After about 6 months my skin was completely clear! last time I remember to have this good skin was when I was about 10!

Go see a dermatologist, those guys are magic!! Your skin will get better if not completely clear!

good luck!

I had to sit through an appointment with my mother and yes it was annoying and embarrassing, with all the discussions about my acne and my periods, but hey I only had to suffer for about 30-40 minutes and then i was on the road to clearer skin! I LOVE DERMATOLOGISTS!!!

Uugggggh... this is killing me so much (our of sheer embaressment)!! But I'm texting my mom and telling her to make an appointment right now oompf.gif I hate, hate, hate acne so, so much!

What's more embarrassing? Going to see a doctor who can potentially help you fix your acne, or living with acne for years on end? The sooner you treat it, the better off you will be.

Ive been to doctors countless times, and theyve given me things that havent helped at all, and can be dangerous for the body. Oxytetracycline for example. Im trying to just ignore my acne, carry on living my life as i would. No regime, no diet. I do take fish oil, vit c, vit b5 and zinc though. My skins looking okay :)