Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paparazzi25

Dr. Oz on popping zits.

Am i the only one that just finds this completely wrong?

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Dr-Oz-Demonstrates-How-to-Properly-Pop-a-Pimple-Video

why would you stick a needle through your zit and rip it? How is that better than popping it? it seemed like it would damage the skin and you would end up with a scab in its place instead of just a dark blemish. I understand the needle but actually ripping the zit?!

I agree with the idea that squeezing damages the tissue around the active blemish, but that needle method is ridiculous!

I personally use a needle to puncture an active before extracting. It causes much less damage, at least for me. It also helps me ensure that all of the gunk has been removed. I didn't watch the link, but I can say using a sterilized needle before extracting or squeezing gives an easy route out for the gunk inside. It also helps bc less force is needed therefore less damage to surrounding tissue.

Ok, I just watched the video, and I highly discourage anyone from tearing thru a zit that way. All you need is to puncture it before applying slight pressure.

Wow this made me cringe. This method will undeniably cause more trauma to your skin, cause skin bleeding, and is just a very harsh way to do it. Why not just dab an acne mask on your zits til they shrink naturally over time. FAR leaa traumatic to your skin, no stabbing or ripping required.

I have actually had personal experience with this and find that just popping it makes it go away faster. I used to think using a lancet for popping pimples would make them heal easier but that's not true, it causes more harm than good.