Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
firegirl1310

Long Term Side Effect With Alcohol?

Hey everyone,

I went on a 6 month Accutane treatment, using Isotretinoin. It worked wonders clearing up my acne, although I did have a really bad side effect that messed with my eyes. Other than that I loved Accutane and think it is an amazing acne medicine. I finished the treatment in March and since then I have noticed that every time I drink alcohol I get sick. No matter how little the amount of alcohol it is I drink by the end of the night my stomach makes all the alcohol come back up. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had any reaction like this? I was completely fine drinking alcohol before my treatment.

Thanks!

I've honestly never heard of this before. Definitely have WHILE on the course, but not AFTER. How long have you been off it? Sometimes, depending on people's bodies, Accutane's side effects take longer to subside.

I finished accutane in March so it's been 7 months. And as far a my eyes go they are much better, although with my wearing contacts they do dry out much faster than they used to. Attached is a picture of what happened with my eyes during treatment.

0908000624.jpg